Site Announcements

View the results of the New Wave Outpost 20th Anniversary Top Songs Poll here:
http://www.nwoutpost.com/poll/results

Coming Soon: Top Albums Poll. Stay tuned!

Welcome to the new forum!
If you are a previously registered user, you must do the following:

1) Click on 'I forgot my password' at the login prompt
2) Enter your username and email you registered with and submit
3) You will receive an email with an activation link. Please click it and then log in using the random password provided
4) Go to your User Control Panel and click on the Profile tab
5) Click on 'Edit Account Settings' and enter your new password twice followed by the random password provided earlier. Click Submit.
6) That's it...you're back in! You may have to log in again with your new password.

If you forgot your email address, please email me (MikeP) at: mikepaulsen12@gmail.com

Note: you must now use bb code buttons in the Post form for embedded images, YouTube videos, etc.
For example, to post embedded YouTube videos: paste in the link (e.g., http://www.youtube.com/watch?XYZ1234567), highlight it and then click the YouTube button.

OMD "Souvenir (2CD)" Best Of

Re: OMD "Souvenir (2CD)" Best Of

Postby obs » Fri Aug 23, 2019 5:02 am

Crush the Movie was great, but I'm not going to buy the seven disc set.
obs
Room at the Top

Postby Qbertqubes » Fri Aug 23, 2019 6:11 am

Sean wrote:The seller for me on the box set is the BBC DVD as well as the live/Crush DVD (although one of the concerts was already released on DVD). The 2cd that is released separately as well as on this box set is pretty boring for me. You would think that most OMD fans would have had everything on those 2 cd's already. If you don't have any OMD by now, you probably will never be interested in them. :D If they really wanted to do a fan release, I would release all their singles as cd singles in box set (kind of like the DM box sets) with original covers and maybe bonus tracks on each cd single. Accompany that with the 2 DVD that is included in this box set and it would be a dream come true for me.

if the 2 CD set is boring, then I am guessing you are not an OMD fan. Plus ..I cannot imagine any of the OMD fans, hardcore or not, having their 40th single. I am a hardcore fan & I do not have it. I think the seller (Music wise) would be disc 3 for most fans of OMD..it is for me.
Qbertqubes
Personal Jesus

Postby WLR » Sun Aug 25, 2019 1:30 am

As a long time OMD fan I am a bit disappointed with this career spanning set, a recording of their recent tour would have been better than the 2011 live show, good to have "Dazzle Ships" era concert, B side collection would have been a good thing to include and wht they have omitted including a 12 inch collection in the set is beyond me,, unless they have something else up their sleeve, a 10 disc set similar to Soft Cell would have been better.

A collection of Andy & Paul's favourite tracks across their career would have been interesting too.

On the plus side the 2CD set and 3 Vinyl set (I'm assuming it isn't 180gm vinyl as they have stated it is) is reasonably priced.

The new single "Don't Go" is excellent :D :D :D
WLR
The Jet Set

Postby cork » Sun Aug 25, 2019 11:29 am

The new single is pretty good.
It just reminds me how good omd are as a band.
cork
Personal Jesus

Postby Sean » Sun Aug 25, 2019 1:35 pm

Qbertqubes wrote:
Sean wrote:The seller for me on the box set is the BBC DVD as well as the live/Crush DVD (although one of the concerts was already released on DVD). The 2cd that is released separately as well as on this box set is pretty boring for me. You would think that most OMD fans would have had everything on those 2 cd's already. If you don't have any OMD by now, you probably will never be interested in them. :D If they really wanted to do a fan release, I would release all their singles as cd singles in box set (kind of like the DM box sets) with original covers and maybe bonus tracks on each cd single. Accompany that with the 2 DVD that is included in this box set and it would be a dream come true for me.

if the 2 CD set is boring, then I am guessing you are not an OMD fan. Plus ..I cannot imagine any of the OMD fans, hardcore or not, having their 40th single. I am a hardcore fan & I do not have it. I think the seller (Music wise) would be disc 3 for most fans of OMD..it is for me.

I have been an OMD fan since 1980 and own everything commercial available from them as well as a handful of promos. They already have 3 best of/greatest hits cd’s and I own those too. So yes another greatest hits 2cd is quite boring to me. No I don’t have the one new song and of course that’s the only thing I am really anticipating on the first 2cd set.
I am a camera!!!
Sean
Room at the Top

Postby xymox970 » Tue Aug 27, 2019 6:04 am

There is "Messages" (CD+DVD set) with all the singles up to 1996 apart from the very first one and so 80s presents - Blank & Jones CD with all the relevant 12" versions - good enough for me.

Both of these very up until recently sold very cheaply on amazon.
xymox970
The Jet Set

Postby Aevion93 » Tue Aug 27, 2019 6:25 am

Messages doesn't have all of the singles; rather it is basically a re-hash of the 1998 singles compilation with a few songs swapped. It misses out "Red Frame/White Light", "Never Turn Away", "La Femme Accident", "We Love You", "Shame", "Then You Turn Away", "Call My Name", "Stand Above Me", "Everyday" and "Universal", and of course doesn't include any of the post-2010 material.
Aevion93
Take On Me

Postby yipyipcoyote » Fri Aug 30, 2019 8:27 am

xymox970 wrote:There is ... so 80s presents - Blank & Jones CD with all the relevant 12" versions

Moreover, the So80s comp was severely brickwalled, though it did include the complete Talking Loud And Clear (Extended Version). To make matters worse, they messed up with the Junk Culture deluxe edition and completely left out the first 2-minute+ intro, then also managed to discard half of the 12" B-side Julia's Song (Extended Version). The complete Julia's Song 12" only surfaced later on one of the Art of the 12" comps on ZTT, but it would've been nice if it'd been done right on the 2CD JC :(
yipyipcoyote
The Jet Set

Previous

Return to News, Reissues & Compilations