Site Announcements

View the results of the New Wave Outpost 20th Anniversary Top Songs Poll here:
http://www.nwoutpost.com/poll/results

Coming Soon: Top Albums Poll. Stay tuned!

Welcome to the new forum!
If you are a previously registered user, you must do the following:

1) Click on 'I forgot my password' at the login prompt
2) Enter your username and email you registered with and submit
3) You will receive an email with an activation link. Please click it and then log in using the random password provided
4) Go to your User Control Panel and click on the Profile tab
5) Click on 'Edit Account Settings' and enter your new password twice followed by the random password provided earlier. Click Submit.
6) That's it...you're back in! You may have to log in again with your new password.

If you forgot your email address, please email me (MikeP) at: mikepaulsen12@gmail.com

Note: you must now use bb code buttons in the Post form for embedded images, YouTube videos, etc.
For example, to post embedded YouTube videos: paste in the link (e.g., http://www.youtube.com/watch?XYZ1234567), highlight it and then click the YouTube button.

Alphaville live CD DVD Blu Ray - 200 dollars

Alphaville live CD DVD Blu Ray - 200 dollars

Postby humanracer » Sat May 19, 2018 9:43 am

Alphaville are playing two nights at the famous Whisky a Go Go venue in California where fans will meet the band and see two special concerts including the whole Forever Young album live.
The concert package cost over 400 dollars but if you can't make it, you can buy the boxset for 200 dollars.
From the Facebook page:
Alphaville @ the famous Whisky a Go Go!
You don't want to miss it?
The Box Sets are limited to only 2500 copies (less than 2000 remain
now). Anyone purchasing the Box Set by May 27th 2018 while the band is
in Los Angeles, will get a signed copy of the Box Set by the band members!
Each box set contains: Blu Ray, DVD AND CD Audio disks of the complete
concert, photo book, and shipping costs are included!

http://alphavilleusa.com/
Life’s what you make it
humanracer
The Jet Set

Re: Alphaville live CD DVD Blu Ray - 200 dollars

Postby crystal » Mon May 21, 2018 1:35 am

Boxset is now 220 US$ - you can stream both shows for a lovely 30 US$ though...
Is Jet Set Society life that expensive now? A golden feeling for their bankaccounts, perhaps imagined on an afternoon in Utopia...

Sorry, but all these hyper-super-exclusive-deluxe blabla stuff just gets on my nerves and is nothing more than a pure rip-off. And don't even get me started on these absoutely useless blu-ray AND dvd with identical content packages.
crystal
Personal Jesus

Postby postpunkmonk » Mon May 21, 2018 6:34 am

The 8xCD box set ["Dreamscapes"] of nearly 20 years ago was not bad for the initial price. I never bought it because I was broke at the time, but I've lived without it thus far. This, on the other hand, seems like money spinning. I get it. No one sells any records now, so the records that are sold now cost 50x normal price. It doesn't mean that I have to like it. I'm glad I am just a casual fan of this band.
https://postpunkmonk.com
For further rumination on the Fresh New Sound of Yesterday®
postpunkmonk
Personal Jesus

Postby negative1 » Mon May 21, 2018 9:38 am

Boxsets like these are great for super fans.

If you have the money get it, if you don't, don't bother complaining, it wasn't for you.

I've bought super deluxe boxsets from tons of groups, underworld, simple minds, kraftwerk, and an abc boxset that was about $200.

All of them were worth it to me, because I am a super fan of those bands.

If I was a huge fan of alphaville, i would get this also.

later
negative1
Room at the Top

Postby crystal » Tue May 22, 2018 12:10 am

negative1 wrote:Boxsets like these are great for super fans.
If you have the money get it, if you don't, don't bother complaining, it wasn't for you.

Top be honest, I applaud anyone who doesn't buy it, because in the end, a no-sale is the only thing to get certain people back into reality and stop this insane madness. Don't get me wrong, I don't mind those boxsets in general, but only if there is an alternative. Release just the plain blu-ray as an alternative and everything is fine.
No Black Friday record store day release in November with an additional vinyl of the shows added? Hm, would suggest 666$ as resale price, because this is what the 'super' fan really wants, who cares about such a supercheap blu-ray/dvd/cd set anyway...
crystal
Personal Jesus

Postby negative1 » Tue May 22, 2018 7:38 am

crystal wrote:
negative1 wrote:Boxsets like these are great for super fans.

Top be honest, I applaud anyone who doesn't buy it, because in the end, a no-sale is the only thing to get certain people back into reality and stop this insane madness. Don't get me wrong, I don't mind those boxsets in general, but only if there is an alternative. Release just the plain blu-ray as an alternative and everything is fine.
No Black Friday record store day release in November with an additional vinyl of the shows added? Hm, would suggest 666$ as resale price, because this is what the 'super' fan really wants, who cares about such a supercheap blu-ray/dvd/cd set anyway...

I can't wait for other bands I like to release super boxsets like these with exclusive tracks , and other items.
i don't like this groups but - rob zombie : deluxe vinyl boxset $400+ https://robzombie.com/2018/03/rob-zombi ... 2000-live/

pet shop boys have had 2 deluxe vinyl boxsets that were $2000+. for yes and electric.
duran duran has had some deluxe releases : paper gods - UKP 250 - https://thevinylfactory.com/product/paper-gods/

so, i see no reason for bands to stop putting out super releases, when there is a market for them.

i've paid $80 for a 2xlp for big country 30th anniversary release, $250 for a promo boxset from big country also, with no new music.
Also just paid $50 for a promo 12 inch from duran duran with tracks i already have. so price isn't really an issue if its something i want.

later
negative1
Room at the Top

Postby magnum » Mon May 28, 2018 11:04 am

looks too pricey
magnum
The Jet Set

Postby humanracer » Mon May 28, 2018 4:16 pm

Set list

Setlist - Day 1

Fantastic Dream
Dance With Me
Song For No One
Rendezvoyeur
Monkey In The Moon
Apollo
In The Mood
For A Million
Elegy
Flame
Danger In Your Paradise
Universal Daddy
---
Ascension Day
Euphoria
Beyond The Laughing Sky
Summer In Berlin
State Of Dreams
Red Rose
The Jet Set
Faith
Lies
Big In Japan
Lassie Come Home

Setlist Day 2

Leben Ohne Ende
Fools
Fallen Angel
To Germany With Love
Blauer Engel
Nevermore
Gravitaion Breakdown
A Hand Full of Darkness
Heaven On Earth (The Things We've Got To Do)
Welcome to the Sun
---Some words from Bernard Lloyd
Heartbreak City
I Die For You Today
Next Generation
Iron John
Summer Rain
House of Ghosts
Around the Universe
Romeos
A Victory of Love
Sounds Like a Melody