Site Announcements

View the results of the New Wave Outpost 20th Anniversary Top Songs Poll here:
http://www.nwoutpost.com/poll/results


Coming Soon: Top Albums Poll. Stay tuned!

Welcome to the new forum!
If you are a previously registered user, you must do the following:

1) Click on 'I forgot my password' at the login prompt
2) Enter your username and email you registered with and submit
3) You will receive an email with an activation link. Please click it and then log in using the random password provided
4) Go to your User Control Panel and click on the Profile tab
5) Click on 'Edit Account Settings' and enter your new password twice followed by the random password provided earlier. Click Submit.
6) That's it...you're back in! You may have to log in again with your new password.


If you forgot your email address, please email me (MikeP) at: mikepaulsen12@gmail.com

Note: you must now use bb code buttons in the Post form for embedded images, YouTube videos, etc.
For example, to post embedded YouTube videos: paste in the link (e.g., http://www.youtube.com/watch?XYZ1234567), highlight it and then click the YouTube button.

Coming soon from Rubellan Remasters


Re: Coming soon from Rubellan Remasters

Postby Bellenger1981 » Tue May 01, 2018 11:59 am

Rubellan wrote:
Bellenger1981 wrote:I've been meaning to ask ... is there some significance behind the word Rubellan? What does it mean? I love the logo, by the way.


Yes, it's an inside joke that dates back to the early 90's but I can't really explain it without a few paragraphs. On request, I tried to explain the meaning on a phone call in the early 2000's with Eric Sherman (then head of VH1 Classic), but I could tell he was totally confused, so I just leave it a mystery. But my logo with the oddball alien is a direct reference to it. Let's just say that Ruby (the alien) is from Rubella which makes her Rubellan.

Thanks for the explanation. It's truly great to see someone with passion and care behind these kinds of music projects.
Bellenger1981
Personal Jesus
 
Posts: 440
Joined: Mon Mar 01, 2010 7:53 am
Location: USA

Re: Coming soon from Rubellan Remasters

Postby Rubellan » Fri May 18, 2018 1:13 pm

New website has just been published: www.rubellanremasters.com
Scott @ Rubellan Remasters
www.rubellanremasters.com
Rubellan
Room at the Top
 
Posts: 1061
Joined: Sun Nov 14, 2004 10:59 am
Location:

Re: Coming soon from Rubellan Remasters

Postby omar » Fri May 18, 2018 3:51 pm

Great website Scott. I'm looking forward to the Krisma cd. Just two quick questions. Any updates of the Passions " Sanctuary" and also any plans of remastering/reissuing The Europeans first album Vocabulary?
omar
Room at the Top
 
Posts: 1849
Joined: Mon Feb 08, 2010 1:51 am
Location: USA

Re: Coming soon from Rubellan Remasters

Postby Rubellan » Fri May 18, 2018 5:34 pm

omar wrote:Great website Scott. I'm looking forward to the Krisma cd. Just two quick questions. Any updates of the Passions " Sanctuary" and also any plans of remastering/reissuing The Europeans first album Vocabulary?


The Passions is still in the final sign off stage, along with Trees and a deluxe edition of the first Visage album. Honestly, I wouldn't doubt if they are holding some of it back to see if I follow through with my first Universal title, which I just received the master for today, and is almost completed. It was submitted at the same time as The Passions and Visage, so I would expect those will be cleared not long after my first title is released. By the way, I didn't mention that title because it's another Mort Garson title, the person who was behind the Ataraxia CD I released last month. It's an earlier Moog album he did under the name Lucifer and the album is titled Black Mass. Once that's completed in the next couple of weeks, perhaps the others will follow soon after.

And yes, I've seriously considered Vocabulary. I don't love the album but I wouldn't be opposed to doing a deluxe edition. Again, it all depends on the response to this first batch of CD's I'm releasing. If sales are light and it takes a long time to recoup the 50K being payed out, I'm not sure how soon more titles would be submitted for approval, if at all. People are still on this vinyl kick, which I don't understand because the master transfer I received for the Lucifer album today is such a world away in stereo separation than any LP with any high end stylus. I've had people expressing disappointment because I released Ataraxia on CD instead of LP, which just boggles the mind because it's such a quiet album and this is the first time ever it's been available on a format that truly lets you hear the master tape without all the noise. So if it turns out that people are still on the "death to CD" mentality when all my titles are out and ready, then there's little cause for me to continue. At this point, I'm already wondering if I jumped into the game a little late, but time will tell.
Scott @ Rubellan Remasters
www.rubellanremasters.com
Rubellan
Room at the Top
 
Posts: 1061
Joined: Sun Nov 14, 2004 10:59 am
Location:

Re: Coming soon from Rubellan Remasters

Postby omar » Fri May 18, 2018 6:49 pm

Thanks for the info. I think all three Visage albums from the 80s should be reissued with the proper remixes/versions. The debut would be on everyone’s Xmas wish list if it happens this year.
omar
Room at the Top
 
Posts: 1849
Joined: Mon Feb 08, 2010 1:51 am
Location: USA

Re: Coming soon from Rubellan Remasters

Postby schwenko » Sat May 19, 2018 2:20 am

I wholeheartedly support releases on cd. I will not buy vinyl any longer.

Rubellan wrote:
omar wrote:Great website Scott. I'm looking forward to the Krisma cd. Just two quick questions. Any updates of the Passions " Sanctuary" and also any plans of remastering/reissuing The Europeans first album Vocabulary?


