Site Announcements

View the results of the New Wave Outpost 20th Anniversary Top Songs Poll here:
http://www.nwoutpost.com/poll/results

Coming Soon: Top Albums Poll. Stay tuned!

Welcome to the new forum!
If you are a previously registered user, you must do the following:

1) Click on 'I forgot my password' at the login prompt
2) Enter your username and email you registered with and submit
3) You will receive an email with an activation link. Please click it and then log in using the random password provided
4) Go to your User Control Panel and click on the Profile tab
5) Click on 'Edit Account Settings' and enter your new password twice followed by the random password provided earlier. Click Submit.
6) That's it...you're back in! You may have to log in again with your new password.

If you forgot your email address, please email me (MikeP) at: mikepaulsen12@gmail.com

Note: you must now use bb code buttons in the Post form for embedded images, YouTube videos, etc.
For example, to post embedded YouTube videos: paste in the link (e.g., http://www.youtube.com/watch?XYZ1234567), highlight it and then click the YouTube button.

Dead Or Alive 12 Inch Collection 2 CD Set!!

Dead Or Alive 12 Inch Collection 2 CD Set!!

Postby Batgirl » Wed Jul 27, 2005 6:35 am

Sony Japan was supposed to release a 2 CD set of Dead Or Alive's remixes.

http://idealcopy.american-data.net/Merc ... FFIL=djlex

But, for some reason, they have indefinitely postponed the release.

There is currently an online petition to get these great remixes finally released on CD. If you want to sign, go to the link below. It takes 2 seconds! Thanks!!

http://www.petitiononline.com/twelve/petition.html
Batgirl
Running Up That Hill

Postby skinnytie » Wed Jul 27, 2005 11:06 am

I was #258 to sign up! [:)]
skinnytie
The Jet Set

Postby schwenko » Wed Jul 27, 2005 11:24 am

I'm #259 (I even misspelled my name!)
schwenko
Room at the Top

Postby Sean » Thu Jul 28, 2005 6:38 am

I really hope this gets released. I had my heart set on buying it.
Sean
Room at the Top

Postby My Aural Stimulator » Fri Jul 29, 2005 8:22 am

Although I'm not too terribly happy about plunking down $40-some-odd-dollars, I was looking forward to this release. I like the early and up to mid-80s stuff by them. I signed at #17.
My Aural Stimulator
Room at the Top

Postby Sean » Wed Aug 03, 2005 3:31 am

Any news on this?!?
Sean
Room at the Top

Postby bruiser » Thu Aug 04, 2005 1:49 am

if only the "sophisticated boom boom" mixes were included... sigh... i can dream though... ;-)
they are due for a major catalog revamp and remaster- wouldn't it be great to have "youthquake" with both versions of "been a long time" and "cake and eat it" and the dance mixes included? ahhhh. and in remastered, crisp sound...
bruiser
The Jet Set

Postby yipyipcoyote » Thu Aug 04, 2005 2:53 am

Re: Sopisticated Boom Boom mixes

I did recently find out that What I Want (dance mix) and I'd Do Anything (megamix) are on a limited 2-CD edition of 'Evolution'. So that just leaves Misty Circles dance mix/dub mix, Anything Dub and That's The Way mixes to be released on cd. Did I leave out anything?
yipyipcoyote
The Jet Set

Postby Sean » Thu Aug 04, 2005 3:26 am

Hopefully they will make a nice booklet with tons of pictures of the band. As visual as these guys are, it will be neat to see all their phases.

By the way guys, that 2CD Evolution is really cool. You should pick it up if you haven't.
Sean
Room at the Top

Postby bruiser » Thu Aug 04, 2005 5:11 am

[quote][i]Originally posted by yipyipcoyote[/i]
<br>Re: Sopisticated Boom Boom mixes

I did recently find out that What I Want (dance mix) and I'd Do Anything (megamix) are on a limited 2-CD edition of 'Evolution'. So that just leaves Misty Circles dance mix/dub mix, Anything Dub and That's The Way mixes to be released on cd. Did I leave out anything?
[/quote]

i don't believe that they are the same mixes, but edited here and there. i'll have to compare vinyl and cd. but i KNOW the "what i want" mix is not the 12" mix i have on vinyl.
bruiser
The Jet Set

Postby bruiser » Thu Aug 04, 2005 5:21 am

after a little net research i have come up with this: the "what i want" on "evolution" cd1 must be the 12" dance mix reissue from summer 1984, right before "you spin me" came out. the mix i have must be the original 12" dance mix from summer 1983. more info as it comes.
bruiser
The Jet Set

Postby yipyipcoyote » Thu Aug 04, 2005 8:21 am

whew are there two versions of What I Want 12"?! The one I have has a pic sleeve of Pete Burns on a dark red background. Not sure if it's from 83 or 84 though. Back in a bit
yipyipcoyote
The Jet Set

Postby skinnytie » Sun Sep 18, 2005 4:11 am

Bad news, gang. According to the Ideal Copy, this release has been scrapped altogether. The Ideal Copy is refunding any money to those who pre-ordered it, but they're hopeful someone else will release it at some future point.
skinnytie
The Jet Set

Return to News, Reissues & Compilations