Site Announcements

View the results of the New Wave Outpost 20th Anniversary Top Songs Poll here:
http://www.nwoutpost.com/poll/results

Coming Soon: Top Albums Poll. Stay tuned!

Welcome to the new forum!
If you are a previously registered user, you must do the following:

1) Click on 'I forgot my password' at the login prompt
2) Enter your username and email you registered with and submit
3) You will receive an email with an activation link. Please click it and then log in using the random password provided
4) Go to your User Control Panel and click on the Profile tab
5) Click on 'Edit Account Settings' and enter your new password twice followed by the random password provided earlier. Click Submit.
6) That's it...you're back in! You may have to log in again with your new password.

If you forgot your email address, please email me (MikeP) at: mikepaulsen12@gmail.com

Note: you must now use bb code buttons in the Post form for embedded images, YouTube videos, etc.
For example, to post embedded YouTube videos: paste in the link (e.g., http://www.youtube.com/watch?XYZ1234567), highlight it and then click the YouTube button.

Maybe This Day...

Maybe This Day...

Postby Surly » Thu Sep 15, 2005 8:11 am

A little birdie (birdy? I'm a spelling geek and I hate getting it wrong) told me that a certain album from 1983 that has never been available on CD in America will be released early next year from a label that does a lot of reissues. Not the label that does a lot of new wave stuff, but another label that does some decent stuff.

It's not official, so that is why I am being vague on the details, but those in the know can read between the lines! [;)] Think about that pool ball gently touching the cue ball (no, that is not a naughty reference!) and you will have another clue on the band name.

Until it becomes official...you didn't hear it from me! The ink is still wet...

"Words like conviction can turn into a sentence"
Surly
The Jet Set

Postby rewind » Thu Sep 15, 2005 11:50 am

Swimming Pool Q's??!!

No, wait...Kissing The Pink "Naked"???????!!!!!!!!
rewind
Room at the Top

Postby bruiser » Thu Sep 15, 2005 12:53 pm

okay, immediately i went:
HUMAN LEAGUE FASCINATION E.P.? WITH EXTRA TRACKS?
and then i go over myself. i need more clues.
bruiser
The Jet Set

Postby My Aural Stimulator » Fri Sep 16, 2005 10:39 am

[quote][i]Originally posted by bruiser[/i]
<br>okay, immediately i went:
HUMAN LEAGUE FASCINATION E.P.? WITH EXTRA TRACKS?
and then i go over myself. i need more clues.
[/quote]

You crack me up! I was getting all ga-ga with Human League stuff, too, but I don't think a reissue of this is likely.

Hmmm...Perhaps Cee Farrow?
My Aural Stimulator
Room at the Top

Postby Surly » Tue Nov 08, 2005 12:29 am

OK, it's listed on the Wounded Bird site now. The release date isn't listed yet. It's going to be the "Naked" album plus the 5-song EP. A few of the songs from the EP are also on the album, so those songs will be repeated. Now, before anyone gets mad, there's a reason for this: if Wounded Bird were to reissue the "Naked" album and just include the songs from the EP that weren't on the album as bonus tracks, that would constitute a "compilation" and then Wounded Bird would have to guarantee Rhino a large amount of units for sale. By just doing a "two-fer," the guarantee is much lower, as is the risk.

Wounded Bird reissues are always pretty basic (particularly in the packaging and the mastering), but they put a lot of good stuff out there. Some recent ones I've picked up from them over the past year or so are The Kings, Graham Parker and Mink Deville. I also see another Romeo Void listed on the site - hopefully it's "Benefactor" or "It's a Condition." (What else could it be?)

Surly
The Jet Set

Postby Howie » Sat Nov 12, 2005 10:46 pm

It seems the news couldn't have been better.Pseudo Echo,B-Movie,Romeo Void albums first time on cd and now Kissing The Pink!
I would like to know if "Naked" will include "We Are Family" and the 7" mix of "Love Lasts Forever".
Kissing the Pink "Naked" has been one of my favorites and I cannot wait to buy it!!!
I hope Wounded Bird release keeps the original art cover for this album.This label releases tend to destroy the artwork and ruin the presentation of the cd by combining ,in most cases, two different art covers in one and with the awful phrase "2 LP's on 1 CD"
Howie
Running Up That Hill

Postby Surly » Mon Nov 14, 2005 1:22 am

[quote][i]Originally posted by Howie[/i]
<br>It seems the news couldn't have been better.Pseudo Echo,B-Movie,Romeo Void albums first time on cd and now Kissing The Pink!
I would like to know if "Naked" will include "We Are Family" and the 7" mix of "Love Lasts Forever".
Kissing the Pink "Naked" has been one of my favorites and I cannot wait to buy it!!!
I hope Wounded Bird release keeps the original art cover for this album.This label releases tend to destroy the artwork and ruin the presentation of the cd by combining ,in most cases, two different art covers in one and with the awful phrase "2 LP's on 1 CD" [/quote]

It probably will be that. In fact, I sent them my original LPs for them to use for the artwork.

Surly
The Jet Set

Return to News, Reissues & Compilations