Site Announcements

View the results of the New Wave Outpost 20th Anniversary Top Songs Poll here:
http://www.nwoutpost.com/poll/results

Coming Soon: Top Albums Poll. Stay tuned!

Welcome to the new forum!
If you are a previously registered user, you must do the following:

1) Click on 'I forgot my password' at the login prompt
2) Enter your username and email you registered with and submit
3) You will receive an email with an activation link. Please click it and then log in using the random password provided
4) Go to your User Control Panel and click on the Profile tab
5) Click on 'Edit Account Settings' and enter your new password twice followed by the random password provided earlier. Click Submit.
6) That's it...you're back in! You may have to log in again with your new password.

If you forgot your email address, please email me (MikeP) at: mikepaulsen12@gmail.com

Note: you must now use bb code buttons in the Post form for embedded images, YouTube videos, etc.
For example, to post embedded YouTube videos: paste in the link (e.g., http://www.youtube.com/watch?XYZ1234567), highlight it and then click the YouTube button.

Ultravox "Extended - The 12" Remix Collection"

Re: Ultravox "Extended - The 12" Remix Collection"

Postby Gary Russell » Wed Nov 21, 2018 6:07 am

ZippY wrote:If you look at it chronologically (which I think the intention was), it seems weird to me now that Serenade is placed on the 2nd disc, while it belongs on the first (track 4). After all, it is the Quartet-period.

I assume it, like the OSD mix, is placed on side two because if they're playing by strict chronological release only, that's when it came out - as a freebie with the Greatest Hits album that LGA was released to support.
Gary Russell
Take On Me

Postby postpunkmonk » Wed Nov 21, 2018 8:35 am

Gary Russell wrote:
ZippY wrote:If you look at it chronologically (which I think the intention was), it seems weird to me now that Serenade is placed on the 2nd disc, while it belongs on the first (track 4). After all, it is the Quartet-period.

I assume it, like the OSD mix, is placed on side two because if they're playing by strict chronological release only, that's when it came out - as a freebie with the Greatest Hits album that LGA was released to support.

Yep. That one only filtered out at the end of 1984 with the initial UK/OZ 2xLP release of "The Collection."
https://postpunkmonk.com
For further rumination on the Fresh New Sound of Yesterday®
postpunkmonk
Personal Jesus

Postby ZippY » Wed Nov 21, 2018 10:05 am

postpunkmonk wrote:
Gary Russell wrote:

Yep. That one only filtered out at the end of 1984 with the initial UK/OZ 2xLP release of "The Collection."

I looked it up at Discogs, both of you, thanks anyway :)
ZippY
Personal Jesus

Postby discoginfo » Sat Nov 24, 2018 3:24 am

This goes for both Serenade (Special Re-Mix) & One Small Day (Final Mix) ---- New (mid-late 1984) Remixes or previously unreleased mixes? (1982 resp. late 1983)
http://www.discog.info/ultravox-discog2.html
discoginfo
Room at the Top

Previous

Return to News, Reissues & Compilations