Site Announcements

View the results of the New Wave Outpost 20th Anniversary Top Songs Poll here:
http://www.nwoutpost.com/poll/results

Coming Soon: Top Albums Poll. Stay tuned!

Welcome to the new forum!
If you are a previously registered user, you must do the following:

1) Click on 'I forgot my password' at the login prompt
2) Enter your username and email you registered with and submit
3) You will receive an email with an activation link. Please click it and then log in using the random password provided
4) Go to your User Control Panel and click on the Profile tab
5) Click on 'Edit Account Settings' and enter your new password twice followed by the random password provided earlier. Click Submit.
6) That's it...you're back in! You may have to log in again with your new password.

If you forgot your email address, please email me (MikeP) at: mikepaulsen12@gmail.com

Note: you must now use bb code buttons in the Post form for embedded images, YouTube videos, etc.
For example, to post embedded YouTube videos: paste in the link (e.g., http://www.youtube.com/watch?XYZ1234567), highlight it and then click the YouTube button.

Fashion "Fabrique DeLuxe" Preorder Confirmed

Re: Fashion "Fabrique DeLuxe" Preorder Confirmed

Postby drivel » Mon Feb 22, 2021 1:23 pm

Update: The Fashion Fabrique Box Set is shipping as of today, Monday 22nd February.

https://www.musicglue.com/fashion-fabrique-deluxe/products/fabrique-deluxe-box-set
drivel
Take On Me

Postby omar » Mon Feb 22, 2021 3:48 pm

Yep. I'm over excited. Ordered mine.
omar
Room at the Top

Postby postpunkmonk » Tue Mar 23, 2021 1:06 pm

Have been enjoying mine for over 2 weeks. In the middle of a thorough review.
https://postpunkmonk.com
For further rumination on the Fresh New Sound of Yesterday®
postpunkmonk
Personal Jesus

Postby omar » Tue Mar 23, 2021 10:01 pm

Disc 1 is awesome. However on bonus discs 2 & 3 i noticed how some of the remixes are segued into one another and are vinyl sourced. But overall it's way better than the Height Of Fashion compilation.
omar
Room at the Top

Postby postpunkmonk » Wed Mar 24, 2021 7:15 am

The "Mutant Mix Mechanic" on disc 2 is actually the "Streetplayer-Mechanik [Audio Extra]" mix also on disc 3. It's not "Mutant Mix Mechanic." So the 12" A-side of "Streetplayer-Mechanik" is in the box twice on discs 2 & 3, though the EQ on each is quite different on each instance. The same file was not used twice. Which makes sense for this type of error. I'm more crushed by the fade on "Dressed To Kill [double dub]" instead of the echoed cold ending. Careful listening to the 2 files involved also revealed pops in the intro 30 seconds of the track. My first thought was "is this mastered from vinyl?" but the detail sounds too good for that. They might be static pops from the master tape. I'm not 100% certain either way. I wish I had a day to analyze what's one here and to compare it all to my carefully denoised vinyl rips. It does sound much better than "The Height Of Fashion" CD though! That's what makes me think that any pops are on the master tape.
postpunkmonk
Personal Jesus

Postby omar » Wed Mar 24, 2021 8:05 am

postpunkmonk wrote:The "Mutant Mix Mechanic" on disc 2 is actually the "Streetplayer-Mechanik [Audio Extra]" mix also on disc 3. It's not "Mutant Mix Mechanic." So the 12" A-side of "Streetplayer-Mechanik" is in the box twice on discs 2 & 3, though the EQ on each is quite different on each instance. The same file was not used twice. Which makes sense for this type of error. I'm more crushed by the fade on "Dressed To Kill [double dub]" instead of the echoed cold ending. Careful listening to the 2 files involved also revealed pops in the intro 30 seconds of the track. My first thought was "is this mastered from vinyl?" but the detail sounds too good for that. They might be static pops from the master tape. I'm not 100% certain either way. I wish I had a day to analyze what's one here and to compare it all to my carefully denoised vinyl rips. It does sound much better than "The Height Of Fashion" CD though! That's what makes me think that any pops are on the master tape.

also Love Shadow (7") clearly has some vinyl surface noise at the intro and segues right into Alternative Playback (Half Frame).
omar
Room at the Top

