Page 1 of 1

The Chameleons Strange Times Reissue!

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2024 4:51 pm
by ABOATES
How do... thought I would put in a quick plug for the new Chameleons remaster of Strange Times. I've seen a variety of opinions about the remaster, but I must say in my opinion, it sounds terrific! No brick walling going on here. Just an ever so slightly clearer and detailed version of a great album. I do not typically care for most remasters due to compression, too much bass, and loudness. This stays true to the original in every way and just makes it sound a tinge better. A job well done.

Re: The Chameleons Strange Times Reissue!

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2024 9:46 am
by Sean
I was considering buying this but wasn't sure about the audio. Thanks for the review. Do you think it's worth buying if you already have the originally issued cd?

Re: The Chameleons Strange Times Reissue!

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2024 4:16 pm
by ABOATES
Yes. I actually do. Believe me...I am quite skeptical of "remasters" and "reissues"...they often sound worse. This one does not. It maintains the original balance while adding a touch more detail and a hint of a more solid foundation. It is worth the investment IMO.

Re: The Chameleons Strange Times Reissue!

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2024 12:42 pm
by WLR
The album "Script Of The Bridge" by The Chameleons is one of my all time favourite records, fabulous album and I have just got the 2 LP 180gm vinyl.

Re: The Chameleons Strange Times Reissue!

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2024 5:59 pm
by ABOATES
Great record!

Re: The Chameleons Strange Times Reissue!

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2024 9:17 pm
by Sean
Thanks buddy. Been kinda on the fence about this one since there's no additional material on it. Revised artwork does look cool.

Re: The Chameleons Strange Times Reissue!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2024 7:13 am
by ABOATES
Funny...the audio on this release is great but I actually don't care for the new artwork. Found it kind've cartoonish and a bit of a lark compared to the original which I always loved. I thought perhaps there was a legal reason they decided to "update" the cover art. Otherwise, I find it sort of sacrilege. My two cents. The new cover is OK IMO, but should have been left alone. Audio is terrific though.