Site Announcements

View the results of the New Wave Outpost 20th Anniversary Top Songs Poll here:
http://www.nwoutpost.com/poll/results


Coming Soon: Top Albums Poll. Stay tuned!

Welcome to the new forum!
If you are a previously registered user, you must do the following:

1) Click on 'I forgot my password' at the login prompt
2) Enter your username and email you registered with and submit
3) You will receive an email with an activation link. Please click it and then log in using the random password provided
4) Go to your User Control Panel and click on the Profile tab
5) Click on 'Edit Account Settings' and enter your new password twice followed by the random password provided earlier. Click Submit.
6) That's it...you're back in! You may have to log in again with your new password.


If you forgot your email address, please email me (MikeP) at: mikepaulsen12@gmail.com

Note: you must now use bb code buttons in the Post form for embedded images, YouTube videos, etc.
For example, to post embedded YouTube videos: paste in the link (e.g., http://www.youtube.com/watch?XYZ1234567), highlight it and then click the YouTube button.

Pet Shop Boys new album, Hotspot


Pet Shop Boys new album, Hotspot

Postby Glenn » Thu Nov 14, 2019 9:07 am

Pet Shop Boys new album, “Hotspot”, will be released January 24, 2020.

Tracklisting:
1. Will-o-the-wisp
2. You are the one
3. Happy people
4. Dreamland (featuring Years & Years)
5. Hoping for a miracle
6. I don’t wanna
7. Monkey business
8. Only the dark
9. Burning the heather
10. Wedding in Berlin

Lyric video for second single 'Burning the heather':
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FihJNvz ... e=youtu.be
Glenn
Running Up That Hill
 
Posts: 12
Joined: Sun Apr 21, 2019 9:45 am

Re: Pet Shop Boys new album, Hotspot

Postby ZippY » Fri Nov 15, 2019 11:53 am

Will see them on May 6th in Amsterdam, but, again, the bad news is that it's a Stuart Price-produced album. From what I know is that this one is the last one produced by him.
To my surprice, again, there is no mention of a Special Edition CD (think Fundamental, Yes or Elysium) like the previous two albums. I hoped for an edition that included the whole Agenda EP because that CD was only included in a book.
ZippY
Take On Me
 
Posts: 134
Joined: Thu Apr 03, 2014 8:05 am

Re: Pet Shop Boys new album, Hotspot

Postby negative1 » Sat Nov 16, 2019 6:12 pm

ZippY wrote:Will see them on May 6th in Amsterdam, but, again, the bad news is that it's a Stuart Price-produced album. From what I know is that this one is the last one produced by him.
To my surprice, again, there is no mention of a Special Edition CD (think Fundamental, Yes or Elysium) like the previous two albums. I hoped for an edition that included the whole Agenda EP because that CD was only included in a book.


why is it a surprise.

the last 2 albums didn't have a deluxe one either.
(Unless you count the vinyl boxset).

later
-1
negative1
Room at the Top
 
Posts: 1271
Joined: Thu Dec 26, 2013 3:51 pm
Location: USA

Re: Pet Shop Boys new album, Hotspot

Postby ZippY » Sun Nov 17, 2019 3:55 am

negative1 wrote:
ZippY wrote:Will see them on May 6th in Amsterdam, but, again, the bad news is that it's a Stuart Price-produced album. From what I know is that this one is the last one produced by him.
To my surprice, again, there is no mention of a Special Edition CD (think Fundamental, Yes or Elysium) like the previous two albums. I hoped for an edition that included the whole Agenda EP because that CD was only included in a book.


why is it a surprise.

the last 2 albums didn't have a deluxe one either.
(Unless you count the vinyl boxset).

later
-1


The CD format I mean. I don't know about vinyl, I only collect CDs. It was a bit of a bummer that Electric and Super don''t have a deluxe one.
ZippY
Take On Me
 
Posts: 134
Joined: Thu Apr 03, 2014 8:05 am

Re: Pet Shop Boys new album, Hotspot

Postby Qbertqubes » Mon Nov 18, 2019 7:04 am

Elysium CD did not have a deluxe edition that I know of..until the reissue. unless you are talking about that box that included the instrumental disc
Qbertqubes
Personal Jesus
 
Posts: 447
Joined: Tue Apr 26, 2005 4:01 am
Location: USA

Re: Pet Shop Boys new album, Hotspot

Postby ZippY » Mon Nov 18, 2019 7:38 am

Qbertqubes wrote:Elysium CD did not have a deluxe edition that I know of..until the reissue. unless you are talking about that box that included the instrumental disc


That's the one that I have indeed. The cardboard box with the album and the instrumental disc in 2 separate cardboard sleeves. Later that year (2012) EMI Parlophone repeated this idea with the Format 2CD release with a booklet inside (2nd B-sides compilation after the Alternative 2CD release from 1995). That was actually the last release for the PSB on that label after all those years.
ZippY
Take On Me
 
Posts: 134
Joined: Thu Apr 03, 2014 8:05 am

Re: Pet Shop Boys new album, Hotspot

Postby Glenn » Thu Nov 28, 2019 4:55 pm

CD Japan notes that the Japanese CD will have two bonus tracks but doesn't list them and states 'subject to change'. Curious what they might be. Would be nice if they were the two versions of the Burning Heather b-side, 'Decide' since it isn't being released on CD.

Digital
1. Burning the heather (radio edit)
2. Decide
3. Decide (CYA remix)

7-inch vinyl
1. Burning the heather (radio edit)
2. Decide

Japanese Hotspot album link on CD Japan:
http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/product/SICX-148
Glenn
Running Up That Hill
 
Posts: 12
Joined: Sun Apr 21, 2019 9:45 am


Return to News, Reissues & Compilations

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 10 guests