Site Announcements

View the results of the New Wave Outpost 20th Anniversary Top Songs Poll here:
http://www.nwoutpost.com/poll/results

Coming Soon: Top Albums Poll. Stay tuned!

Welcome to the new forum!
If you are a previously registered user, you must do the following:

1) Click on 'I forgot my password' at the login prompt
2) Enter your username and email you registered with and submit
3) You will receive an email with an activation link. Please click it and then log in using the random password provided
4) Go to your User Control Panel and click on the Profile tab
5) Click on 'Edit Account Settings' and enter your new password twice followed by the random password provided earlier. Click Submit.
6) That's it...you're back in! You may have to log in again with your new password.

If you forgot your email address, please email me (MikeP) at: mikepaulsen12@gmail.com

Note: you must now use bb code buttons in the Post form for embedded images, YouTube videos, etc.
For example, to post embedded YouTube videos: paste in the link (e.g., http://www.youtube.com/watch?XYZ1234567), highlight it and then click the YouTube button.

New Order - Movement Super Deluxe Edition Boxset

New Order - Movement Super Deluxe Edition Boxset

Postby negative1 » Thu Dec 20, 2018 10:05 am

Coming out next year:
http://www.superdeluxeedition.com/news/ ... t-box-set/

Pricey though,,. but still worth it to me:

Four-disc box set (LP+2CD+DVD) coming in 2019

In April next year, New Order will issue a super deluxe box set edition of their debut album Movement.

The remaining members of Joy Division decided to carry on recording under the name of New Order and the band’s debut album (recorded in late spring 1981 with producer Martin Hannett) was released in November of that same year on Factory Records.

The Movement box set features the original album on vinyl LP with its original iconic sleeve designed by Peter Saville, the album on CD (in replica mini-LP sleeve) and a bonus CD of previously unreleased tracks. If we trust the listing on Amazon, the audio is the 2015 remaster. The last disc in this four-disc package is a DVD with live shows and TV appeances (all the details below in the track listing).

LP & CD1 (original album)

Dreams Never End
Truth
Senses
Chosen Time
ICB
The Him
Doubts Even Here
Denial
CD2 (previously unreleased tracks)

Dreams Never End (Western Works Demo)
Homage (Western Works Demo)
Ceremony (Western Works Demo)
Truth (Western Works Demo)
Are You Ready For This? (Western Works Demo)
The Him (Cargo Demo)
Senses (Cargo Demo)
Truth (Cargo Demo)
Dreams Never End (Cargo Demo)
Mesh (Cargo Demo)
ICB (Cargo Demo)
Procession (Cargo Demo)
Cries And Whispers (Cargo Demo)
Doubts Even Here (Instrumental) (Cargo Demo)
Ceremony (1st Mix – Ceremony Sessions)
Temptation (Alternative 7”)
Procession (Rehearsal Recording)
Chosen Time (Rehearsal Recording)
New Order – Movement DVD

Live Shows
Hurrah’s, NY 1980
In A Lonely Place
Procession
Dreams Never End
Mesh
Truth
Cries & Whispers
Denial
Ceremony

Recorded on 27th September, 1980.
Produced, directed and filmed by Merrill Aldighieri

Peppermint Lounge, NY 1981
In A Lonely Place
Dreams Never End
Chosen Time
ICB
Senses
Denial
Everything’s Gone Green
Hurt – instrumental
Temptation

TV Sessions
Granada Studios 1981
Doubts Even Here
The Him
Procession
Senses
Denial

BBC Riverside 1982
Temptation
Chosen Time
Procession
Hurt – instrumental
Senses
Denial
In A Lonely Place

Extras
Ceremony CoManCHE Student Union 1981
In A Lonely Place Toronto 1981
Temptation Soul Kitchen, Newcastle 1982
Hurt Le Palace, Paris 1982
Procession Le Palace, Paris 1982
Chosen Time Pennies 1982
Truth The Haçienda 1983
ICB Minneapolis 1983

12” Singles [will be issued separately]

Ceremony (version 1)
Recorded at Eastern Artists Recordings in East Orange, New Jersey, during the US visit the previous September, New Order’s first single might, in an alternative universe, have been Joy Division’s next. The 12” single, originally released in March 1981 (the 7” having been released in January) including the original version of ‘Ceremony’, will feature remastered audio on heavyweight vinyl.

Side 1
Ceremony (version 1)
Side 2
In A Lonely Place

Ceremony (version 2)
The alternative, re-recorded version of ‘Ceremony’ now also featuring Gillian Gilbert in the band was released later in 1981 and will feature the later alternative ‘cream’ sleeve rather than the original green and copper. This 12” will feature remastered audio on heavyweight vinyl.

