Site Announcements

View the results of the New Wave Outpost 20th Anniversary Top Songs Poll here:
http://www.nwoutpost.com/poll/results

Coming Soon: Top Albums Poll. Stay tuned!

Welcome to the new forum!
If you are a previously registered user, you must do the following:

1) Click on 'I forgot my password' at the login prompt
2) Enter your username and email you registered with and submit
3) You will receive an email with an activation link. Please click it and then log in using the random password provided
4) Go to your User Control Panel and click on the Profile tab
5) Click on 'Edit Account Settings' and enter your new password twice followed by the random password provided earlier. Click Submit.
6) That's it...you're back in! You may have to log in again with your new password.

If you forgot your email address, please email me (MikeP) at: mikepaulsen12@gmail.com

Note: you must now use bb code buttons in the Post form for embedded images, YouTube videos, etc.
For example, to post embedded YouTube videos: paste in the link (e.g., http://www.youtube.com/watch?XYZ1234567), highlight it and then click the YouTube button.

Wang Chung - Orchestral Album and Dance Hall Days 2019

Wang Chung - Orchestral Album and Dance Hall Days 2019

Postby negative1 » Mon Mar 25, 2019 6:04 pm

so back to this, hang on, there will be a lot of activity in the upcoming months.

first up : dance hall days 2019

http://www.augustday.net/artist.php?id=380

Releases:
ADAY042: Wang Chung : Dance Hall Days

Tracks:
Wang Chung : Dance Hall Days (Orchestral Version)

Wang Chung : Dance Hall Days (Daniele Baldelli & DJ Rocca Vocal Remix)

Wang Chung : Dance Hall Days (Kim and Buran Disco Mix)

Wang Chung : Dance Hall Days (Psychmagik Remix)

Wang Chung : Dance Hall Days (Orcapella)

it's on spotify, and other streaming sites.

the orchestral album should be coming out, along with several remasters and
deluxe versions.

exciting times.

later
negative1
Room at the Top

Re: Wang Chung - Orchestral Album and Dance Hall Days 2019

Postby postpunkmonk » Tue Mar 26, 2019 6:09 am

So August Day have made their next orchestral move. With Jack's background in composition, this could be rather good and is the most logical of their moves in this area yet. Bring it on, I say. It looks like Jack Hues has a new solo album out as well; albeit in a progressive jazz mode. When it rains, it pours.
https://postpunkmonk.com
For further rumination on the Fresh New Sound of Yesterday®
postpunkmonk
Take On Me

Postby negative1 » Tue Mar 26, 2019 12:16 pm

postpunkmonk wrote:So August Day have made their next orchestral move. With Jack's background in composition, this could be rather good and is the most logical of their moves in this area yet. Bring it on, I say. It looks like Jack Hues has a new solo album out as well; albeit in a progressive jazz mode. When it rains, it pours.

there are several more orchestral projects ongoing.

also, there will be a lot of activity with planned deluxe remasters of the wang chung catalog.

keep a look out for those.

later
negative1
Room at the Top

Postby ZippY » Tue Mar 26, 2019 12:37 pm

Not interested in new interpretations of an old hit single. Maybe the orchestral versions like with AFOS.

Like to see 2CD sets of their Geffen-period (well, except for the debut album, that one was from Arista): Huang Chung, Points On The Curve, Mosaic and The Warmer Side Of Cool albums. Maybe some bonus material fits on a single disc so that 2CD versions are not necessary. Criminally overlooked.
ZippY
Take On Me

Postby negative1 » Wed Mar 27, 2019 11:20 am

ZippY wrote:Not interested in new interpretations of an old hit single. Maybe the orchestral versions like with AFOS.

Like to see 2CD sets of their Geffen-period (well, except for the debut album, that one was from Arista): Huang Chung, Points On The Curve, Mosaic and The Warmer Side Of Cool albums. Maybe some bonus material fits on a single disc so that 2CD versions are not necessary. Criminally overlooked.

to do it properly, they need to be 3cd or even 4cd sets. which is the possiblity.
but yes, most of them should be 2cd sets not one. there's too much material available.

we'll see.

later
negative1
Room at the Top

Postby ZippY » Wed Mar 27, 2019 11:43 am

negative1 wrote:
ZippY wrote:Not interested in new interpretations of an old hit single. Maybe the orchestral versions like with AFOS.

to do it properly, they need to be 3cd or even 4cd sets. which is the possiblity.
but yes, most of them should be 2cd sets not one. there's too much material available.

we'll see.

later

You mean demo & live material? Otherwise I don't know what to include for 3CD or 4CD sets.
Besides B-sides (remember the Talk Talk joke back in 1998) there's only so much 7 inch/12 inch/remixes to include isn't it? I'm not a fan of endless demos and live versions.
ZippY
Take On Me

Postby df118 » Mon Apr 01, 2019 11:29 am

The physical CD single is available to order. I also see that Rick Springfield has done a similar project. I'm hoping that groups like Go West and Living In A Box might be in the future.
df118
Take On Me

Postby negative1 » Fri May 24, 2019 9:16 am

http://www.augustday.net/

Wang Chung - Orchesography - Limited Edition 4 x CD Box Set - 2 x CD Singles & Band Signed Postcard
Wang Chung return with a brand new album. This limited edition, special box set consists of 1) The main 'Orchesography' CD album (newly recorded versions of their chart topping hits augmented with an Orchestra) 2) Vocal & Orchestra Only CD, 3) Orchestra Only versions CD, 4) A set of brand new Remixes. 5) CD Single of Dance Hall Days featuring 5 tracks. 6) CD single of Everybody Have Fun Tonight featuring 8 new tracks. Also included is a postcard personally signed by Jack and Nick.

We will ship from our New York or London office on the 20th MAY - 11 days before official release date. CDs 2,3 and 4 will NEVER be available in stores and are only available direct. CD 1, the main album is available in all stores on general release day May 31st. Phone orders US +1 (331) 684 7233 or UK +44 (0)20 3318 0912

later
negative1
Room at the Top

Postby negative1 » Fri May 31, 2019 10:47 am

Out on spotify and Deezer:

Catalog Number: ADAY050 Tracklist

01) Wang Chung - Dance Hall Days
02) Wang Chung - Let's Go
03) Wang Chung - Everybody Have Fun Tonight
04) Wang Chung - To Live And Die In LA
05) Wang Chung - Overwhelming Feeling
06) Wang Chung - Hypnotize Me
07) Wang Chung - Space Junk
08) Wang Chung - Electric Days
09) Wang Chung - The World In Which We Live
10) Wang Chung - Everybody Have Fun Tonight(Reprise)

later
negative1
Room at the Top

Return to News, Reissues & Compilations