Site Announcements

View the results of the New Wave Outpost 20th Anniversary Top Songs Poll here:
http://www.nwoutpost.com/poll/results


Coming Soon: Top Albums Poll. Stay tuned!

Welcome to the new forum!
If you are a previously registered user, you must do the following:

1) Click on 'I forgot my password' at the login prompt
2) Enter your username and email you registered with and submit
3) You will receive an email with an activation link. Please click it and then log in using the random password provided
4) Go to your User Control Panel and click on the Profile tab
5) Click on 'Edit Account Settings' and enter your new password twice followed by the random password provided earlier. Click Submit.
6) That's it...you're back in! You may have to log in again with your new password.


If you forgot your email address, please email me (MikeP) at: mikepaulsen12@gmail.com

Note: you must now use bb code buttons in the Post form for embedded images, YouTube videos, etc.
For example, to post embedded YouTube videos: paste in the link (e.g., http://www.youtube.com/watch?XYZ1234567), highlight it and then click the YouTube button.

ERASURE - WILD! - 30TH ANNIVERSARY DELUXE EDITION - (2XCD HA


ERASURE - WILD! - 30TH ANNIVERSARY DELUXE EDITION - (2XCD HA

Postby negative1 » Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:56 pm

https://www.lexermusic.com/erasure-wild ... xe-edition

Image

Erasure - Wild! - 30th Anniversary Deluxe Edition - (2xCD Hardback Book Album)
Originally released in October 1989, the classic Erasure album Wild! is the band’s fourth album and their 2nd UK number one.

Featuring the four hit singles 'Drama!','You Surround Me','Blue Savannah' and 'Star' the album is re-mastered and re-issued as a deluxe 2CD version in a hard back media book format with rare images, original photography by Pierre et Gilles and brand new sleeve notes.

An exclusive bonus disc features five unreleased tracks including a brand new remix by Richard Norris (The Grid / Beyond The Wizard's Sleeve), a recently discovered unreleased mix of 'How Many Times?', rare 12" remixes by Mark Saunders, Gareth Jones and Mute supremo Daniel Miller (with Phil Legg), cover versions (including the fan favourite 'Supernature') and exclusive live tracks recorded at London Arena, Docklands in December 1989.

Click on the highlighted track listing links below for the official track videos.

A limited number of exclusive Wild! badges will be given out randomly with pre-orders.

"Erasure - Wild! - 30th Anniversary Deluxe Edition", is out Friday, 29th March 2019 and available for pre-order worldwide now.

NB: All products ordered with a pre-order will be dispatched together close to the latest pre-order release date.
If you want earlier dispatched for another product then please place separate order(s).

CD1 Track Listing

Piano Song – Instrumental
Blue Savannah
Drama!
How Many Times?
Star
La Gloria
You Surround Me
Brother and Sister
2000 Miles
Crown Of Thorns
Piano Song

CD2 Track Listing

Sweet, Sweet Baby – The Moo Moo Mix
Drama! – Richard Norris Mix (unreleased)
Blue Savannah – Mark Saunders 12" Mix
Piano Song – Live at the London Arena (unreleased)
Runaround On The Underground – Remix
How Many Times? – Alternative Mix (unreleased)
Supernature – Daniel Miller & Phil Legg Remix
Star – Soul Mix
No GDM. – Unfinished Mix
Drama! – Act 2
Brother and Sister - Live at the London Arena (unreleased)
Dreamlike State – 7" A Cappella Mix (unreleased)
You Surround Me – Gareth Jones Mix
91 Steps – 6 Pianos Mix


Format: CD Album
BarCode: 4050538374568
Catalogue Number: LCDSTUMM75
Label: BMG / Mute Records
Release Date: Friday, 29th March 2019

later
-1
negative1
Room at the Top
 
Posts: 1200
Joined: Thu Dec 26, 2013 3:51 pm
Location: USA

Re: ERASURE - WILD! - 30TH ANNIVERSARY DELUXE EDITION - (2XC

Postby crystal » Mon Jan 14, 2019 3:12 am

This is basically a joke... especially compared to previous reissues of 'The circus', 'Wonderland' or 'The innocents'. They wasted the DVD for the 'Moscow' boxset (totally out of place there) to push sales of a weak and ludicrously overpriced boxset + now come up with nothing. The so-called unreleased tracks, well, 'Piano Song' and 'Brother and sister' have been released on the 'Wild - Live at the London Arena' VHS (the one included in the above mentioned boxset as DVD).
There is tons of material out there, including pro-shot shows from the outdoor leg of the tour + what do we get? A few b-sides and remixes and that is all for an excellent and very successful Album. Was really looking forward to this release, but another missed opportunity!
crystal
Personal Jesus
 
Posts: 422
Joined: Thu Nov 18, 2004 6:59 pm
Location:

