Site Announcements

View the results of the New Wave Outpost 20th Anniversary Top Songs Poll here:
http://www.nwoutpost.com/poll/results

Coming Soon: Top Albums Poll. Stay tuned!

Welcome to the new forum!
If you are a previously registered user, you must do the following:

1) Click on 'I forgot my password' at the login prompt
2) Enter your username and email you registered with and submit
3) You will receive an email with an activation link. Please click it and then log in using the random password provided
4) Go to your User Control Panel and click on the Profile tab
5) Click on 'Edit Account Settings' and enter your new password twice followed by the random password provided earlier. Click Submit.
6) That's it...you're back in! You may have to log in again with your new password.

If you forgot your email address, please email me (MikeP) at: mikepaulsen12@gmail.com

Note: you must now use bb code buttons in the Post form for embedded images, YouTube videos, etc.
For example, to post embedded YouTube videos: paste in the link (e.g., http://www.youtube.com/watch?XYZ1234567), highlight it and then click the YouTube button.

Talking Heads- Box set

Talking Heads- Box set

Postby schwenko » Tue Sep 09, 2003 5:05 am

From Rhino Records, released sometime in mid-October. 3 CDs and 1 DVD- the dvd will have the videos from Story Telling Giant plus 3 others (?Flowers", Sax and Violins".
The cds will have some previously unavailable on cd tracks.
I'm sure that the rhino Records web site will have more details, but I feel real lazy right now to post a URL!
schwenko
Room at the Top

Postby schwenko » Sun Sep 11, 2005 9:27 am

schwenko
Room at the Top

Postby oneno » Sun Sep 11, 2005 1:24 pm

lemme know how it is. I may have to spring for it myself!!
oneno
Room at the Top

Postby schwenko » Mon Sep 12, 2005 11:20 am

from talkingheads.net

The eight individual DualDiscs in the upcoming Talking Heads "Brick" boxset will be available separately in January 2006, at least in the US (first four at the beginning of the month, second four at the end of the month).

The "brick" is meant to be an introductory piece to announce the arrival of the remastered discs.

Despite the fabulous list of bonus material included on the DualDisks, there is more uncollected/unreleased material left in the vaults. The reason the reissues are not more "complete" is that unlike a standard CD which can contain up to 80 minutes of music, a DualDisc only holds 60 minutes. So there was simply no room to include more material.
schwenko
Room at the Top

Postby schwenko » Wed Oct 26, 2005 4:06 pm

This little goodie showed up in my mail today!
So far I've just been going into the bonus material. Happily the videos on the dvd side play on my dvd player. Some live performances from 1980s German television show (in color). Yes!! Cities, I Zimbra(!!!), CrossEyed and Painless, Once In a Lifetime- I've never seen any of this!
This is the *?10? person version of TH. With Adrian Belew.
schwenko
Room at the Top

Postby Surly » Wed Oct 26, 2005 9:38 pm

[quote][i]Originally posted by schwenko[/i]
<br>This little goodie showed up in my mail today!
So far I've just been going into the bonus material. Happily the videos on the dvd side play on my dvd player. Some live performances from 1980s German television show (in color). Yes!! Cities, I Zimbra(!!!), CrossEyed and Painless, Once In a Lifetime- I've never seen any of this!
This is the *?10? person version of TH. With Adrian Belew.
[/quote]

This set is INCREDIBLE - the DVD-Audio versions of the album are absolutely breathtaking. These are by far some of the best 5.1 albums I own - there's so much detail I'm hearing now that I never noticed in these records before!

"Words like conviction can turn into a sentence"
Surly
The Jet Set

Postby schwenko » Thu Oct 27, 2005 1:49 am

Working backwards in time, there are videos from the mid 70s, recorded performances in Sproul Plaza, Berkeley CA, and the Entremedia theater (wherever that is/was). And i haven't yet watched one from the Kitchen, 1976!!
Too bad that there is no way to tell what CD you pull out of the box, since only the spines are exposed, and there is no writing on them.
schwenko
Room at the Top

Return to News, Reissues & Compilations