Site Announcements

View the results of the New Wave Outpost 20th Anniversary Top Songs Poll here:
http://www.nwoutpost.com/poll/results

Coming Soon: Top Albums Poll. Stay tuned!

Welcome to the new forum!
If you are a previously registered user, you must do the following:

1) Click on 'I forgot my password' at the login prompt
2) Enter your username and email you registered with and submit
3) You will receive an email with an activation link. Please click it and then log in using the random password provided
4) Go to your User Control Panel and click on the Profile tab
5) Click on 'Edit Account Settings' and enter your new password twice followed by the random password provided earlier. Click Submit.
6) That's it...you're back in! You may have to log in again with your new password.

If you forgot your email address, please email me (MikeP) at: mikepaulsen12@gmail.com

Note: you must now use bb code buttons in the Post form for embedded images, YouTube videos, etc.
For example, to post embedded YouTube videos: paste in the link (e.g., http://www.youtube.com/watch?XYZ1234567), highlight it and then click the YouTube button.

BERLIN Pleasure Victim reissue coming soon!

Re: BERLIN Pleasure Victim reissue coming soon!

Postby ZippY » Wed Jul 08, 2020 7:02 am

Rubellan wrote:
ZippY wrote:This is one I'll probably buy because it's an EP that I loved back in the day. Excited for the 7 inch version of Sex. Wasn't The Metro 7 inch unique from the album version too?!

There's a load of different versions though all from the same recording, just different mixes:

The original MAO single mix
The original Enigma LP mix
The remix done for the Geffen reissue and U.S. 7"
The 4:25 remix on some foreign 7"s
The extended remix from the foreign 12" releases

I'm hoping to have have at least three of these on my release.

Thanks for clearing this out. I'm familiar with the original (MAO) single mix and that 4:25 remix. I also hope you"ll include the instrumental version of Sex (I'm A...).
ZippY
Personal Jesus

Postby postpunkmonk » Fri Jul 10, 2020 9:38 am

Rubellan wrote:I have a faithful fan base of over 100 people who always put in an order within a day or two of any of my releases, and that's great.
I wish I had the money to be able to do that. Every expense over a download single has to be planned and budgeted for. Sigh.
https://postpunkmonk.com
For further rumination on the Fresh New Sound of Yesterday®
postpunkmonk
Personal Jesus

Postby Soylent Green » Fri Jul 10, 2020 5:36 pm

These reissues have been fantastic! I could cry for the fact that the one New Wave artist that needs this special touch remastering the MOST, Lene Lovich, will sadly never happen due to the issues you've described in the past. Scott, your back and forth's with her (Former) guitarist Jude about the CD-R debacle that was the 'Flex' Box was the stuff of legend. Boy he always gave off the vibe of a very unpleasant person. I'm still hoping someday her albums will get the remastering they deserve and I hope you are the man to do it. :)
Soylent Green
Running Up That Hill

Postby Rubellan » Sun Jul 12, 2020 6:47 am

postpunkmonk wrote:
Rubellan wrote:I have a faithful fan base of over 100 people who always put in an order within a day or two of any of my releases, and that's great.
I wish I had the money to be able to do that. Every expense over a download single has to be planned and budgeted for. Sigh.

No worries, I appreciate the support whether it's immediately upon release or a few months down the road when finances allow. I just hope I get to keep doing releases. Warner has been phasing out third party requests since I first started with them in 2017 and now I'm getting no responses. Sony confirmed last week they are not accepting new third party requests. So it's Universal or bust.
Scott @ Rubellan Remasters
www.rubellanremasters.com
Rubellan
Room at the Top

Postby Rubellan » Sun Jul 12, 2020 7:29 am

Soylent Green wrote:These reissues have been fantastic! I could cry for the fact that the one New Wave artist that needs this special touch remastering the MOST, Lene Lovich, will sadly never happen due to the issues you've described in the past. Scott, your back and forth's with her (Former) guitarist Jude about the CD-R debacle that was the 'Flex' Box was the stuff of legend. Boy he always gave off the vibe of a very unpleasant person. I'm still hoping someday her albums will get the remastering they deserve and I hope you are the man to do it. :)

I agree it's a shame, and I recently reached out to the label again (Domino) since I found out Jude Rawlins was no longer in the Lovich band. Domino replied still with cold feet and no interest in licensing. It seems there will never be properly remastered physical releases of Lovich catalog and the material will remain only on past reissues and streaming. However, I may try to approach them at some point with a dollar amount and see if that results in anything.
Rubellan
Room at the Top

Postby Soylent Green » Sun Jul 12, 2020 1:13 pm

Rubellan wrote:
Soylent Green wrote:These reissues have been fantastic! I could cry for the fact that the one New Wave artist that needs this special touch remastering the MOST, Lene Lovich, will sadly never happen due to the issues you've described in the past. Scott, your back and forth's with her (Former) guitarist Jude about the CD-R debacle that was the 'Flex' Box was the stuff of legend. Boy he always gave off the vibe of a very unpleasant person. I'm still hoping someday her albums will get the remastering they deserve and I hope you are the man to do it. :)

I agree it's a shame, and I recently reached out to the label again (Domino) since I found out Jude Rawlins was no longer in the Lovich band. Domino replied still with cold feet and no interest in licensing. It seems there will never be properly remastered physical releases of Lovich catalog and the material will remain only on past reissues and streaming. However, I may try to approach them at some point with a dollar amount and see if that results in anything.

