Site Announcements

View the results of the New Wave Outpost 20th Anniversary Top Songs Poll here:
http://www.nwoutpost.com/poll/results

Coming Soon: Top Albums Poll. Stay tuned!

Welcome to the new forum!
If you are a previously registered user, you must do the following:

1) Click on 'I forgot my password' at the login prompt
2) Enter your username and email you registered with and submit
3) You will receive an email with an activation link. Please click it and then log in using the random password provided
4) Go to your User Control Panel and click on the Profile tab
5) Click on 'Edit Account Settings' and enter your new password twice followed by the random password provided earlier. Click Submit.
6) That's it...you're back in! You may have to log in again with your new password.

If you forgot your email address, please email me (MikeP) at: mikepaulsen12@gmail.com

Note: you must now use bb code buttons in the Post form for embedded images, YouTube videos, etc.
For example, to post embedded YouTube videos: paste in the link (e.g., http://www.youtube.com/watch?XYZ1234567), highlight it and then click the YouTube button.

MISSING PERSONS The Album Collection 3 CD box

MISSING PERSONS The Album Collection 3 CD box

Postby Rubellan » Tue Dec 22, 2020 1:23 pm

Rubellan Remasters is proud to announce the reissue of all three original albums by the classic line up of Missing Persons. Starting with their 1982 debut album 'Spring Session M', which achieved gold status in the U.S., and carrying through to the 1984 release 'Rhyme & Reason' to the final long player from the original core band, the 1986 album 'Color In Your Life'. All three albums have been dynamically remastered from original master tapes from the Universal Music tape archive, and include bonus material.

As a way to celebrate these long overdue and special CD reissues, Rubellan Remasters is offering the albums on an individual basis or as a special package containing all three reissues in a limited edition box. The design was created exlusively for this package and includes elements from all three albums to tie in a connected theme. The limited box edition will be exclusive to direct sales from Rubellan Remasters and not part of eventual retail distribution. The images for the front and back of the box are below and reveal the full track listing. Sound samples are available on the website: https://www.rubellanremasters.com/releases

Assuming there's no issues with the final box manufacturing (I should have it in hand next week), orders for the Missing Persons catalog, as well as the previously announced Divinyls 'What A Life!' expanded reissue, will hopefully begin next week with orders starting to ship the first week of January. Details will be listed on the website, as well as sent to my mailing list and posted on Facebook and Twitter.

Scott @ Rubellan Remasters
www.rubellanremasters.com
Rubellan
Room at the Top

Re: MISSING PERSONS The Album Collection 3 CD box

Postby Fred Taghon » Tue Dec 22, 2020 5:01 pm

The answer is...YES!
Fred Taghon
The Jet Set

Postby crichert » Thu Dec 24, 2020 8:02 am

FANTASTIC!! Very excited to purchase these, thank you Scott!!
crichert
Room at the Top

Postby tikibars » Fri Dec 25, 2020 1:15 pm

Didn't the 1982 EP (from which Mental Hopscotch and I Like Boys were drawn) contain early versions of Destination Unknown and Words? No luck tracking those down?
tikibars
Take On Me

Postby Rubellan » Fri Dec 25, 2020 7:25 pm

tikibars wrote:Didn't the 1982 EP (from which Mental Hopscotch and I Like Boys were drawn) contain early versions of Destination Unknown and Words? No luck tracking those down?

The versions from the EP were the same as on the LP. In fact, there was a master tape that had only 10 tracks and it looks like adding those two songs on the LP, making it 12 tracks, was a late decision.
Rubellan
Room at the Top

Postby Rubellan » Wed Dec 30, 2020 3:17 pm

The new Missing Persons and Divinyls releases will be available for purchase tomorrow. Here's the Missing Persons unboxing video for a sneak preview:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gc9COjV8Aqw
Rubellan
Room at the Top

Postby crichert » Thu Dec 31, 2020 7:58 am

Very exciting end to 2020, thanks for sharing that video Scott!

Where did you find the bobblehead!??! :D

Rubellan wrote:The new Missing Persons and Divinyls releases will be available for purchase tomorrow. Here's the Missing Persons unboxing video for a sneak preview:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gc9COjV8Aqw
crichert
Room at the Top

Postby Rubellan » Thu Dec 31, 2020 8:38 am

Dale offers them through her Facebook page. There is some cost associated with it (it's heavy ceramic, not cheap plastic) and she will personalize the box it comes in for buyers. I love it! I'm sending her copies of the box set today.
Rubellan
Room at the Top

Postby crichert » Thu Dec 31, 2020 10:00 am

Ha, that's AWESOME! Love it!
crichert
Room at the Top

Postby Fred Taghon » Wed Jan 13, 2021 9:24 pm

The Missing Persons 3CD "Album Collection" set arrived today! Best investment I've made so far for 2021!

