Site Announcements

View the results of the New Wave Outpost 20th Anniversary Top Songs Poll here:
http://www.nwoutpost.com/poll/results

Coming Soon: Top Albums Poll. Stay tuned!

Welcome to the new forum!
If you are a previously registered user, you must do the following:

1) Click on 'I forgot my password' at the login prompt
2) Enter your username and email you registered with and submit
3) You will receive an email with an activation link. Please click it and then log in using the random password provided
4) Go to your User Control Panel and click on the Profile tab
5) Click on 'Edit Account Settings' and enter your new password twice followed by the random password provided earlier. Click Submit.
6) That's it...you're back in! You may have to log in again with your new password.

If you forgot your email address, please email me (MikeP) at: mikepaulsen12@gmail.com

Note: you must now use bb code buttons in the Post form for embedded images, YouTube videos, etc.
For example, to post embedded YouTube videos: paste in the link (e.g., http://www.youtube.com/watch?XYZ1234567), highlight it and then click the YouTube button.

The Modern Mannequins – Discography 1983-1985

The Modern Mannequins – Discography 1983-1985

Postby Danielwaver » Wed Jul 04, 2018 11:20 pm

Just released by Deanwell Global Music. I have ordered my copy and will let you know how it sounds.
Tracklist
A1 Make Believe Beach
A2 Streets Of Broken Glass
A3 Possibilities
A4 Standard Of Attention
A5 Certain Reality
B1 Forget Me Now, Forget Me Not
B2 Seasons Of The Year
B3 Song With Feelings
B4 The Story
B5 Certain Reality (Demo)
Danielwaver
The Jet Set

Re: The Modern Mannequins – Discography 1983-1985

Postby BigManRestless » Fri Jul 06, 2018 1:59 am

It's so annoying these sort of things only come out on vinyl. I'd snap up a CD version.
BigManRestless
The Jet Set

Postby Passing_Stranger » Fri Jul 06, 2018 4:43 pm

Great band with fantastic singles. "Streets of Broken Glass" and "Seasons of the Year" are perfect synth songs. Look forward to this release!
Passing_Stranger
Room at the Top

Postby Deanwell Thomas » Wed Jul 11, 2018 11:55 am

The demand just isn't there for me to do a CD run of this, but if its any consolation it will be available on all the major digital sites (itunes, Spotify, Google, etc..) in the next couple weeks.

-Thomas
Deanwell Thomas
Running Up That Hill

Postby Barmy » Thu Jul 26, 2018 10:24 pm

If it isn't on youtube or equivalent I'm not listening to digital.
Barmy
The Jet Set

Postby crystal » Fri Jul 27, 2018 5:58 am

Deanwell Thomas wrote:The demand just isn't there for me to do a CD run of this, but if its any consolation it will be available on all the major digital sites (itunes, Spotify, Google, etc..) in the next couple weeks.

-Thomas

sad to read this + quite surprising... CDs are so much cheaper to manifacture + to distribute (not to mention way more environmentfriendly).
I can't believe that everyone is just asking for a vinyl release, as you can read in multiple threads here, there is still demand for CDs.
Last edited by crystal on Sun Jul 29, 2018 12:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
crystal
Personal Jesus

Postby Rubellan » Fri Jul 27, 2018 9:04 am

crystal wrote:
Deanwell Thomas wrote:The demand just isn't there for me to do a CD run of this, but if its any consolation it will be available on all the major digital sites (itunes, Spotify, Google, etc..) in the next couple weeks.

-Thomas

sad to read this + quite surprising... CDs are so much cheaper to manifacture + to distribute (not to mention way more environmentfriendly).
I can't believe that everyone is just asking for a vinyl release, as you can read in multiple threads here, there is still demand for a CDs.

It is a ridiculous claim. I've seen so many people online complaining about there being no CD release for that upcoming Yazoo collection. I think people assume CD is dead because of the decline, but people of our generation do often still prefer a CD counterpart. Vinyl is a novelty for me, it's fun and nostalgic but I'm not one of those that find charm in surface noises and distortions. I want clear, clean sound on CD, and not a compressed download either. But let them alienate the market by discriminating against the superior format. It will come around again at some point, it always does. At this point, it all feels like there's a grand scheme to destroy the CD. I hope it fails.
Scott @ Rubellan Remasters
www.rubellanremasters.com
Rubellan
Room at the Top

Postby schwenko » Fri Jul 27, 2018 11:28 am

Rubellan wrote:
crystal wrote:

-Thomas

I can't believe that everyone is just asking for a vinyl release, as you can read in multiple threads here, there is still demand for a CDs.

It is a ridiculous claim. I've seen so many people online complaining about there being no CD release for that upcoming Yazoo collection. I think people assume CD is dead because of the decline, but people of our generation do often still prefer a CD counterpart. Vinyl is a novelty for me, it's fun and nostalgic but I'm not one of those that find charm in surface noises and distortions. I want clear, clean sound on CD, and not a compressed download either. But let them alienate the market by discriminating against the superior format. It will come around again at some point, it always does. At this point, it all feels like there's a grand scheme to destroy the CD. I hope it fails.

couldn't agree more!
Sugoi !!!
schwenko
Room at the Top

Postby Danielwaver » Fri Jul 27, 2018 11:20 pm

This is a must have. The quality is ok but the cover and the sleeve are both fantastic. I prefer to have unreleased music on any format than someone re-issuing a music that's already on CD.
Danielwaver
The Jet Set

Postby schwenko » Sat Jul 28, 2018 11:07 am

Danielwaver wrote:This is a must have. The quality is ok but the cover and the sleeve are both fantastic. I prefer to have unreleased music on any format than someone re-issuing a music that's already on CD.

is this already on cd then?
Sugoi !!!
schwenko
Room at the Top

Postby Danielwaver » Sat Jul 28, 2018 11:37 am

schwenko wrote:
Danielwaver wrote:This is a must have. The quality is ok but the cover and the sleeve are both fantastic. I prefer to have unreleased music on any format than someone re-issuing a music that's already on CD.

is this already on cd then?

"I prefer to have unreleased music on any format"

Did you lose your ability to read? The dude who made this happen preferred to release it as vinyl. Scott could have done it maybe but he was likely busy re-issuing some 60's junk. :lol:
Danielwaver
The Jet Set

Return to News, Reissues & Compilations