Thank You Scott, I appreciate your effort. Fingers crossed!
Soylent Green
Running Up That Hill

Postby Rubellan » Wed Jul 15, 2020 6:16 am

Here's the intended track list for Berlin's 'Pleasure Victim'. It appears all 14 tracks are going to be included unless there's a last minute surprise, but I received the last of the master transfers from the UK on Monday and pretty much have everything remastered. Just waiting on a few final things from UMe's end and then I can line it up for manufacture. I'm hoping for a mid/late August release:

1. Tell Me Why
2. Pleasure Victim
3. Sex (I'm A...)
4. Masquerade
5. The Metro
6. World Of Smiles
7. Torture

Bonus Tracks:
8. Sex (I'm A...) (Single Remix)
9. Tell Me Why (Single Remix)
10. The Metro (Euro Single Remix)
11. Masquerade (Single Remix)
12. Sex (I'm A...) (Extended Remix)
13. The Metro (Extended Remix)
14. Masquerade (Extended Remix)
Rubellan
Room at the Top

Postby Fred Taghon » Wed Jul 15, 2020 10:59 am

Looks like a home run to me Scott, this is pretty much the track listing I was expecting and hoping for. I didnt know there was a single remix of "Masquerade"!? So that's a nice little surprise. And maybe I never dug deep enough, but I've always wondered where the extended remix of "Masquerade" originated? I see no evidence of that single ever having a 12" vinyl release. Only place I've ever found it is the "Dancing In Berlin" Japanese release, but that (cd and vinyl) was released in 1987. Was that the first time that version was officially released?
Fred Taghon
The Jet Set

Postby Rubellan » Wed Jul 15, 2020 12:28 pm

Yes, that Japanese release is the only place I'm aware that extended remix was released. I think it was prepared at the time in 1983 and possibly shelved because the single remix is derived from the same remix as the extended remix.
Rubellan
Room at the Top

Postby profil » Thu Jul 16, 2020 3:48 am

Rubellan wrote:Here's the intended track list for Berlin's 'Pleasure Victim'. It appears all 14 tracks are going to be included unless there's a last minute surprise, but I received the last of the master transfers from the UK on Monday and pretty much have everything remastered. Just waiting on a few final things from UMe's end and then I can line it up for manufacture. I'm hoping for a mid/late August release:

1. Tell Me Why
2. Pleasure Victim
3. Sex (I'm A...)
4. Masquerade
5. The Metro
6. World Of Smiles
7. Torture

Bonus Tracks:
8. Sex (I'm A...) (Single Remix)
9. Tell Me Why (Single Remix)
10. The Metro (Euro Single Remix)
11. Masquerade (Single Remix)
12. Sex (I'm A...) (Extended Remix)
13. The Metro (Extended Remix)
14. Masquerade (Extended Remix)

Perfect tracklist - for what is being possible :D
Take On Me

Postby RevUp64 » Thu Jul 16, 2020 10:35 am

Rubellan wrote:

Do I remember correctly that you had the masters and have actually already done the work on that one and were going to feature the original 1978 Stiff version of the album? That automatically makes this a must-buy.
RevUp64
Switchin' to Glide

Postby Rubellan » Fri Jul 17, 2020 7:51 am

RevUp64 wrote:
Rubellan wrote:

Do I remember correctly that you had the masters and have actually already done the work on that one and were going to feature the original 1978 Stiff version of the album? That automatically makes this a must-buy.

Those original version masters are long lost/gone. I remastered that edition from vinyl using my usual obsessiveness. I put a few tracks on YouTube a year or so ago after the project was shelved:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6-QIFcU78ig
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LAP7-UsOGWM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Z7X4atr0Pc
Rubellan
Room at the Top

Postby jaybag » Wed Jul 22, 2020 11:33 am

Awesome news, Scott. Will be ordering that one of course. Just now placed my order for Fingerprintz to complete the RR Collection (to date).

Surprised that nobody from Berlin has responded to requests for involvement - they're still active, I believe. I'd imagine they'd be thrilled with the re-releases you've done.
jaybag
Personal Jesus

Postby Rubellan » Mon Aug 03, 2020 6:08 pm

Pleasure Victim is now listed on the website with sound samples of the upcoming release, which is planned for August 28:

https://www.rubellanremasters.com/berlnpv
Rubellan
Room at the Top

Postby RevUp64 » Fri Aug 14, 2020 12:47 pm

Rubellan wrote:Pleasure Victim is now listed on the website with sound samples of the upcoming release, which is planned for August 28:

https://www.rubellanremasters.com/berlnpv

Hey Scott,

Is the 28th still on? I still don't see a preorder link. Thank you, really excited for this one!

-Dean
RevUp64
Switchin' to Glide

PreviousNext

Return to News, Reissues & Compilations