Site Announcements

View the results of the New Wave Outpost 20th Anniversary Top Songs Poll here:
http://www.nwoutpost.com/poll/results

Coming Soon: Top Albums Poll. Stay tuned!

Welcome to the new forum!
If you are a previously registered user, you must do the following:

1) Click on 'I forgot my password' at the login prompt
2) Enter your username and email you registered with and submit
3) You will receive an email with an activation link. Please click it and then log in using the random password provided
4) Go to your User Control Panel and click on the Profile tab
5) Click on 'Edit Account Settings' and enter your new password twice followed by the random password provided earlier. Click Submit.
6) That's it...you're back in! You may have to log in again with your new password.

If you forgot your email address, please email me (MikeP) at: mikepaulsen12@gmail.com

Note: you must now use bb code buttons in the Post form for embedded images, YouTube videos, etc.
For example, to post embedded YouTube videos: paste in the link (e.g., http://www.youtube.com/watch?XYZ1234567), highlight it and then click the YouTube button.

Retro:Active4 - Rare and Remixed

Postby Lazlo Nibble » Sat Jul 23, 2005 9:13 am

[b]Imagination (Dance Mix), Obsession (Club Mix), even the Hitchikers' Dance Guide b-side (12" Version) - Xymox[/b]

I third this request!
Lazlo Nibble
Take On Me

Postby Sean » Thu Aug 11, 2005 3:31 am

I received my copy yesterday and it was utterly amazing. The "A Letter From Afar" just booms from my stereo. Alex, keep these coming please. Hopefully sales are good for you. If not, I'll try to send people your way for purchases. Every little bit helps.
Sean
Room at the Top

Postby bruiser » Thu Aug 11, 2005 12:33 pm

how about some marc almond? there is a dance mix of "ruby red" that would be fab, as well as "mambas" mixes: extended "torment" and "black heart"- not too dancy, those last two, but sure to send any ex-goth into wax-dripping ecstacy! okay, i'm pulling for the "ruby red" special mix. i think cabaret voltaire did it! (!)
bruiser
The Jet Set

Postby Surly » Thu Aug 11, 2005 2:44 pm

I humbly request the following:

ABC - "The Look Of Love" - USA Remix - Dub Version - 7:37, Mercury Records. Matrix info: MDS-4023 2-56988

Altered Images - "Don't Talk To Me About Love" - 6:10, Portrait Records. Matrix info: XSS 170956-1A

Torch Song - "Prepare To Energize" - 5:29, IRS Records. Matrix info: SP-70412
Surly
The Jet Set

Postby rewind » Fri Aug 12, 2005 1:36 am

[quote][i]Originally posted by bruiser[/i]
<br>how about some marc almond? there is a dance mix of "ruby red" that would be fab, as well as "mambas" mixes: extended "torment" and "black heart"- not too dancy, those last two, but sure to send any ex-goth into wax-dripping ecstacy! okay, i'm pulling for the "ruby red" special mix. i think cabaret voltaire did it! (!)
[/quote]

Yes! I liked the remix of "Ruby Red" so much more than the LP mix!
rewind
Room at the Top

Postby My Aural Stimulator » Fri Aug 12, 2005 1:59 am

[quote][i]Originally posted by Surly[/i]
<br>I humbly request the following:

ABC - "The Look Of Love" - USA Remix - Dub Version - 7:37, Mercury Records. Matrix info: MDS-4023 2-56988

Altered Images - "Don't Talk To Me About Love" - 6:10, Portrait Records. Matrix info: XSS 170956-1A

[/quote]

Why does the 8 minute version of Don't Talk To Me About Love keep getting chopped? Is the ending of it so bland that the 7 minute is sufficient? I do like the US version of this mix, though. I just wish that I could hear the full UK version of it on CD.

I'd also like to see the extended version of Jack Pelter & His Sex Change Chicken by Indians In Moscow.
My Aural Stimulator
Room at the Top

Postby human clone » Fri Aug 12, 2005 6:58 am

Got mine today!!!
human clone
Personal Jesus

Postby korova1 » Fri Aug 12, 2005 12:14 pm

Great job on the comp! It's nice to have Belfegore finally!! Inxs is pretty grand too.. all in all, very very very good job!

I have a few to throw questions and ideas for the series:

First, the question: Any plans for any B-Sides comps? That would be a nice variation for you... (Dubs, rare tracks, etc.)