The box housing the 3 CD's was definitely worth the extra $6 - very sharp. All the CD's look great!

But the meat and potatoes is of course the music. I'm listening to "Spring Session M" now, which is hands down my favorite Missing Persons album. Holy sh*t does this CD sound AMAZING! I've got the 1995 One Way CD, the 1987 "Best Of" CD and the "Classic Masters" from 2002 which was a 24-bit remaster. This new Ruebellan Remasters reissue blows them ALL away. I didn't realize how harsh the "Classic Masters" disc was until I compared the two. The sound is so clean, balanced, full, natural and DYNAMIC. This is pretty much what I was hoping for, after purchasing the two Ruebellan Berlin reissues last year, and it absolutely exceeds my expectations.

I also have to note the bonus inclusion of the 1983 mix of "Action Reaction". I expected this to be the same track that appeared on the 2000 reissue of "Rhyme & Reason" and the 1997 CD "Late Nights Early Days". To my delight, this is a completely different mix indeed! This version certainly fits into the overall sonic palette of the "Spring Session M" album, so it's a welcome addition. Also nice to have the 3 remaining tracks from the "Missing Persons" EP FINALLY incorporated into the album. They really are an integral part of the overall fabric of the "Spring Session M" era. A gorgeous reissue of a New Wave classic.

Scanning through the "Rhyme & Reason" disc now and I'm once again extremely happy with the quality! The 2000 reissue was actually pretty decent, so I'm not surprised that there is no night and day difference between the two, but this new remaster definitely has a fuller dynamic range and a subtle warmth the other lacks. In fact I just loaded a track from each CD into my Vector 3 audio editing app and you can visually SEE less compression in the new Ruebellan version.

My favorite tracks from this album have always been the 3 mid tempo songs "Surrender Your Heart", "Waiting For A Million Years" and "If Only For The Moment" and all three have simply never sounded better. Rockers like "The Closer That You Get", "Right Now" and "Clandestine People" also shimmer just a bit more than their 2000 reissue counterparts. All "Rhyme And Reason" tracks here once again sound quite significantly better than the 2002 "Classic Masters" disc.

Of particular note is the bonus track "If Only For The Moment (Full Version)". It did previously appear on the "Classic Masters" disc, but compared to the 2021 version, the "Classic Masters" one sounds like an unrefined demo complete with excessive tape hiss. Here, it sounds polished and clean, lovingly refurbished and brought back to life. I loved this mix when I first heard it on the "Classic Masters" disc, but rarely listened to it because of the quality. So I am just over the moon with this new remaster. This track alone is worth the purchase for me! If you were a fan of the previously unreleased "Fight For Life" when it first appeared on the 2000 reissue, you will be very please with the new remaster here once again. The intro "countdown" is edited away which was a good choice and it has a weightier low end and, surprise, just sounds MUCH better.

I rarely ever listened to "Rhyme & Reason" from start to finish, but I anticipate this new remaster is going to pull me back in to reevaluate it as a whole, 37 years later. I already find myself thinking, wow I didn't realize how good "The Closer That You Get", "Now Is The Time (For Love)", "Clandestine People" and "All Fall Down" were! This is a completely different album, style-wise, than the first one. And maybe that's why I never delved into it when it came out. But I'm finding now that on it's own merits, it really is a pretty darn solid collection of songs.

Most of the interest in these 3 reissues will undoubtably focus on the first two albums. "Color In Your Life" has always been just too overly-produced for my personal tastes. There are definitely some good tunes here, but unlike my rekindled interest in "Rhyme & Reason", I probably still won't find myself listening to "Color In Your Life" from start to finish any time soon lol. That being said, as with the two other albums, this new remaster is at least a more enjoyable listen, sonically. Another clear improvement over the 2000 release. Nice to have the 3 bonus versions of "I Can't Think About Dancin'" all in one place as well. I don't think the Single Version has ever appeared on CD before. An excellent remaster of what otherwise comes across as a bit of a labored effort musically.

If you're a fan, you will not regret purchasing these remasters, and likely won't ever bother listening to any of the other issues or compilations ever again. Thank you again, Scott Davies and Ruebellan Remasters, for providing such high quality releases!
Fred Taghon
The Jet Set

Postby jaybag » Thu Jan 14, 2021 11:10 pm

Just ordered the MP box and the new Divinyls - can’t wait (especially considering the glowing reviews)!
jaybag
Personal Jesus

Postby Rubellan » Wed Jan 20, 2021 9:36 am

Fred Taghon wrote:The Missing Persons 3CD "Album Collection" set arrived today! Best investment I've made so far for 2021!

