Site Announcements

View the results of the New Wave Outpost 20th Anniversary Top Songs Poll here:
http://www.nwoutpost.com/poll/results

Coming Soon: Top Albums Poll. Stay tuned!

Welcome to the new forum!
If you are a previously registered user, you must do the following:

1) Click on 'I forgot my password' at the login prompt
2) Enter your username and email you registered with and submit
3) You will receive an email with an activation link. Please click it and then log in using the random password provided
4) Go to your User Control Panel and click on the Profile tab
5) Click on 'Edit Account Settings' and enter your new password twice followed by the random password provided earlier. Click Submit.
6) That's it...you're back in! You may have to log in again with your new password.

If you forgot your email address, please email me (MikeP) at: mikepaulsen12@gmail.com

Note: you must now use bb code buttons in the Post form for embedded images, YouTube videos, etc.
For example, to post embedded YouTube videos: paste in the link (e.g., http://www.youtube.com/watch?XYZ1234567), highlight it and then click the YouTube button.

Comateens reissues!

Comateens reissues!

Postby rewind » Wed Nov 06, 2019 8:24 am

http://comateens.com/

We are excited to announce the upcoming re-release of those three albums in a deluxe triple gatefold vinyl set, this fall, from Tricatel records. The Comateens are proud to be the first exhibit in Tricatel’s new “Imaginary Museum.”

These three albums were produced from 1980 to 1985, and this is the first time they will be available on vinyl since then. Each of the 34 tracks in this limited edition, has been beautifully remastered under the direction of the Comateens, and will be pressed onto premium vinyl.

Each disc has a new label design, protected by inner sleeves that feature facsimiles of the original album cover art. The reissue is packaged in a deluxe triple-gatefold with stunning cover photos from renowned rock photographer Kevin Cummins, and on the inside, a Comateens timeline collage designed by Lyn T. Byrd. An exclusive 8-page booklet featuring commentary by Laurent Chalumeau and Jean-Éric Perrin, and images that chronicle the Comateens ’80s Odyssey, is also included.

These songs were originally produced during a time of rapidly changing audio technology, and were available on; vinyl, cassette, and even 8-track, but very little of the Comateens music has ever been released digitally. This Tricatel release changes all that. Fans lucky enough to get one of these newly released rarities, will get a unique code for high quality digital downloads, so you can enjoy the Comateens wherever you are.
rewind
Room at the Top

Re: Comateens reissues!

Postby danadotcom » Thu Nov 07, 2019 6:43 am

All these vinyl reissues lately make it easy to pass.
danadotcom
Personal Jesus

Postby Qbertqubes » Thu Nov 07, 2019 6:58 am

Vinyl? Done that 30+ years ago...no problem finding Vinyl...it is CD with bonus tracks that is what most want.
Qbertqubes
Personal Jesus

Postby rewind » Thu Nov 07, 2019 7:33 am

Yeah, bummer no CD. And the bonus tracks are just a couple of demos - none of the remixes.
At least the albums will available digitally on all the usual platforms.
(The label is a French label - it's possible they licensed the albums from the original label, Virgin France, and couldn't license the remixes, which were U.S.-commissioned.)
rewind
Room at the Top

Postby postpunkmonk » Fri Nov 08, 2019 8:03 am

Agreed. I have all of the vinyl. What I don't have are the CDs! Which is why I'll have to make them myself.
https://postpunkmonk.com
For further rumination on the Fresh New Sound of Yesterday®
postpunkmonk
Personal Jesus

Return to News, Reissues & Compilations