Site Announcements

View the results of the New Wave Outpost 20th Anniversary Top Songs Poll here:
http://www.nwoutpost.com/poll/results

Coming Soon: Top Albums Poll. Stay tuned!

Welcome to the new forum!
If you are a previously registered user, you must do the following:

1) Click on 'I forgot my password' at the login prompt
2) Enter your username and email you registered with and submit
3) You will receive an email with an activation link. Please click it and then log in using the random password provided
4) Go to your User Control Panel and click on the Profile tab
5) Click on 'Edit Account Settings' and enter your new password twice followed by the random password provided earlier. Click Submit.
6) That's it...you're back in! You may have to log in again with your new password.

If you forgot your email address, please email me (MikeP) at: mikepaulsen12@gmail.com

Note: you must now use bb code buttons in the Post form for embedded images, YouTube videos, etc.
For example, to post embedded YouTube videos: paste in the link (e.g., http://www.youtube.com/watch?XYZ1234567), highlight it and then click the YouTube button.

yet another HUMAN LEAGUE post

yet another HUMAN LEAGUE post

Postby bruiser » Fri Aug 19, 2005 2:02 am

i know, i know. but i'm excited, and want to do some more talkin'.

so: between the upcoming "hysteria" and "original mixes", and with the "dare/love and dancing" and caroline's "dare" from the late 90's, we have a majority of dance and b-sides. if caroline are holding out for a "fascination" e.p. (perhaps why the extended version of "fascination" is not on the "original mixes" release?) this is what would be on it:

fascination extended
mirror man extended
hard times
i love you too much (original)
you remind me of gold
fascination (improvisation)

okay, so we have to pad that out a little. what else?
well:

there's always the single versions of:
fascination
mirror man
of course, both of these are on countless compilations. so no dice.

how about:
you remind me of gold "instrumental" (an actual remix, not just no vocal, and it's fab)
total panic (b-side of fascination)

and, er... that's it. of course we could throw on some "hysteria" stuff not covered on the re-issue, since it's from those sessions more or less:

the lebanon (instrumental)
the lebanon (7")
life on your own (7")
louise (7")

three of which are available elsewhere.
maybe this is why the fascination e.p. won't be released. it's a little sparse.

i'm obsessed. i'm so excited about these releases. of course, i'll burn out and never listen to them again. such is life.
bruiser
The Jet Set

Postby skinnytie » Fri Aug 19, 2005 5:59 am

This is the type of in-depth analysis I love to see around here! Thanks, bruiser!
skinnytie
The Jet Set

Postby My Aural Stimulator » Wed Aug 24, 2005 10:22 am

But just think about how much $$$ Virgin would be making if they reissued Fascination with the instrumentals, extended versions, and b-sides, packaged with a booklet about the band at that time, plus photos and all the other neat stuff. They could make a mint! I'd gladly pay full-price to have that.
My Aural Stimulator
Room at the Top

Return to News, Reissues & Compilations