Les Rita Mitsouko - Andi (12 inch Version (Virgin France/U.S.),
Age of Consent - Kiss (12 inch version (Virgin U.S.)
Nitzer Ebb - There are several 12 inch versions from the "That Total Age" era still not on CD...
Joe Strummer - Love Kills (12 inch remix, Dub, etc.)
Futura 2000 - (12 inchers with The Clash as the backup band)
Colourfield - several 12 inchers out there never released... at least that I know of... Thinking of You, etc. ( I think that is it!)

Gots to run, going out now! Bye from Denver.

I agree on the Red Rockers cut "China - Extended" that one was pretty good if I remember.
korova1
Personal Jesus

Postby korova1 » Fri Aug 12, 2005 12:28 pm

Oh yeah, and that killer Nemesis remix from Shriekback, the remix that has Marlon Brando clips of him talking from the movie Apocolypse Now. That one runs around 9 Mins! Awesome remix.... and I don't think it is available anywhere.
korova1
Personal Jesus

Postby Sean » Mon Aug 15, 2005 3:54 am

The b-sides comp idea would be cool. I actually even want to suggest a non 12" rarities comp but honestly I think both would be a lot of work. I think Alex has his hands full already with his current projects which we probably shouldn't pull him away from. [:)]

Here's what my non 12" rarities comp would include: (wishful thinking here)

Anonymous - SSQ
The Message Is You - Gary Myrick
No Chance You'll Pay - Private Lives
Rainy Season - Howard Devoto
No Guarantees - The Nobody's
Under The Gun - Face To Face
Canvas Of Life - Minor Detail
Just An Echo - B-Movie
Say It Again (7" Version) - The Danse Society
Walk Away - Pseudo Echo
Heartache Feeds Heartache - A Drop In The Grey
Romantic Dreams - Industry
Anyplace Anywhere Anytime - Nena
Close To You - Nine Ways To Win
King Of The Jungle - Peter Baumann
East Berlin By Rail - Slow Children
One More Shot - Space Monkey

and of course throw in some rarities by some popular favourites such as Depeche Mode, Erasure, OMD, New Order so the cd would sell. [:D]
Sean
Room at the Top

Postby Darkwave » Mon Aug 15, 2005 4:59 am

Maybe they could add a bonus b-sides cd and make it a double cd set[:p].
Eskimos & Egypt - Screams and Whispers would be a great track.

Suggestion for next Retro:Active cd Vicious Pink - My Private Tokyo. Dont know if it's ever made it on cd ?
Darkwave
Personal Jesus

Postby thefxc » Mon Aug 15, 2005 1:41 pm

[quote][i]Originally posted by Surly[/i]
<br>I humbly request the following:

[/quote]

FWIW, I believe this appeared on CD on _I.R.S. Greatest Hips Volume 4: The Remixes_.
thefxc
Personal Jesus

Postby yipyipcoyote » Tue Aug 16, 2005 3:44 am

[quote][i]Originally posted by thefxc[/i]<br>[quote][i]Originally posted by Surly[/i]<br>I humbly request the following:Torch Song - "Prepare To Energize" - 5:29, IRS Records. Matrix info: SP-70412[/quote]FWIW, I believe this appeared on CD on _I.R.S. Greatest Hips Volume 4: The Remixes_.[/quote]You're absolutely right. So what we want is actually P2e (remix) 5.08 from the b-side of Don't Look Now 12" - come to think of it, the A-side of that wouldn't hurt either [8D]

BTW - P2e (remix) on Andy Weatherall [i]Nine o'clock drop[/i] sounds awful
yipyipcoyote
The Jet Set

Postby Alex Hush » Mon Sep 05, 2005 3:41 am

Which mix of Ruby Red is of most interest?

RUBY RED (Re-Edited and Re-structured)(10:02)
RUBY RED (Special Re-Recorded Extended Dance Mix) (7:32)

Thanks

[quote][i]Originally posted by bruiser[/i]
<br>how about some marc almond? there is a dance mix of "ruby red" that would be fab, as well as "mambas" mixes: extended "torment" and "black heart"- not too dancy, those last two, but sure to send any ex-goth into wax-dripping ecstacy! okay, i'm pulling for the "ruby red" special mix. i think cabaret voltaire did it! (!)
[/quote]
Alex Hush
Personal Jesus

Postby rewind » Tue Sep 06, 2005 4:26 am

The 7:32 version!
rewind
Room at the Top

PreviousNext

Return to News, Reissues & Compilations