Site Announcements

View the results of the New Wave Outpost 20th Anniversary Top Songs Poll here:
http://www.nwoutpost.com/poll/results

Coming Soon: Top Albums Poll. Stay tuned!

Welcome to the new forum!
If you are a previously registered user, you must do the following:

1) Click on 'I forgot my password' at the login prompt
2) Enter your username and email you registered with and submit
3) You will receive an email with an activation link. Please click it and then log in using the random password provided
4) Go to your User Control Panel and click on the Profile tab
5) Click on 'Edit Account Settings' and enter your new password twice followed by the random password provided earlier. Click Submit.
6) That's it...you're back in! You may have to log in again with your new password.

If you forgot your email address, please email me (MikeP) at: mikepaulsen12@gmail.com

Note: you must now use bb code buttons in the Post form for embedded images, YouTube videos, etc.
For example, to post embedded YouTube videos: paste in the link (e.g., http://www.youtube.com/watch?XYZ1234567), highlight it and then click the YouTube button.

Red Flag: Naive Art 2CD/LP reissue

Re: Red Flag: Naive Art 2CD/LP reissue

Postby Sean » Mon Mar 09, 2020 12:34 pm

RED FLAG
Naive Art

Pylon Records
Available in White, Black, and Red
2LP Set
Release Date:March 9,2020

Track Listing:

SIDE A
If I Ever
Pretty In Pity
Russian Radio
Give Me Your Hand

SIDE B
All Roads Lead To You
Count To Three
Save Me Tonight
Broken Heart
SIDE C
I Don’t Know Why
Rain
Fur Michelle
Black Rose – Bonus Track

SIDE D
Russian Radio (Glasnost Club Mix)
If I Ever (Dance Mix)
Russian Radio (Tremont & Webster Mix)

RED FLAG
Naive Art

Pylon Records
2 CD Set
Release Date: April 30, 2020

Track Listing:

CD 1
If I Ever
Pretty In Pity
Russian Radio
Give Me Your Hand
All Roads Lead To You
Count To Three
Save Me Tonight
Broken Heart
I Don’t Know Why
Rain
Fur Michelle
Broken Heart (Radio Edit)
Control – Bonus Track
Black Rose – Bonus Track
Lovers Unite – Bonus Track
Rain (Remix) – Bonus Track

CD 2
Russian Radio (Glasnost Club Mix)
Broken Heart (UK Remix)
If I Ever (Dance Mix)
Count To Three (Razormaid Remix)
Give Me Your Hand (Razormadi Remix)
Broken Heart (Extended Remix)
Russian Radio (Razormaid Dub)
Count To Three (House Mix)
If I Ever (The 1000 Years Mix)
Russian Radio (Tremont & Webster Mix)
Pretty In Pity (Painless Mix)
Broken Heart (Remix)
Russian Radio (Radio Moscow Edit)
I am a camera!!!
Sean
Room at the Top

Postby crichert » Tue Mar 10, 2020 3:47 pm

Awesome!!!!
crichert
Room at the Top

Postby Glenn » Sat Mar 14, 2020 9:26 am

Great to see this is finally being released!
Glenn
Take On Me

Postby Fred Taghon » Sat Mar 14, 2020 2:49 pm

Curious if the main album tracks will be the longer CD versions like the original 1989 Enigma release or the shorter vinyl LP versions. I also notice they removed the one remix of "All Roads Lead To You" that was originally part of the reissue track listing. Bummer. Everything else is already available on CD. Would have liked to have seen the vinyl-only "All Roads Lead To You" mixes and the vinyl-only mixes of "Count To Three".
Fred Taghon
The Jet Set

Postby negative1 » Sat Mar 14, 2020 3:10 pm

Fred Taghon wrote:Curious if the main album tracks will be the longer CD versions like the original 1989 Enigma release or the shorter vinyl LP versions. I also notice they removed the one remix of "All Roads Lead To You" that was originally part of the reissue track listing. Bummer. Everything else is already available on CD. Would have liked to have seen the vinyl-only "All Roads Lead To You" mixes and the vinyl-only mixes of "Count To Three".

wow, never knew the LP version had edits of the songs.

now i have to hunt those down.

later
negative1
Room at the Top

Postby Fred Taghon » Sat Mar 14, 2020 9:28 pm

negative1 wrote:
Fred Taghon wrote:Curious if the main album tracks will be the longer CD versions like the original 1989 Enigma release or the shorter vinyl LP versions. I also notice they removed the one remix of "All Roads Lead To You" that was originally part of the reissue track listing. Bummer. Everything else is already available on CD. Would have liked to have seen the vinyl-only "All Roads Lead To You" mixes and the vinyl-only mixes of "Count To Three".

