Site Announcements

View the results of the New Wave Outpost 20th Anniversary Top Songs Poll here:
http://www.nwoutpost.com/poll/results

Coming Soon: Top Albums Poll. Stay tuned!

Welcome to the new forum!
If you are a previously registered user, you must do the following:

1) Click on 'I forgot my password' at the login prompt
2) Enter your username and email you registered with and submit
3) You will receive an email with an activation link. Please click it and then log in using the random password provided
4) Go to your User Control Panel and click on the Profile tab
5) Click on 'Edit Account Settings' and enter your new password twice followed by the random password provided earlier. Click Submit.
6) That's it...you're back in! You may have to log in again with your new password.

If you forgot your email address, please email me (MikeP) at: mikepaulsen12@gmail.com

Note: you must now use bb code buttons in the Post form for embedded images, YouTube videos, etc.
For example, to post embedded YouTube videos: paste in the link (e.g., http://www.youtube.com/watch?XYZ1234567), highlight it and then click the YouTube button.

Living In A Box Remasters On The Way!

Living In A Box Remasters On The Way!

Postby omar » Fri Sep 27, 2019 7:37 pm

Our friend Vinny Vero announced today on Facebook that these are definitely in the works and more details to follow soon. I think he's been working on several projects at the same time and LIAB was one of them. Fingers crossed!

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid ... dRt_7bZyRr
omar
Room at the Top

Re: Living In A Box Remasters On The Way!

Postby moni » Sat Sep 28, 2019 12:21 am

I will believe it when i see it like those Wang Chung reissues which he has been working on forever and stated would be released in October which is obviously a lie.
moni
Room at the Top

Postby Rubellan » Sat Sep 28, 2019 6:03 am

I wonder if he doesn't post about projects too soon sometimes. He mentioned an artist he had been working on reissuing for a very long time yet I've already received the initial green light from Universal on that artist. I'm not going to mention who it is at this point but if he had any sort of claim on their material, I would have been denied.
Scott @ Rubellan Remasters
www.rubellanremasters.com
Rubellan
Room at the Top

Postby omar » Sat Sep 28, 2019 6:24 pm

In my opinion there’s a 40% chance the Wang Chung stuff will be out by Xmas. I’m guessing early next year. Yes it’s frustrating when we’re encouraged or teased to hold our breaths and be reassured that it’s just around the corner. I wonder if there’s a release schedule that has to be followed by a label? Is there only a certain number of cds a label can reissue every month? some releases have priority over others? For example the much anticipated Fashion “Fabrique” has been 2 years in the making!
omar
Room at the Top

Postby audiodile » Sun Sep 29, 2019 12:34 am

Honestly I think when people commit to things and then they don't happen, others have a right to be skeptical.

If something happens that makes it impossible to meet a stated deadline or goal, I don't really see why you wouldn't just explain what the holdup is so your potential audience is aware. More information is always better when it comes to building both trust and excitement.

It's not that I think the Wang Chung reissues are never coming, but without more information why would anyone necessarily think that they were? We've already seen tons of promised reissues evaporate overnight, sometimes even AFTER they've been pressed and ready to sell!
audiodile
Take On Me

Postby moni » Sun Sep 29, 2019 1:02 am

I asked him about those Wang Chung reissues nearly two weeks ago and he has never replied despite being back online to plug this alleged new Living In A Box release. He categorically stated earlier this year that those Wang Chung Reissues would be out in October which was bullshit. Equally frustrating is waiting for that Fashion being released as well as It's Immaterial.
moni
Room at the Top

Postby negative1 » Sun Sep 29, 2019 11:48 am

I can't see the post on facebook.

Anyways, delays will always happen. It's not like there's a big demand for these artists.

I don't care if it takes a year or two, as long as it comes out eventually.

I'm a huge fan of the group, but i don't spend my time waiting around, and wondering when things come out.

As long as vinny is working on them, i'm fine with that.

later
negative1
Room at the Top

Postby omar » Sun Sep 29, 2019 1:38 pm

negative1 wrote:I can't see the post on facebook.

Anyways, delays will always happen. It's not like there's a big demand for these artists.

I don't care if it takes a year or two, as long as it comes out eventually.

I'm a huge fan of the group, but i don't spend my time waiting around, and wondering when things come out.

As long as vinny is working on them, i'm fine with that.

later

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid ... y2bJ06sbLE
omar
Room at the Top

Postby Surly » Sun Sep 29, 2019 8:29 pm

Love the first album, and the mixes of "So The Story Goes."
"Words like conviction can turn into a sentence"
Surly
The Jet Set

Return to News, Reissues & Compilations