The Passions is still in the final sign off stage, along with Trees and a deluxe edition of the first Visage album. Honestly, I wouldn't doubt if they are holding some of it back to see if I follow through with my first Universal title, which I just received the master for today, and is almost completed. It was submitted at the same time as The Passions and Visage, so I would expect those will be cleared not long after my first title is released. By the way, I didn't mention that title because it's another Mort Garson title, the person who was behind the Ataraxia CD I released last month. It's an earlier Moog album he did under the name Lucifer and the album is titled Black Mass. Once that's completed in the next couple of weeks, perhaps the others will follow soon after.

And yes, I've seriously considered Vocabulary. I don't love the album but I wouldn't be opposed to doing a deluxe edition. Again, it all depends on the response to this first batch of CD's I'm releasing. If sales are light and it takes a long time to recoup the 50K being payed out, I'm not sure how soon more titles would be submitted for approval, if at all. People are still on this vinyl kick, which I don't understand because the master transfer I received for the Lucifer album today is such a world away in stereo separation than any LP with any high end stylus. I've had people expressing disappointment because I released Ataraxia on CD instead of LP, which just boggles the mind because it's such a quiet album and this is the first time ever it's been available on a format that truly lets you hear the master tape without all the noise. So if it turns out that people are still on the "death to CD" mentality when all my titles are out and ready, then there's little cause for me to continue. At this point, I'm already wondering if I jumped into the game a little late, but time will tell.
Sugoi !!!
schwenko
Room at the Top
 
Posts: 5281
Joined: Fri Apr 04, 2003 12:20 pm
Location: USA

Re: Coming soon from Rubellan Remasters

Postby Rubellan » Sat May 19, 2018 3:54 am

I do appreciate the support I've received from a couple of the forums I posted on. I recognized a number of names from here when preparing orders to ship, and even more from the Hoffman audiophile forum where I've been posting about this journey since the start. It's been a challenge to find a good way to get the word out. I did sign up for CD Baby's distribution for this first CD to see how that goes but I cannot say I've seen it popping up everywhere as an available title. I managed to get listed on Amazon and after a few days their bot buried me within another listing and now no one will ever see it there, and Amazon support were useless. I've emailed a good handful of other distributors but no one ever seems to write back. So the challenge isn't confined to just getting the albums released, it's getting the word out as well. If any of you feel like posting about my label on a forum or group you frequent, feel free. I notified the person who runs the Krisma website about my upcoming release and he was so enthusiastic he posted it on the website and on various Facebook forums, and I now have a bunch of people ready to snag a copy. I think that kind of small town advertising is what's going to be my best bet at this point, until I become a more known name. I will be curious to see where things are in a year.
Scott @ Rubellan Remasters
www.rubellanremasters.com
Rubellan
Room at the Top
 
Posts: 1061
Joined: Sun Nov 14, 2004 10:59 am
Location:

Re: Coming soon from Rubellan Remasters

Postby Jolo0924 » Sat May 19, 2018 8:45 am

omar wrote:Thanks for the info. I think all three Visage albums from the 80s should be reissued with the proper remixes/versions. The debut would be on everyone’s Xmas wish list if it happens this year.


Agreed. Especially the Anvil as the 2008 Cherry Pop expanded re-issue was terrible and incomplete.
User avatar
Jolo0924
Switchin' to Glide
 
Posts: 32
Joined: Mon Nov 03, 2008 7:09 am
Location: United Kingdom

Re: Coming soon from Rubellan Remasters

Postby swerve » Sun May 20, 2018 6:47 am

I had posted previously about the importance of getting the word out and the challenge in doing so. I've often learned of a release well after it has come out and would have bought the release right away had I known. Hopefully those of us who grew up with vinyl transitioning into CD and still having a large collection of CD's ( and still prefer CD ) get to learn of these releases and can support your label as we all would like to see you continue and be successful. I'll post your website address at a site I frequent that hits this market directly. You should see sales as a result.
swerve
Personal Jesus
 
Posts: 268
Joined: Fri May 02, 2003 8:18 am
Location: Canada

Re: Coming soon from Rubellan Remasters

Postby ZippY » Sun May 20, 2018 12:59 pm

I would love to see 2-CD deluxe editions of Visage and The Anvil too. Those albums so much deserve this treatment after all these years.
A lot of people I know (and I'm in my 50's now) will buy these. There's a little bit more hope now.
:)
ZippY
Take On Me
 
Posts: 84
Joined: Thu Apr 03, 2014 8:05 am

Re: Coming soon from Rubellan Remasters

Postby Barmy » Tue May 22, 2018 9:45 pm

For years I would automatically just rebuy reissues of CDs that I already had. I never threw out or sold the older CDs. Ultimately I realized that on a good stereo system the remastered versions sometimes, or often, sounded not noticeably different, or worse, than the original CD issues. Cocteau Twins and Siouxsie are good examples. In addition, given the size of my collection, I needed to control space usage.

At this point I have sharply curtailed purchasing reissues of previously issued CDs. The extras for me are completely superfluous, unless they are B-sides or fully realized but unissued songs that have never been on CD. Single mixes and even 12 inch mixes are of no interest to me. Ditto demos.

Scott's choices are interesting (way more so than his odd interest in Altered Images), but I don't know if I am going there. Love SPK, but I have all their stuff.
Last edited by Barmy on Wed May 23, 2018 9:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Barmy
The Jet Set
 
Posts: 683
Joined: Thu Sep 08, 2005 1:24 am
Location:

Re: Coming soon from Rubellan Remasters

Postby moni » Wed May 23, 2018 12:03 am

Those Cocteau Twins remasters are horrendous :(
moni
Room at the Top
 
Posts: 1283
Joined: Thu Apr 19, 2007 11:42 am
Location: Scotland

Previous

Return to News, Reissues & Compilations

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: omar and 8 guests