Site Announcements

View the results of the New Wave Outpost 20th Anniversary Top Songs Poll here:
http://www.nwoutpost.com/poll/results

Coming Soon: Top Albums Poll. Stay tuned!

Welcome to the new forum!
If you are a previously registered user, you must do the following:

1) Click on 'I forgot my password' at the login prompt
2) Enter your username and email you registered with and submit
3) You will receive an email with an activation link. Please click it and then log in using the random password provided
4) Go to your User Control Panel and click on the Profile tab
5) Click on 'Edit Account Settings' and enter your new password twice followed by the random password provided earlier. Click Submit.
6) That's it...you're back in! You may have to log in again with your new password.

If you forgot your email address, please email me (MikeP) at: mikepaulsen12@gmail.com

Note: you must now use bb code buttons in the Post form for embedded images, YouTube videos, etc.
For example, to post embedded YouTube videos: paste in the link (e.g., http://www.youtube.com/watch?XYZ1234567), highlight it and then click the YouTube button.

Kate Bush "‘The Other Sides" 4Cd set

Kate Bush "‘The Other Sides" 4Cd set

Postby omar » Fri Feb 22, 2019 8:35 pm

This was released as part of the Remastered boxset from last year which also included Aerial, Director's Cut,50 Words For Snow and Before The Dawn. Now the 12" mixes and other rarities are being released as a separate 4cd set. Out March 9th.

12” MIXES:
Running Up That Hill (A Deal With God)
The Big Sky (Meteorological Mix)
Cloudbusting (The Orgonon Mix)
Hounds Of Love (Alternative Mix)
Experiment IV (Extended Mix)

THE OTHER SIDE 1:
Walk Straight Down The Middle
You Want Alchemy
Be Kind To My Mistakes
Lyra
Under The Ivy
Experiment IV
Ne T’Enfuis Pas
Un Baiser D’Enfant
Burning Bridge
Running Up That Hill (A Deal With God) 2012 Remix

THE OTHER SIDE 2:
Home For Christmas
One Last Look Around The House Before We Go
I’m Still Waiting
Warm And Soothing
Show A Little Devotion
Passing Through Air
Humming
Ran Tan Waltz
December Will Be Magic Again
Wuthering Heights (Remix / New Vocal from ‘The Whole Story’)

IN OTHERS’ WORDS:
Rocket Man
Sexual Healing
Mná na hÉireann
My Lagan Love
The Man I Love
Brazil (Sam Lowry’s First Dream)
The Handsome Cabin Boy
Lord Of The Reedy River
Candle In The Wind
omar
Room at the Top

Re: Kate Bush "‘The Other Sides" 4Cd set

Postby ZippY » Sat Feb 23, 2019 2:03 pm

Yesterday (and today on the new topic) I already gave my comments op the SDE site under my alias as 'Luke'.

I really hope that Kate Bush fans NOT going to buy this one! It's the only way to speak to the record company and/or the people who are responsible for compiling this crap. Let alone the disappointment of the people who bought the 2nd boxset BECAUSE of 'The Other Sides'.

Basically, what I said is that this 4-CD project has to go back to the drawing board and do it justice.
We have a Kate Bush-fanbase of over 40 years (!) (and counting...) and STILL fans are neglected in getting all of the audio they so eagerly want to have. And yes that means EVERYTHING. Every single mix, instrumental mix, 12 inch mix and B-side.

I mean, just LOOK at the first disc: 5 (!!!!!) 12 inch versions ?! ... Really ?! ... (They could have tagged them on where they belong: the Hounds of Love CD on the 1st boxset, while there was even enough space for the instrumental version of Running Up That Hill). Is that all they can come up with? And what about the empty space on the disc? It only has music for half it's capacity. Same goes for the other 3 discs, but the first one is the worst. Really quite laughable.

I'd rather keep my "This Woman's Work"-box from 1990. That one had even more.
ZippY
Personal Jesus

Postby discoginfo » Sun Feb 24, 2019 12:08 am

I'm pretty sure Kate Bush only allowed these "rare tracks" to be released.
discoginfo
Room at the Top

Postby omar » Sun Feb 24, 2019 11:12 pm

On the one hand I'm happy that this is happening as i didn't buy either of the boxsets just the first four individual albums on cd. The only thing i wanted on the second boxset was the Other Sides but wasn't willing to pay a fortune . At the same time i feel bad about the people who bought the boxsets and now feel cheated. Remember that record companies are there to make money and often feel no guilt in milking the fanbase, just look at the recent Bowie reissues for example. Agree with Zippy that there's just 5 12" mixes! What about Rubberband Girl (12"), Cloudbusting (Video Mix) , Eat The Music (12") ???
omar
Room at the Top

Return to News, Reissues & Compilations