Postby DJ Kenny » Wed Mar 24, 2021 10:06 am

Looking forward to getting a copy of this. Has anyone heard about any other releases from them? The single "Silver blades"/"A Deeper Cut" doesn't seem to even be on YouTube. Aside from someone recording it off the radio.
DJ Kenny
Switchin' to Glide

Postby drivel » Thu Mar 25, 2021 4:11 am

The individual Fashion - Fabrique CDs are now available to order for £12 / €13.50 / $15 each + postage at https://www.musicglue.com/fashion-fabrique-deluxe/
drivel
Take On Me

Postby postpunkmonk » Thu Mar 25, 2021 4:47 am

drivel wrote:The individual Fashion - Fabrique CDs are now available to order for £12 / €13.50 / $15 each + postage at https://www.musicglue.com/fashion-fabrique-deluxe/

Impressive! I didn't see that happening but the box was exceptionally well made. A perfect matte black fetish object that the album fully justified. And the booklet was very nice. As a huge fan of the album, i'm happy with the box, but am glad that the CDs are available all carte for others; a best case scenario.
postpunkmonk
Personal Jesus

Postby df118 » Thu Mar 25, 2021 10:08 am

omar wrote:
postpunkmonk wrote:The "Mutant Mix Mechanic" on disc 2 is actually the "Streetplayer-Mechanik [Audio Extra]" mix also on disc 3. It's not "Mutant Mix Mechanic." So the 12" A-side of "Streetplayer-Mechanik" is in the box twice on discs 2 & 3, though the EQ on each is quite different on each instance. The same file was not used twice. Which makes sense for this type of error. I'm more crushed by the fade on "Dressed To Kill [double dub]" instead of the echoed cold ending. Careful listening to the 2 files involved also revealed pops in the intro 30 seconds of the track. My first thought was "is this mastered from vinyl?" but the detail sounds too good for that. They might be static pops from the master tape. I'm not 100% certain either way. I wish I had a day to analyze what's one here and to compare it all to my carefully denoised vinyl rips. It does sound much better than "The Height Of Fashion" CD though! That's what makes me think that any pops are on the master tape.

also Love Shadow (7") clearly has some vinyl surface noise at the intro and segues right into Alternative Playback (Half Frame).

Alternative Playback (Full Frame) also starts with the outro from a previous track (Streetplayer?). A great pity as these tracks were standalone on the 12" singles etc. It does bring into question on the source "tapes".
df118
Take On Me

Postby postpunkmonk » Wed Apr 07, 2021 4:33 am

df118 wrote:Alternative Playback (Full Frame) also starts with the outro from a previous track (Streetplayer?). A great pity as these tracks were standalone on the 12" singles etc. It does bring into question on the source "tapes".

There has never been a case of any tracks from "Fabrique" having been segued like that; with the exception of the US promo 12" of "Love Shadow" which has three tracks mixed on its B-side in this order.

B1 Dressed To Kill Double Dub 2:51
B2 Whitestuff (The Unfinished) 4:55
B3 Something In Your Picture (Alternative Playback) 2:44

So the mastering decision was made to perform slight cross fades to a few tracks here. Strange. I would have preferred to have the tracks discreet, but the cross fades are slight enough to not be too obtrusive. I'm more bent out of shape by the fade at the end of "Dressed To Kill [Double Dub.]" That one out of the several anomalies on this box hurts me the most.
postpunkmonk
Personal Jesus

Postby yipyipcoyote » Sat May 08, 2021 12:06 am

Was hoping for the superb Love Shadow (dub version) on one of these discs. Guess it will be in a future reissue. For now the (thankfully decent quality) mp3 will have to suffice :D
yipyipcoyote
The Jet Set

Postby postpunkmonk » Fri May 14, 2021 7:58 am

yipyipcoyote wrote:Was hoping for the superb Love Shadow (dub version) on one of these discs. Guess it will be in a future reissue. For now the (thankfully decent quality) mp3 will have to suffice :D

Yeah, Harris put that on his Soundcloud and I was wondering where it was in this set. Ideally, it should have been there. Maybe the quality was deemed to be sub-par. It could have been a cassette dub that he'd had since then for all I know.
postpunkmonk
Personal Jesus

Previous

Return to News, Reissues & Compilations