The box housing the 3 CD's was definitely worth the extra $6 - very sharp. All the CD's look great!

But the meat and potatoes is of course the music. I'm listening to "Spring Session M" now, which is hands down my favorite Missing Persons album. Holy sh*t does this CD sound AMAZING! I've got the 1995 One Way CD, the 1987 "Best Of" CD and the "Classic Masters" from 2002 which was a 24-bit remaster. This new Ruebellan Remasters reissue blows them ALL away. I didn't realize how harsh the "Classic Masters" disc was until I compared the two. The sound is so clean, balanced, full, natural and DYNAMIC. This is pretty much what I was hoping for, after purchasing the two Ruebellan Berlin reissues last year, and it absolutely exceeds my expectations.

I also have to note the bonus inclusion of the 1983 mix of "Action Reaction". I expected this to be the same track that appeared on the 2000 reissue of "Rhyme & Reason" and the 1997 CD "Late Nights Early Days". To my delight, this is a completely different mix indeed! This version certainly fits into the overall sonic palette of the "Spring Session M" album, so it's a welcome addition. Also nice to have the 3 remaining tracks from the "Missing Persons" EP FINALLY incorporated into the album. They really are an integral part of the overall fabric of the "Spring Session M" era. A gorgeous reissue of a New Wave classic.

Scanning through the "Rhyme & Reason" disc now and I'm once again extremely happy with the quality! The 2000 reissue was actually pretty decent, so I'm not surprised that there is no night and day difference between the two, but this new remaster definitely has a fuller dynamic range and a subtle warmth the other lacks. In fact I just loaded a track from each CD into my Vector 3 audio editing app and you can visually SEE less compression in the new Ruebellan version.

My favorite tracks from this album have always been the 3 mid tempo songs "Surrender Your Heart", "Waiting For A Million Years" and "If Only For The Moment" and all three have simply never sounded better. Rockers like "The Closer That You Get", "Right Now" and "Clandestine People" also shimmer just a bit more than their 2000 reissue counterparts. All "Rhyme And Reason" tracks here once again sound quite significantly better than the 2002 "Classic Masters" disc.

Of particular note is the bonus track "If Only For The Moment (Full Version)". It did previously appear on the "Classic Masters" disc, but compared to the 2021 version, the "Classic Masters" one sounds like an unrefined demo complete with excessive tape hiss. Here, it sounds polished and clean, lovingly refurbished and brought back to life. I loved this mix when I first heard it on the "Classic Masters" disc, but rarely listened to it because of the quality. So I am just over the moon with this new remaster. This track alone is worth the purchase for me! If you were a fan of the previously unreleased "Fight For Life" when it first appeared on the 2000 reissue, you will be very please with the new remaster here once again. The intro "countdown" is edited away which was a good choice and it has a weightier low end and, surprise, just sounds MUCH better.

I rarely ever listened to "Rhyme & Reason" from start to finish, but I anticipate this new remaster is going to pull me back in to reevaluate it as a whole, 37 years later. I already find myself thinking, wow I didn't realize how good "The Closer That You Get", "Now Is The Time (For Love)", "Clandestine People" and "All Fall Down" were! This is a completely different album, style-wise, than the first one. And maybe that's why I never delved into it when it came out. But I'm finding now that on it's own merits, it really is a pretty darn solid collection of songs.

Most of the interest in these 3 reissues will undoubtably focus on the first two albums. "Color In Your Life" has always been just too overly-produced for my personal tastes. There are definitely some good tunes here, but unlike my rekindled interest in "Rhyme & Reason", I probably still won't find myself listening to "Color In Your Life" from start to finish any time soon lol. That being said, as with the two other albums, this new remaster is at least a more enjoyable listen, sonically. Another clear improvement over the 2000 release. Nice to have the 3 bonus versions of "I Can't Think About Dancin'" all in one place as well. I don't think the Single Version has ever appeared on CD before. An excellent remaster of what otherwise comes across as a bit of a labored effort musically.

If you're a fan, you will not regret purchasing these remasters, and likely won't ever bother listening to any of the other issues or compilations ever again. Thank you again, Scott Davies and Ruebellan Remasters, for providing such high quality releases!

Thank you for the very nice feedback. I appreciate when people take the time to share their positive thoughts on these projects. It's been a very strong seller so far. Hopefully, more new titles to come this year.
Rubellan
Room at the Top

Return to News, Reissues & Compilations