Side 1
Ceremony (version 2)
Side 2
In A Lonely Place

Everythings Gone Green
Originally released on Factory Benelux in December 1981, this 12” featured Everythings Gone Green, which had previously been on the reverse of the band’s second 7” single ‘Procession’ in September 1981,and ‘Cries And Whispers’ and ‘Mesh’ whose titles were flipped on the cover causing confusion amongst fans and compilers ever since. This 12” will feature remastered audio on heavyweight vinyl.

Side 1
Everythings Gone Green
Side 2
Cries And Whispers
Mesh

Temptation
Featuring the full versions of both tracks this 12” was first release in May 1982 and were the first self-produced released recordings. With ‘Temptation’ being a cast iron New Order classic, this is an essential part of any New Order collection. This 12” will feature remastered audio on heavyweight vinyl.

Side 1
Temptation
Side 2
Hurt

later
negative1
Room at the Top

Re: New Order - Movement Super Deluxe Edition Boxset

Postby postpunkmonk » Thu Dec 20, 2018 11:51 am

Yow! Their website didn't have any price info. I figured this would be one of those End Times three-figure boxes and I wasn't wrong! There's no way I'm springing for this!! What I would like is a remaster of the 2008 2xCD with all of the right and necessary single tracks that is not brickwalled to death. Until then, I can't be bothered. Or better still, a 4xCD version of "Substance" that was definitive with no re-recorded versions unless they fit on the end of disc 4!
https://postpunkmonk.com
For further rumination on the Fresh New Sound of Yesterday®
postpunkmonk
Personal Jesus

Postby ZippY » Thu Dec 20, 2018 12:42 pm

postpunkmonk wrote:Yow! Their website didn't have any price info. I figured this would be one of those End Times three-figure boxes and I wasn't wrong! There's no way I'm springing for this!! What I would like is a remaster of the 2008 2xCD with all of the right and necessary single tracks that is not brickwalled to death. Until then, I can't be bothered. Or better still, a 4xCD version of "Substance" that was definitive with no re-recorded versions unless they fit on the end of disc 4!

I agree wholeheartedly.

New Order have rarely gotten anything right when it comes to compiling their catalog.

A Super Deluxe edition of any album should include *all* of the associated singles first, and then demos, etc.
I like CD's, don't buy vinyl anymore. Leave the vinyl choice for lovers of that format and do the same for CD buyers. Is that so hard to understand?! I see no advantage to forcing mixed-media box sets (like the HoJo sets). Do a box set that is CD only, a box set that is vinyl only. Simple as that. Think David Bowie.

I would like to have the Western Works and the Cargo stuff, but more as a second extra CD. First of all: release the 2nd disc that went with the 2008 (2009) "remasters" (they included all the 12″es & b-sides), then the rest. How can they decide to do a Super Deluxe box and not release the singles from this era on CD?!

The albums have been remastered in 2015 but download only. So last time it was for CD was in 2008 (remember that botched job?! anyone?!).

The pricing is ridiculous too, but that's of minor interest to me.

Flabbergasted. And no, I'm not going to buy.
ZippY
Personal Jesus

Postby Thefxc2 » Thu Dec 20, 2018 2:45 pm

This is ridiculous. I'd be happy to buy another 2CD of Movement if it included the Western Works demos, but this is far too much for material that I mostly have on CD already or don't care enough about to spend a mint on. And frankly the guys at the Recycle blog did such a good job remastering NO's non-LP catalogue (including I believe the WW demos) that I'm not going to go into hock for any expensive New Order set like this.
Thefxc2
Take On Me

Postby Spudboy » Thu Dec 20, 2018 5:36 pm

For the last forty years Hooky has ALWAYS complained about Hannett's mix of the album, stating that if he had the finances he would commission a remix of the album.

Well...... now's the chance.
Still looking for my girl with auburn hair and tawny eyes...
Spudboy
Personal Jesus

Postby omar » Thu Dec 20, 2018 6:42 pm

I was never a big NO fan. I have the 2cd Singles compilation and Power Corruption & Lies in my collection. Clearly staying away from this reissue.
omar
Room at the Top

Postby schwenko » Fri Dec 21, 2018 5:31 am

I'm a huge NO fan, so I will definitely be getting one of the packages. Not interested in vinyl, just the cds and dvd.
Sugoi !!!
schwenko
Room at the Top

Postby moni » Fri Dec 21, 2018 6:07 am

schwenko wrote:I'm a huge NO fan, so I will definitely be getting one of the packages. Not interested in vinyl, just the cds and dvd.

