Site Announcements

View the results of the New Wave Outpost 20th Anniversary Top Songs Poll here:
http://www.nwoutpost.com/poll/results

Coming Soon: Top Albums Poll. Stay tuned!

Welcome to the new forum!
If you are a previously registered user, you must do the following:

1) Click on 'I forgot my password' at the login prompt
2) Enter your username and email you registered with and submit
3) You will receive an email with an activation link. Please click it and then log in using the random password provided
4) Go to your User Control Panel and click on the Profile tab
5) Click on 'Edit Account Settings' and enter your new password twice followed by the random password provided earlier. Click Submit.
6) That's it...you're back in! You may have to log in again with your new password.

If you forgot your email address, please email me (MikeP) at: mikepaulsen12@gmail.com

Note: you must now use bb code buttons in the Post form for embedded images, YouTube videos, etc.
For example, to post embedded YouTube videos: paste in the link (e.g., http://www.youtube.com/watch?XYZ1234567), highlight it and then click the YouTube button.

New Order - Movement Super Deluxe Edition Boxset

Re: New Order - Movement Super Deluxe Edition Boxset

Postby obs » Mon Dec 24, 2018 4:03 am

BigManRestless wrote:Maybe they can stick the video content in the vinyl box on a VHS tape?

I've been saying that they should bring back laserdiscs for just that reason!
obs
Room at the Top

Postby negative1 » Tue Dec 25, 2018 4:58 pm

Barmy wrote:The new approach to anniversary reissues is demos and live material. They HAVE to keep on finding stuff. When is the next anniversary. I'm sure more detritus will be unearthed.

When will people say "I don't care"?

My repeated mantra is, there are tons of released and unreleased 70s/80s bands out there. New Order demos? Arrogant, superfluous and pathetic.

at least they don't have the remixes, and edits that you hate so much.
well, except for this:
Temptation (Alternative 7”)

later
negative1
Room at the Top

Postby obs » Sun Dec 30, 2018 4:37 am

Hey, New Order has to keep reissuing stuff because Hooky's the only one who has steady income, from touring regularly :D .
obs
Room at the Top

Postby MissingPersons » Mon Jan 07, 2019 11:51 am

I would rather see a double CD edition of Republic (25 years have passed since its release and still expecting some Anniversary Edition). It's the only one album released before their first break up in mid 90s which doesn't have a reissue. It's heavily overlooked, and I believe it deserves a reissue.
MissingPersons
Take On Me

Postby Thefxc2 » Mon Jan 07, 2019 1:15 pm

MissingPersons wrote:I would rather see a double CD edition of Republic (25 years have passed since its release and still expecting some Anniversary Edition). It's the only one album released before their first break up in mid 90s which doesn't have a reissue. It's heavily overlooked, and I believe it deserves a reissue.

I dunno, you can find a copy of Republic for 3 bucks at any place that still sells used CDs and there weren't any great B-sides (and only a handful of good remixes) from the period, so I can't imagine a 2CD version would be worth it.
Thefxc2
Take On Me

Postby MissingPersons » Mon Jan 07, 2019 1:23 pm

Thefxc2 wrote:
MissingPersons wrote:I would rather see a double CD edition of Republic (25 years have passed since its release and still expecting some Anniversary Edition). It's the only one album released before their first break up in mid 90s which doesn't have a reissue. It's heavily overlooked, and I believe it deserves a reissue.

I dunno, you can find a copy of Republic for 3 bucks at any place that still sells used CDs and there weren't any great B-sides (and only a handful of good remixes) from the period, so I can't imagine a 2CD version would be worth it.

There are many remixes released around the same period (see The Rest of New Order CD), and most notably the song "1963" when it was released as a single in 1995. So why not? If I recall correctly Hook really disliked this album, so now that he's not part of the band anymore...I don't see why not?
MissingPersons
Take On Me

Postby ZippY » Tue Jan 08, 2019 4:26 am

MissingPersons wrote:
Thefxc2 wrote:

There are many remixes released around the same period (see The Rest of New Order CD), and most notably the song "1963" when it was released as a single in 1995. So why not? If I recall correctly Hook really disliked this album, so now that he's not part of the band anymore...I don't see why not?

Hooky disliked the album mostly because his bass was merely absent for most of the tracks. Only Regret, Chemical and Special were the only tracks where you could hear the old New Order.

If there will ever be a complete reissue of this album with it's remixes and other bonus tracks, it needs 3 CD's to do it properly. I don't think that's very likely. I'm glad that I have them all on CD singles etc.
ZippY
Personal Jesus

Postby postpunkmonk » Tue Jan 08, 2019 6:19 am

I just bought the "Regret" single and felt that it was so watered down, I never bothered with the album. New Order stopped right there for me. Actually, they stopped with their football song. I never bought that thing! Over time I have simply stopped listening much at all to New Order. I'd spring for a 4xCD version of "Substance" with the all the mixes through "Technique" in correct versions/lengths of the songs and maybe then the [inferior] new versions as further additions.
https://postpunkmonk.com
For further rumination on the Fresh New Sound of Yesterday®
postpunkmonk
Personal Jesus

Postby negative1 » Thu Jan 17, 2019 4:19 pm

Here's some of the sleeves and pictures:

later
negative1
Room at the Top

Postby schwenko » Mon Mar 18, 2019 2:24 pm

any recent thoughts on where to buy this (cheapest price)?

of course in time a used copy will be xheapest.
Sugoi !!!
schwenko
Room at the Top

Postby negative1 » Fri Apr 05, 2019 5:07 pm

just checking out the demos, they're pretty good so far.

the quality seems to be ok. haven't noticed any errors in songs yet.

later
negative1
Room at the Top

Postby obs » Sun Apr 07, 2019 3:31 pm

They should have tossed a bone to the US fans by including the white artwork somewhere.

Barmy wrote:When will people say "I don't care"?

When they sing "True Faith" :mrgreen: .
obs
Room at the Top

Previous

Return to News, Reissues & Compilations