Page 1 of 1

NOW 80s Alternative (4 CD) Set

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2023 11:13 am
by omar
Out next month from the NOW series...


CD 1:

New Order – Thieves Like Us
Eurythmics – Beethoven (I Love To Listen To)
Joy Division – Love Will Tear Us Apart
David Sylvian – Red Guitar
The Associates – Party Fears Two
Marc Almond – Stories Of Johnny
Aztec Camera – Oblivious
Pete Wylie & The Mighty WAH! – Come Back
The Adventures – Broken Land
Iggy Pop – Shades
Pretenders – Talk Of The Town
R.E.M. – So. Central Rain
Pixies – Monkey Gone To Heaven
The Psychedelic Furs – President Gas
The B-52’s – Planet Claire
The Creatures – Mad Eyed Screamer
Echo And The Bunnymen – The Cutter
The Jam – That’s Entertainment
Tom Robinson – Atmospherics: Listen To The Radio
Robert Wyatt – Shipbuilding

CD 2:

Laurie Anderson – O Superman
The Passions – I’m In Love With A German Film Star
The Stranglers – European Female
Electronic – Getting Away With It
Propaganda – Dr. Mabuse
Yello – Vicious Games
Scarlet Fantastic – No Memory
The Motels – Suddenly Last Summer
Naked Eyes – Always Something There to Remind Me
Split Enz – I Got You
Our Daughter’s Wedding – Lawnchairs
DEVO – Whip It
Midge Ure & Mick Karn – After A Fashion
Japan – Gentlemen Take Polaroids (Edit)
Sandii & The Sunsetz – Dream Of Immigrants
China Crisis – African And White
The Lotus Eaters – The First Picture Of You
Zaine Griff – Flowers
Anne Pigalle – He! Stranger

CD 3:

Sisters Of Mercy – This Corrosion
Siouxsie And The Banshees – Peek-A-Boo
Bauhaus – Kick In The Eye
The Cure – A Forest
Joy Division – Atmosphere
The Sugarcubes – Birthday
David Sylvian – Pop Song
Act – Snobbery & Decay
Simple Minds – The American
Soft Cell – Down In The Subway
The Fall – There’s A Ghost In My House
The Damned – Grimly Fiendish
Spear Of Destiny – Liberator
Theatre Of Hate – Do You Believe In The Westworld?
The Clash – This Is England
The Cult – Edie (Ciao Baby)
The Mission – Tower Of Strength
All About Eve – Martha’s Harbour
The Darling Buds – Hit The Ground
The Go-Go’s – Head Over Heels
The Waitresses – I Know What Boys Like

CD 4:

The Smiths – Hand In Glove
The Icicle Works – Love Is A Wonderful Colour
It’s Immaterial – Driving Away From Home (Jim’s Tune)
Timbuk 3 – The Future’s So Bright, I Gotta Wear Shades
Wall Of Voodoo – Mexican Radio
XTC – Senses Working Overtime
B-Movie – Remembrance Day
Kissing The Pink – The Last Film
Gang Of Four – I Love A Man In A Uniform
After The Fire – Der Kommissar
Altered Images – Dead Pop Stars
Toyah – Ieya
Adam & The Ants – Car Trouble
Julian Cope – World Shut Your Mouth
The Primitives – Crash
Westworld – Sonic Boom Boy
Pop Will Eat Itself – Def Con One
Big Audio Dynamite – Medicine Show
Latin Quarter – Radio Africa
Scritti Politti – The “Sweetest Girl”

I'm expecting regular album versions instead some of the 7" Mixes , unlike the older NOW cds which actually did contain many 7" versions for many of the songs.

Re: NOW 80s Alternative (4 CD) Set

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2023 12:11 pm
by ZippY
Not something I would buy because I don't like 'various artists'-collections anymore, but this looks like a great compilation; Midge Ure, The Cult, Joy Division/New Order/Electronic, Yello, Propaganda, Act, Simple Minds, The Icicle Works, XTC, Scritti Politti etc. Wondering if Laurie Anderson's O Superman is an edit or the full 8-minute-version. I remember at the time (October 1981) that all 7 inch singles had the 8-minute-track.

Re: NOW 80s Alternative (4 CD) Set

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2023 8:54 am
by ABOATES
Ordered. I think this looks cool and will be fun to have on in the background. Lots of really cool tracks. Many by bands that I wouldn't necessarily want a whole album for, but love the one-off track. Anyone know how well this series is mastered?