Site Announcements

View the results of the New Wave Outpost 20th Anniversary Top Songs Poll here:
http://www.nwoutpost.com/poll/results

Coming Soon: Top Albums Poll. Stay tuned!

Welcome to the new forum!
If you are a previously registered user, you must do the following:

1) Click on 'I forgot my password' at the login prompt
2) Enter your username and email you registered with and submit
3) You will receive an email with an activation link. Please click it and then log in using the random password provided
4) Go to your User Control Panel and click on the Profile tab
5) Click on 'Edit Account Settings' and enter your new password twice followed by the random password provided earlier. Click Submit.
6) That's it...you're back in! You may have to log in again with your new password.

If you forgot your email address, please email me (MikeP) at: mikepaulsen12@gmail.com

Note: you must now use bb code buttons in the Post form for embedded images, YouTube videos, etc.
For example, to post embedded YouTube videos: paste in the link (e.g., http://www.youtube.com/watch?XYZ1234567), highlight it and then click the YouTube button.

Autumnal Park IN STOCK!!!!

Autumnal Park IN STOCK!!!!

Postby AR » Thu Oct 27, 2005 4:03 am

Hi everyone,
The Pseudo Echo CD's are in stock. You can get them at www.almacantarrecords.com, amazon.com, ebay. ect... These are the real thing!!!!! Made from the master tapes and remastered. Brian Canham was involved in the whole project! Don't miss these releases. And The 301 Demo Sessions are amazing!!! If you like the early new wave/romantic sound you will love it!!
Thanks
Almacantar Records
AR
Switchin' to Glide

Postby Surly » Thu Oct 27, 2005 6:20 am

Will preorders be shipping soon? Just curious - thanks!

"Words like conviction can turn into a sentence"
Surly
The Jet Set

Postby Sean » Thu Oct 27, 2005 12:30 pm

I placed my order a while back too. Will I be getting my package soon?
Sean
Room at the Top

Postby AR » Fri Oct 28, 2005 5:27 am

Hi,
CD's came in 10/27/05
All USA pre-orders shipped 10/27/05. And overseas pre-orders shipped 10/28/05.
Thanks for the orders!
AR
Switchin' to Glide

Postby Surly » Sat Oct 29, 2005 6:37 am

I received mine today - it sounds great! Nice job. The lyric sheet is appreciated, too!

"Words like conviction can turn into a sentence"
Surly
The Jet Set

Postby AR » Mon Oct 31, 2005 1:44 pm

Number 1! 301 Demos was never on an LP!!! That came from a master tape!!!! Number 2! And the Autumnal Park came from Brian Canham's masters! This Rubellan Does not know what he is talking about! We received everything from Brian himself! They are from the master!!!There is not a mistake on the insert. Autumnal Park is the first track on the CD and it is also listed as a bonus track because it was never on the original album. Maybe he is trying to destroy another label from trying to do anything.
AR
Switchin' to Glide

Postby 1980s » Mon Oct 31, 2005 2:30 pm

I received my CD's and I could not be happier. All three of them are amazing. The track listing on Autumnal Park is not wrong. There is no mistake. I see what Brian was doing. The first track is Autumnal Park then it is listed as a bonus track because that song was never on the original LP. The sound is amazing. And for the real Pseudo Echo fan they would know that The 301 Demo Session is being released to the public for the first time. When a unofficial tape went on Ebay it sold for over $200.00
1980s
Running Up That Hill

Postby 1980s » Tue Nov 01, 2005 12:00 am

This guy is basically saying Brian does not know what he is doing. What kind of fan is he? The fact that a label went out of their way to get a real CD made is what counts. So much good music needs to be out there and the third party labels do it for us. They take that the risk. You know labels like Superfecta and Almacantar. Almacantar told me of 25 other releases they are going to do that would make heads turn.
1980s
Running Up That Hill

Postby AR » Tue Nov 01, 2005 10:50 am

Hi, Talking to Brian Canham today. Everything on the 301 Demos is from a Master tape. For Autumnal Park release almost everything was from a master tape recording. (songs from the best adventures CD) Only a few tracks are from a virgin vinyl.
The master tape no longer exists. Many times a master tape 20 years plus old can not be found or is no longer in good condition. What we have here with Rubellan is a guy that likes things to be done his own way. Also even with a master tape hiss does exist. It took two years to get the rights to release this CD. There are many leagal issues that go in a re-issue. This is the real deal pressed in a number of 2000 CD's.
AR
Switchin' to Glide

Postby Sean » Tue Nov 01, 2005 11:40 am

I got my cd's the other day. My comments:

Artwork - Beautiful, especially Autumnal Park. There's are 2 color photos of the band inside. The artwork for the demo is just ok but it keeps in style with Autumnal Park which is cool. I didn't get the live cd but may get it later.