Re: ERASURE - WILD! - 30TH ANNIVERSARY DELUXE EDITION - (2XC

Postby negative1 » Tue Jan 15, 2019 10:35 pm

crystal wrote:This is basically a joke... especially compared to previous reissues of 'The circus', 'Wonderland' or 'The innocents'. They wasted the DVD for the 'Moscow' boxset (totally out of place there) to push sales of a weak and ludicrously overpriced boxset + now come up with nothing. The so-called unreleased tracks, well, 'Piano Song' and 'Brother and sister' have been released on the 'Wild - Live at the London Arena' VHS (the one included in the above mentioned boxset as DVD).
There is tons of material out there, including pro-shot shows from the outdoor leg of the tour + what do we get? A few b-sides and remixes and that is all for an excellent and very successful Album. Was really looking forward to this release, but another missed opportunity!


how are these any different from the earlier 2 disc releases. none of them were complete.
the innocents came with a DVD, but that was about it.

this is a budget release with unreleased tracks.

it will be cheap, so why not. I'm getting it.

later
-1
negative1
Room at the Top
 
Posts: 1200
Joined: Thu Dec 26, 2013 3:51 pm
Location: USA

Re: ERASURE - WILD! - 30TH ANNIVERSARY DELUXE EDITION - (2XC

Postby BigManRestless » Wed Jan 16, 2019 1:56 am

£16 is hardly a 'budget release'.
User avatar
BigManRestless
Personal Jesus
 
Posts: 488
Joined: Fri Sep 15, 2006 1:45 am
Location: United Kingdom

Re: ERASURE - WILD! - 30TH ANNIVERSARY DELUXE EDITION - (2XC

Postby moni » Wed Jan 16, 2019 2:44 am

BigManRestless wrote:£16 is hardly a 'budget release'.


It's a budget release for him as he loves his extortionate box sets :lol:
moni
Room at the Top
 
Posts: 1288
Joined: Thu Apr 19, 2007 11:42 am
Location: Scotland

Re: ERASURE - WILD! - 30TH ANNIVERSARY DELUXE EDITION - (2XC

Postby moni » Wed Jan 16, 2019 2:46 am

negative1 wrote:
crystal wrote:This is basically a joke... especially compared to previous reissues of 'The circus', 'Wonderland' or 'The innocents'. They wasted the DVD for the 'Moscow' boxset (totally out of place there) to push sales of a weak and ludicrously overpriced boxset + now come up with nothing. The so-called unreleased tracks, well, 'Piano Song' and 'Brother and sister' have been released on the 'Wild - Live at the London Arena' VHS (the one included in the above mentioned boxset as DVD).
There is tons of material out there, including pro-shot shows from the outdoor leg of the tour + what do we get? A few b-sides and remixes and that is all for an excellent and very successful Album. Was really looking forward to this release, but another missed opportunity!


how are these any different from the earlier 2 disc releases. none of them were complete.
the innocents came with a DVD, but that was about it.

this is a budget release with unreleased tracks.

it will be cheap, so why not. I'm getting it.

later
-1


The Circus and Wonderland both had DVD's.
moni
Room at the Top
 
Posts: 1288
Joined: Thu Apr 19, 2007 11:42 am
Location: Scotland

Re: ERASURE - WILD! - 30TH ANNIVERSARY DELUXE EDITION - (2XC

Postby crystal » Wed Jan 16, 2019 3:45 am

negative1 wrote:how are these any different from the earlier 2 disc releases. none of them were complete.
the innocents came with a DVD, but that was about it.
this is a budget release with unreleased tracks.


As @moni already pointed out, all 3 past reissues had bonus DVDs that were a massive selling points. The first 2 Albums at least included really rare stuff (tv appearances, live@Karlssons on DVD / radio sessions on the bonus CD).
The main point is: now they rerelease the album this way and that is it. A 2CD edition is simply not enough. But as said, it is now done this way + the chances for a better and way more appropriate reissue are gone.
crystal
Personal Jesus
 
Posts: 422
Joined: Thu Nov 18, 2004 6:59 pm
Location:

Re: ERASURE - WILD! - 30TH ANNIVERSARY DELUXE EDITION - (2XC

Postby negative1 » Wed Jan 16, 2019 9:34 am

moni wrote:
BigManRestless wrote:£16 is hardly a 'budget release'.


It's a budget release for him as he loves his extortionate box sets :lol:


I always wait until its much cheaper used.
I never pay the full price when it comes out.

its that way for everything, and there will be plenty of these available.

I don't see a problem.

and yes, the DVD's are nice, but how often do you watch them.

I listen to the music a lot more, and live tracks are ok, erasures aren't that great anyways,
I prefer the mixes.

later
-1
negative1
Room at the Top
 
Posts: 1200
Joined: Thu Dec 26, 2013 3:51 pm
Location: USA

Re: ERASURE - WILD! - 30TH ANNIVERSARY DELUXE EDITION - (2XC

Postby Sean » Wed Jan 16, 2019 2:20 pm

I actually buy these for the dvd's with tv appearances. A little bit bummed out that this one doesn't have it. Hopefully they will add it on by the time of the release.
Sean
Room at the Top
 
Posts: 3190
Joined: Tue Oct 28, 2003 8:56 am
Location:


Return to News, Reissues & Compilations

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 10 guests