Site Announcements

View the results of the New Wave Outpost 20th Anniversary Top Songs Poll here:
http://www.nwoutpost.com/poll/results

Coming Soon: Top Albums Poll. Stay tuned!

Welcome to the new forum!
If you are a previously registered user, you must do the following:

1) Click on 'I forgot my password' at the login prompt
2) Enter your username and email you registered with and submit
3) You will receive an email with an activation link. Please click it and then log in using the random password provided
4) Go to your User Control Panel and click on the Profile tab
5) Click on 'Edit Account Settings' and enter your new password twice followed by the random password provided earlier. Click Submit.
6) That's it...you're back in! You may have to log in again with your new password.

If you forgot your email address, please email me (MikeP) at: mikepaulsen12@gmail.com

Note: you must now use bb code buttons in the Post form for embedded images, YouTube videos, etc.
For example, to post embedded YouTube videos: paste in the link (e.g., http://www.youtube.com/watch?XYZ1234567), highlight it and then click the YouTube button.

Secession , some movement at last

Secession , some movement at last

Postby thunderbird2 » Mon May 21, 2018 9:17 am

All, for those who like secession

If you go over to the official facebook page of secession it seems that a release is happening this summer of some lost Demo recordings and selected secession tracks , details are a little sketchy but this is under the control of the lead singers wife so hopefully will see the light of the day

good news
thunderbird2
Personal Jesus

Re: Secession , some movement at last

Postby swerve » Mon May 21, 2018 10:09 am

Yes... better than no activity at all. Nice to see this will benefit mental health. Hopefully his widow will be open to a deluxe multi CD issue beyond this from someone like Scott to expand and be comprehensive ensuring the mastering etc... are perfect.

This band's output deserves this kind of thorough release.

Secession and SSQ have always been the two acts for years that have topped my list.
swerve
Personal Jesus

Postby Sean » Mon May 21, 2018 3:40 pm

Awesome news!!!
I am a camera!!!
Sean
Room at the Top

Postby crichert » Mon May 21, 2018 5:20 pm

Very exciting news! LOVE Secession - will definitely be purchasing this!! :D
crichert
Room at the Top

Postby thunderbird2 » Thu May 31, 2018 6:23 am

All, I got a very nice reply from the wife of the Secession lead singer and it seems that a lot of care and attention is being put into the Secession release to honour his work , some details will be shared on the facebook page shortly so this seems like it is definitely happening
really excited about this and it has been a long time coming
thunderbird2
Personal Jesus

Postby Sean » Mon Oct 01, 2018 9:57 pm

I can't seem to find any updates on this. Thunderbird2, have you seen anything?
I am a camera!!!
Sean
Room at the Top

Postby thunderbird2 » Tue Oct 02, 2018 12:58 am

Hello Sean, yes the tracklisting is going to be announced shortly but will mainly be centred around the lost tracks that the singer did which sound very good. the only downside is that it looks like it is only going to be on vinyl , I have means to play vinyl but would have preferred CD or at least the choice . I will probably get it as this may lead on to other releases

here is the website and there are reasonably regular facebook updates

http://peterthomsonmusic.com/#HOME
thunderbird2
Personal Jesus

Postby Sean » Tue Oct 02, 2018 1:03 pm

I think we need to do what the Yazoo fans did with their recent release. Demand it on cd!!!
I am a camera!!!
Sean
Room at the Top

Postby thunderbird2 » Thu Dec 06, 2018 3:49 am

So some final movement on this and hopefully the start of some further reissues

This first release is in a very good cause but unfortunately only on vinyl at the moment but tracks sound good

1 side of demos that were created to get the deal with siren including sneakyville, Michael and Magician and the next side Is the last demos peter did before committing suicide , very much in the secession style

I would have preferred CD but if there is enough interest that might be the next step and hopefully a deluxe reissue of dark enchantment ( I am getting the vinyl version)

anyway here is the link

http://www.peterthomsonmusic.com/
thunderbird2
Personal Jesus

Postby Qbertqubes » Thu Dec 06, 2018 7:10 am

why vinyl as the first chose of format? Why not 8 Track first & then reel to reel & then DAT & then last...CD
Qbertqubes
Personal Jesus

Postby Sean » Thu Dec 06, 2018 11:14 am

I don't know why these people think vinyl is the preferred format. I really want to get this but since it's vinyl and I live overseas, it cost a lot for the shipping. They are not even giving us a WAV or MP3 download option with the vinyl. Really happy that something is happening in regards to Secession but man, this is not the preferred media choice. The cd will probably come out later and I would have to pay for this twice. :evil:
I am a camera!!!
Sean
Room at the Top

Postby Qbertqubes » Thu Dec 06, 2018 1:11 pm

I agree with Sean 100%. I need CD or at least Digital. If someone has the vinyl, please upload & I will surely buy the CD when it comes out,
Qbertqubes
Personal Jesus

Postby Thefxc2 » Fri Dec 07, 2018 8:36 am

I'm perplexed at labels that will dig into the archive and find some rare stuff but then release it only on the one format that degrades after every listen. I'm still pissed at that vinyl-only Tone Set collection from a couple years back. But I guess LPs are on the rebound commercially and CDs in decline. Still, aren't people interested in Succession the olds who still cling to their CD players?

And cost is an issue too...$25+shipping to the USA is an awful lot for demos, even if for a good cause. If it were $10-12 I might take a shot if only to demonstrate interest in a Dark Enchantment CD reissue.

I don't mean to disparage this reissue, which is a wonderful project; I'm just voicing a general frustration
Thefxc2
Take On Me

Postby BigManRestless » Wed Jan 16, 2019 1:54 am

I did give in and ordered the album on January 2nd. Not heard anything from the label despite chasing my order. Has anyone here ordered it and received their copy?
BigManRestless
The Jet Set

Postby thunderbird2 » Wed Jan 16, 2019 9:29 am

Hello there I got mine just before Xmas. Have you posted anything on their Facebook site their usually quite good at replying. Hope you get it it is really good
thunderbird2
Personal Jesus

Next

Return to News, Reissues & Compilations