Site Announcements

View the results of the New Wave Outpost 20th Anniversary Top Songs Poll here:
http://www.nwoutpost.com/poll/results

Coming Soon: Top Albums Poll. Stay tuned!

Welcome to the new forum!
If you are a previously registered user, you must do the following:

1) Click on 'I forgot my password' at the login prompt
2) Enter your username and email you registered with and submit
3) You will receive an email with an activation link. Please click it and then log in using the random password provided
4) Go to your User Control Panel and click on the Profile tab
5) Click on 'Edit Account Settings' and enter your new password twice followed by the random password provided earlier. Click Submit.
6) That's it...you're back in! You may have to log in again with your new password.

If you forgot your email address, please email me (MikeP) at: mikepaulsen12@gmail.com

Note: you must now use bb code buttons in the Post form for embedded images, YouTube videos, etc.
For example, to post embedded YouTube videos: paste in the link (e.g., http://www.youtube.com/watch?XYZ1234567), highlight it and then click the YouTube button.

More Visage CD reissues?

Re: More Visage CD reissues?

Postby humanracer » Thu Nov 14, 2019 6:06 am

Out of interest so you have to pay when a tape is transferred? So did you lose money on the Moon extended mix mislabelling?
Life’s what you make it
humanracer
The Jet Set

Postby Rubellan » Thu Nov 14, 2019 6:20 am

humanracer wrote:Out of interest so you have to pay when a tape is transferred? So did you lose money on the Moon extended mix mislabelling?

I can't say for sure. When you fill out the official request form for Universal, there is a spot that asks if "sources are needed". I always choose "Yes" so I can have new master transfers done. By choosing 'yes' it does impact the per unit cost I'm quoted. So my contact does some form of calculation that includes the requested master transfers in the cost. I'm assuming transfer cost may be done per track because I don't think they know how many actual tapes need to be pulled. So by swapping the mislabeled Moscow for the Night Train (Dub Mix), which I already had the master transfer for from the Dance Mix master, the cost may have balanced out.
Scott @ Rubellan Remasters
www.rubellanremasters.com
Rubellan
Room at the Top

Postby postpunkmonk » Fri Nov 15, 2019 8:54 pm

Can't wait for these. Can we just order a subscription to Rubellan Remasters? I'm already planning on giving multiple copies of The Passions' "Sanctuary" as birthday presents next year. Looks like all of my friends will also be getting the Visage discs. I understand placing "Der Amboss" in the bonus material. The LP came with an indeterminate break between tracks 6 and 8 with the side change. On a CD, sequencing makes me diverge from order of release on some of my own projects. If there are multiple mixes, it's a bit tiresome in a series.
https://postpunkmonk.com
For further rumination on the Fresh New Sound of Yesterday®
postpunkmonk
Personal Jesus

Postby BigManRestless » Sun Nov 17, 2019 5:19 am

Can't wait to order these, and have them in my collection, I haven't yet found a decent CD of The Anvil, I have no doubt this will be the definitive version.
BigManRestless
The Jet Set

Postby Rubellan » Fri Jan 17, 2020 7:47 am

Available now! (but feel free to wait to order if you are holding out for the other reissues expected next week)
The brand new 2020 Remastered and Expanded edition of the Visage album 'The Anvil' is now available for purchase on CD. You can view a first look unboxing video here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cPKIl_T01lY

Also, The very limited re-press of the Visage self titled CD is back in stock and now available for purchase. Both can be had at the online store: https://www.rubellanremasters.com/online-store

For those of you also waiting for the Visage 'Fade To Grey - Special Dance Mix Album' or the Ric Ocasek 'Beatitude' CD reissues, I am expected to have stock of both by next Friday, January 24.
Rubellan
Room at the Top

Postby ZippY » Fri Jan 17, 2020 10:34 am

Pity there are no bank transactions possible with my bank (ING). :cry:
ZippY
Personal Jesus

Postby philipp84lemke » Fri Jan 17, 2020 10:45 am

Just ordered the self Titled Visage CD together with "The Anvil" :D
philipp84lemke
Take On Me

Postby anfunny2003 » Fri Jan 17, 2020 12:07 pm

The Anvil looks great - looking forward to ordering it, but holding back for the dance mix album next week. Will probably get Ric Ocasek, too, at a later date. Most likely with another title, yet to be announced! Thank you, Scott.
anfunny2003
Personal Jesus

Postby Bellenger1981 » Tue Jan 21, 2020 8:19 pm

I got my copy in the mail today! As expected, "The Anvil" 2020 reissue from Rubellan Remasters is stunning! A perfect reissue! Thank you, Scott, for the excellent sound and killer bonus tracks! Looking forward to your next two releases as soon as you put them up for sale!
Bellenger1981
Personal Jesus

Postby omar » Tue Jan 21, 2020 8:56 pm

Just ordered my copy of the Anvil right now.
omar
Room at the Top

Postby telekon3 » Tue Jan 21, 2020 10:00 pm

I just got my copy today.
Speedy turnaround.
Thank you for remastering this recording.
The sound quality is beyond excellent.
The Artwork is great.

The Anvil is one of my all-time Top 10 - 80’s recordings.
I still remember buying it right out of the box at my local record store in 1982.
I bought the LP for the house and a cassette for the car.
Even though Fade to Grey is a classic,
I felt the ‘Visage’ album sounded like a collection of singles
and ‘The Anvil’ was more of a concept album.
Keep up the great work. Thanks again.
telekon3
Personal Jesus

Postby xymox970 » Wed Jan 22, 2020 6:14 am

Its a real shame these releases arent available to buy in Europe.

Ordering from the US with shipping costs + customs charges (for my country) is a bit too much to ask.
xymox970
The Jet Set

Postby discoginfo » Wed Jan 22, 2020 7:06 am

Last time, with the first Visage CD, it was available from Amazon UK and Germany, but only as imports, and thus there was that same problem with high postage etc.
But eventually a few sellers sold it from Europe, and voila, problem solved.
discoginfo
Room at the Top

Postby BigManRestless » Wed Jan 22, 2020 8:12 am

It is a pain the US postal charges are so high, but to my mind it's still well worth it for the quality of the product.
And those costs are beyond Rubellan's control and he's said many times before.
BigManRestless
The Jet Set

Postby Rubellan » Wed Jan 22, 2020 8:17 am

I always value packages very low to help reduce or avoid additional fees. I intended to hold these titles back from wider distribution for a little while to help recoup with direct sales, as people don't realize I only get about 50% of the sale price when sold through distribution, even less when as an import. But considering some people were selling my Visage CD before the repress for over $70, those postal shipping charges don't seem so bad by comparison.
The Visage dance mix CD and Ric Ocasek CD reissues are both delayed due to frustrating ongoing issues with production at Universal. I'm now hoping to have those officially released on January 31.
Rubellan
Room at the Top

PreviousNext

Return to News, Reissues & Compilations