later

I have the enigma lp and the enigma cd. Count To Three, Broken Heart and Fur Michelle are the only tracks which appear in the same versions on both formats. The rest are either edits or mildly different mixes entirely. A few years ago I tried to duplicate the lp versions by editing the cd tracks and I think I was ony able to do one track so I abandoned it altogether. I do believe the lp version of If I Ever appeared on a Enigma Sound And Vision compilation back in 1989, but I think the other lp versions have yet to be served up on cd.
Last edited by Fred Taghon on Sun Mar 15, 2020 5:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fred Taghon
The Jet Set

Postby negative1 » Sat Mar 14, 2020 9:46 pm

Fred Taghon wrote:
negative1 wrote:

later

I have the enigma lp and the enigma cd. Count To Three, Broken Heart and Fur Michelle are the only tracks which appear in the same versions on both formats. The rest are either edits or mildly different mixes entirely. A few years ago I tried to duplicate the lp versions by editing the cd tracks and I think I was ony able to do one track so I abandoned it altogether. I do believe the lp version of If I Ever appeared on a Rykodisc Sound And Vision compilation back in 1989, but I think the other lp versions have yet to be served up on cd.

well, the special edition used all the album edits except tracks 3/4.
https://www.discogs.com/Red-Flag-Na%C3% ... ase/233537

3 Russian Radio 6:12
4 Give Me Your Hand 5:06

later
negative1
Room at the Top

Postby Fred Taghon » Sun Mar 15, 2020 12:01 pm

[/quote]
I have the enigma lp and the enigma cd. Count To Three, Broken Heart and Fur Michelle are the only tracks which appear in the same versions on both formats. The rest are either edits or mildly different mixes entirely. A few years ago I tried to duplicate the lp versions by editing the cd tracks and I think I was ony able to do one track so I abandoned it altogether. I do believe the lp version of If I Ever appeared on a Rykodisc Sound And Vision compilation back in 1989, but I think the other lp versions have yet to be served up on cd.[/quote]

well, the special edition used all the album edits except tracks 3/4.
https://www.discogs.com/Red-Flag-Na%C3% ... ase/233537

3 Russian Radio 6:12
4 Give Me Your Hand 5:06

later
-1[/quote]
I've listened to audio samples of the Special Edition and it sounds absolutely dreadful! Most of the tracks sound like they're being played with a pillow on top of the speakers. The EQ is all over the place. And some tracks sound like they may actually be vinyl transfers to me.
Fred Taghon
The Jet Set

Postby discoginfo » Sun Mar 15, 2020 1:46 pm

My "special edition" CD (2001) (72983-2) has the longer versions, not shorter. Strange.....
discoginfo
Room at the Top

Postby Thefxc2 » Sun Mar 15, 2020 3:21 pm

Awful that the 'All Roads' remix isn't on this one; since that was one of the few tracks that wasn't available on CD on Naive Art or Naive Dance it was one I was most looking forward to. There are still a couple of mixes I don't have on CD, but the only track I absolutely need on CD is 'Control'. So I'll probably pass.

I've wondered about that 2001 'special edition' of Naive Art. Even though it came out on Restless it feels like a bootleg. And I'm pretty sure the two added bonus tracks, 'Black Rose' and 'Lovers Unite'* were recorded in the late 90s; the remixes are certainly later. It came out at a time when Red Flag were pretty active; I wonder if it was something they were going to release on their own until Restless jumped in.

*both of these are on the Pylon comp, so I could be wrong about them, but if I'm not it's another waste of space on this reissue. What a disappointment.
Thefxc2
Take On Me

Postby Glenn » Mon Mar 16, 2020 5:34 pm

The sound on that older 2001 'special edition' is really bad. I am not usually that picky about remastering etc. but it was really poor.
Glenn
Take On Me

Postby discoginfo » Tue Mar 17, 2020 1:32 am

Again, not only does my "special edition" CD (2001) (72983-2) has the longer versions, not shorter, it also has good sound, pounding bass, etc.
Maybe my special edition is a special special edition? Discogs lists several of these, but mine is not listed (with longer versions).
discoginfo
Room at the Top

Postby Sean » Thu Mar 19, 2020 11:44 pm

I suggested this to them but it didn't happen. The vinyl LP shorter versions are so much better in my opinion.
I am a camera!!!
Sean
Room at the Top

Postby Glenn » Mon Apr 27, 2020 3:18 pm

Checked in with Pylon Records over the weekend and it looks like the CD release is going to be delayed again. Vinyl is available to order on their site.
Glenn
Take On Me

Postby Glenn » Tue Jun 02, 2020 12:07 pm

Received an update from Pylon Records and the 2 CD is now in stock to order

http://www.pylonrecords.com/DetailRedflagCD.html
Glenn
Take On Me

PreviousNext

Return to News, Reissues & Compilations