Problem is there are no packages with just the cds and dvd. I wish vinyl would just fuck right off.
moni
Room at the Top

Postby negative1 » Fri Dec 21, 2018 11:37 pm

i buy tons of vinyl, maybe more vinyl than cd's nowadays.

in fact, i go straight to digital instead of cd's.

i buy vinyl for the artwork, and mostly if it has unreleased stuff.

if i already have it, i just throw it in the pile of things i look at once and move on.
(usually do that with cd's also).

i'm really interested in the book, the DVD, and then the demo tracks so yes, i'll be getting it.

you can always sell the vinyl if you don't want it.
later
negative1
Room at the Top

Postby moni » Sat Dec 22, 2018 2:34 am

negative1 wrote:i buy tons of vinyl, maybe more vinyl than cd's nowadays.

if i already have it, i just throw it in the pile of things i look at once and move on.

i'm really interested in the book, the DVD, and then the demo tracks so yes, i'll be getting it.

later

That's good for you so i guess you are in the minority when it comes to vinyl. Vinyl died 30 years ago and should have stayed dead and they are just using it as an excuse to bump up the prices of these box sets. Who the hell wants to get up every 20 minutes or so to turn over a stupid bit of plastic that always ends up getting scratched and jumps like hell. If people want vinyl sell it separately and let there be a choice it's not rocket science but the greed with the prices of these box sets is getting out of control.
moni
Room at the Top

Postby omar » Sat Dec 22, 2018 9:55 am

moni wrote:
negative1 wrote:i buy tons of vinyl, maybe more vinyl than cd's nowadays.

later

That's good for you so i guess you are in the minority when it comes to vinyl. Vinyl died 30 years ago and should have stayed dead and they are just using it as an excuse to bump up the prices of these box sets. Who the hell wants to get up every 20 minutes or so to turn over a stupid bit of plastic that always ends up getting scratched and jumps like hell. If people want vinyl sell it separately and let there be a choice it's not rocket science but the greed with the prices of these box sets is getting out of control.

A lot of people buy vinyl because it's cool or trendy to do so and are willing to pay twice as much. I don't hate vinyl because i have a lot of 12" singles from the day i could never part with. However my main love is cds which should never go away. Didn't Amazon or someone report last year that a lot of their sales were from cd deluxe reissues ?
omar
Room at the Top

Postby Thefxc2 » Sat Dec 22, 2018 11:44 am

Didn't Amazon or someone report last year that a lot of their sales were from cd deluxe reissues ?

I haven't seen this but I'd like to, and hope it's true.

I'm not so bothered by the vinyl revival for new music–it's pretty clear that the vinyl revival sprung up as the material counterpart to streamed audio, and that most new releases assume streaming is going to be the format most people will use. But I've never seen the point in deluxe/archival reissues on vinyl, especially from 80s/90s bands popular among the generations that grew up with CDs. Movement is not difficult to find on vinyl! And you can't tell me there are that many audiophiles that want pristine copies (most young LP-buyers today are going to play it on a Crosley with built-in speaker or something similar.) So how about LPs for new stuff, CDs for old stuff, and the twain shall never meet
Last edited by Thefxc2 on Sat Dec 22, 2018 2:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Thefxc2
Take On Me

Postby BigManRestless » Sat Dec 22, 2018 1:41 pm

Like many others I don't want the vinyl. If it's so essential to have vinyl why can't they do a vinyl only box for people who want that and a CD/DVD box for the rest of us? Maybe they can stick the video content in the vinyl box on a VHS tape?
BigManRestless
The Jet Set

Postby crystal » Sun Dec 23, 2018 3:46 am

Would have been a splendid 3xCD+DVD set...:
CD1: Movement
CD2: The 12" Singles
CD3: Demos
DVD: Live/BBC

the content on the bonus disc and on the DVD Looks absolutely amazing, but they way the box is configured now, is sadly rather a let down. The Hurrah set on the DVD is one of those things I have always wanted to see, same as the BBC stuff.
crystal
Personal Jesus

Postby Barmy » Sun Dec 23, 2018 9:47 pm

The new approach to anniversary reissues is demos and live material. They HAVE to keep on finding stuff. When is the next anniversary. I'm sure more detritus will be unearthed.

When will people say "I don't care"?

My repeated mantra is, there are tons of released and unreleased 70s/80s bands out there. New Order demos? Arrogant, superfluous and pathetic.
Barmy
The Jet Set

Next

Return to News, Reissues & Compilations