Audio Autumnal Park - Yes as Rubellan mentions, you will hear some minor vinyl hissing on some of the tracks that weren't on the Best Adventures, especially the ones that start off really quietly. You will only hear it though if you listen to it with headphones or if you are sitting there just trying to really focus on it. If you play it on a normal home or car stereo, you won't notice it. These masters did come from Brian Canham, Mr. Pseudo Echo himself, so we'll have just have to live with it. Maybe Brian should have asked the Pseudo Echo fans for a better copy but he didn't so oh well. Honestly I'm just really happy that this cd has finally been released on a factory pressed silver cd complete with artwork. It's really tough to get one of these reissues done and I congratulate Almacantar on the release.

Audio Demo Sessions - These are demos guys so they will sound like DEMOS. A few were labeled as "home demo" so you know they aren't going to be perfect, especially coming from the 80's. The reaction that I got when listening to these songs is that it's too bad Pseudo Echo didn't release another album similar to Autumnal Park. There's six songs on the here that would have been amazing if they went through the production process.

Anyways, support the indie labels so we can get more of these cool reissues. I don't think EMI was anywhere near going to ever release the Autumnal Park cd.

Man, "Walkaway" and "Fast Cars" sounds just as good as they did about 20 years ago.
Sean
Room at the Top

Postby Sean » Tue Nov 01, 2005 11:47 am

On Autumnal Park, I forgot to mention that the sound quality of the songs themselves are actually excellent. [:)]
Sean
Room at the Top

Postby AR » Tue Nov 01, 2005 11:13 pm

NO THE MASTERS ARE NOT THERE ANYMORE RUBELLEN! We researched this for two years with EMI. Sorry you are wrong you do not know how this one worked! EMI Australia was the only one with the master. That was the only master. EMI america would have had to get it from Australia if they owned it. Trust us. The contracts for Pseudo Echo got all screwed up in the 1980's for Autumnal Park. Please give it up now Rubellan. You do not know the legal issues behind this! THERE ARE NO MASTERs TO BE HAD. This does happen. Do your research. EMI did not do this process you are talking about with this one. They no longer can find it. And after two years of lookig you decide. Why are you making such a issue. Once again there was many legal issues behind this that you have no idea about!
AR
Switchin' to Glide

Postby Rubellan » Tue Nov 01, 2005 11:53 pm

So basically you are saying that you knew there were no masters, and when I asked if tapes were used, you blatantly lied to me and everyone else on this board. Great customer service. Now go take a pill. My post was explaining the standard way things were done back then.
Rubellan
Room at the Top

Postby AR » Wed Nov 02, 2005 12:19 am

RUBELLAN.
Why are you being so impossible?! I am not trying to argue. Let me tell you how this release worked.
First of all not every release or contract is the same as your Cherry Red deal. (Cherry Red does some great work also.)
Not every master was put through the Baking process
and sometimes when it gets to that process some tracks can't be saved.
The reason for even the major labels to use vinyl. That is the only way now to master it.
Labels do not sit there and take time to bake every master.
They spend more time and money on the new artists.

Here is how this released worked.
We put the request in with EMI America almost two years ago.
And at that time they looked for the master and said they do not have it.
They would have to obtain it from Australia. Now first they said yes we could do it.
Then they said they could not find the contracts.
Well it turned out after someone at EMI admitting to us that in 1986 the rights for the world got handed to the band.
Besides Australia and New Zealand. The band had no idea of this until we found this out 20 years later.
Now Brian had some master material. And when he asked EMI for the rest of it they did not preserve it. And told him they no loner have it. This has happened with EMI in Australia before. The band Geisha the greatest hits CD had to be done using some vinyl. And that was released from EMI.( Geisha a great band that toured with Pseudo Echo in the day if you can find it buy it sounds great)
He tried for a year to ask EMI Australia to release it and they said no.

I do not argue with you on some of your points. Yes you are right with many things.
But with this release it did not work that way. After EMI discovered about the ownership things changed from the normal process. Please I am saying this nice.

Brian had his studio guys do the re-mastering. What we have is an argument that you like things to be done your way. Don't we all?
I understand and respect your opinion. I am sure yours sounds good also.
Many studio people disagree on how things get done. But this is Pseudo Echo's music.
And I think that the way it turn out made the band happy. Or they would not have given us the music they did.

Brian and the band are very excited that it was released. It holds many memories for them.
And this was the only way it could be released! No other way.

Now we could have given up after EMI said no. But we kept going for two years
because we knew that the real Pseudo Echo fans would be happy.

And we thank everyone for the support.
As far as a lie. We were given the info from the band.

No hard feelings here. We should enjoy music right?
Let's not argue anymore.
AR
Switchin' to Glide

Postby AR » Wed Nov 02, 2005 6:17 am

Thanks for understanding. We have no problems with suggestions. We will let you know. They are through Sony/BMG. They like to do the mastering. They did our AFOS Dream Come True CD. But you never know.
AR
Switchin' to Glide

Return to News, Reissues & Compilations