Site Announcements
Congratulations to
Bellenger1981

View the results of the New Wave Outpost 20th Anniversary Top Songs Poll here:
http://www.nwoutpost.com/poll/results

Coming Soon: Top Albums Poll. Stay tuned!

Welcome to the new forum!
If you are a previously registered user, you must do the following:

1) Click on 'I forgot my password' at the login prompt
2) Enter your username and email you registered with and submit
3) You will receive an email with an activation link. Please click it and then log in using the random password provided
4) Go to your User Control Panel and click on the Profile tab
5) Click on 'Edit Account Settings' and enter your new password twice followed by the random password provided earlier. Click Submit.
6) That's it...you're back in! You may have to log in again with your new password.

If you forgot your email address, please email me (MikeP) at: mikepaulsen12@gmail.com

Note: you must now use bb code buttons in the Post form for embedded images, YouTube videos, etc.
For example, to post embedded YouTube videos: paste in the link (e.g., http://www.youtube.com/watch?XYZ1234567), highlight it and then click the YouTube button.

fucking human league 12" mixes....

fucking human league 12" mixes....

Postby bruiser » Fri Nov 18, 2005 7:50 am

...which i was so excited about, remember? i finally got a copy. everything is fine and dandy, but i'm not happy about the "human" mix, or the "heart like a wheel" mix, because i feel like stuff from "dare" or GASP "fascination" extended or "i love you too much" could have been on there.

anyway, "fascination" improvisation comes on, and let me tell you that this is the reason why i bought this cd, and i'm all hapy to finally have it digital and remastered, and....

IT FUCKING FADES OUT. not the abrupt tape slurred ending, the thing that made this thing so unique and fun. nope, they edited it out. but HEY, HERE'S FUCKING "HUMAN"! WOW!

i'm PISSED.
bruiser
The Jet Set

Postby swerve » Fri Nov 18, 2005 8:22 am

bruiser... how do you really feel? [:D]
swerve
Personal Jesus

Postby Sean » Fri Nov 18, 2005 10:13 am

The song that always trips me out is the extended version for "Don't You Want Me". How come they didn't include any vocals on there? My 12" is the same way but I've heard that there was an vocal extended version. Can anyone confirm? I agree with Bruiser though on the "I Love You Too Much" and "Fascination" extended versions. They should have been on there.
Sean
Room at the Top

Postby yipyipcoyote » Fri Nov 18, 2005 12:23 pm

I agree it's mighty annoying when they fade out abrupt endings. The other example I can think of is Joolz [i]The Kiss[/i] (dub mix). It was as stupid as fading out say, 'Cantonese Boy' by Japan [xx(]

I guess you'll have to make do with the lousy Fascination 3" cd single for now..
yipyipcoyote
The Jet Set

Postby Surly » Sat Nov 19, 2005 3:06 am

Damn! That's two reissues that have failed to live up to expectations. I certainly didn't want to hear a early fade on that track! Oh well, it's still a cool collection. But between this and the reissue of Alphabet City by ABC that is missing the 7" mix of "When Smokey Sings," it's been a disappointing week.

Also, the Yello reissues are very cool, but I wish they would have including the 7" mix of "I Love You."

"Words like conviction can turn into a sentence"
Surly
The Jet Set

Postby pinkyblue82 » Sat Nov 19, 2005 11:42 am

I'm glad someone mentioned Yello's I Love You on the new remaster. I just assumed when I bought it that I would get the version on the US LP that I love so much (which is the same as the video version?). I guess the original European LP release had a unique version of the song. Needless to say I'm extremely disappointed. I guess I need the original Elektra release in order to have this version on cd. I am a little confused about these differences so if someone could shed some light on this I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks!
pinkyblue82
Personal Jesus

Postby swerve » Sat Nov 19, 2005 9:55 pm

[quote][i]Originally posted by Sean[/i]
<br>The song that always trips me out is the extended version for "Don't You Want Me". How come they didn't include any vocals on there? My 12" is the same way but I've heard that there was an vocal extended version. Can anyone confirm? I agree with Bruiser though on the "I Love You Too Much" and "Fascination" extended versions. They should have been on there.
[/quote]

Sean: As I suspected and due to the lack of any confirmation from a thread I started early last year it would appear there never was...

http://www.nwoutpost.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=1142
swerve
Personal Jesus

Postby Sean » Mon Nov 21, 2005 3:36 am

Thanks Swerve. Just amazing that a song that big and that good doesn't really have a real bonafied 12" extended version.
Sean
Room at the Top

Postby MARV » Mon Nov 21, 2005 12:29 pm

I'm almost afraid to buy it now [:(] But I probably will anyway [:p]

:::::::::: |-o-| (-o-) |-o-| ::::::::::
MARV
Room at the Top

Postby yipyipcoyote » Mon Nov 21, 2005 3:30 pm

It's still a great collection despite all the shortcomings, better than any of the other HL Greatest Hits before imho.

We know A LOT is missing from the Yello remasters. To fit everything on them they would probably have to be double CD's. Let's just look at [i]You gotta say yes[/i]

I Love You (the aforementioned early mix) + extended version 7.00
Heavy Whispers 5.00 (12" b-side)
You gotta say yes to another excess (US + German disco mixes)
Lost Again (extended)
No More Words (extended)
Two Worlds (bonus on UK cassette)
Live at the Roxy 15.00 (non album)

I'll have to dig up the original CD to see what version of I Love You is on there..
yipyipcoyote
The Jet Set

Postby schwenko » Mon Nov 21, 2005 9:58 pm

[quote][i]Originally posted by yipyipcoyote[/i]
<br>It's still a great collection despite all the shortcomings, better than any of the other HL Greatest Hits before imho.

We know A LOT is missing from the Yello remasters. To fit everything on them they would probably have to be double CD's. Let's just look at [i]You gotta say yes[/i]

I Love You (the aforementioned early mix) + extended version 7.00
Heavy Whispers 5.00 (12" b-side)
You gotta say yes to another excess (US + German disco mixes)
Lost Again (extended)
No More Words (extended)
Two Worlds (bonus on UK cassette)
Live at the Roxy 15.00 (non album)

I'll have to dig up the original CD to see what version of I Love You is on there..

[/quote]

The situation is similar for other box-set re-issues this year.
1. Talking Heads- a number of tracks missing.
2. Eurythmics- previously discussed in another thread, even missing a whole album!!(1984)
3. Kraftwerk-not even released!!
[8D]

oh well, there's always Abba to show that someone can do it right-9 cds and 2 dvds [8D]
schwenko
Room at the Top

Postby DJ Wave » Mon Nov 21, 2005 10:42 pm

[quote][i]Originally posted by swerve[/i]
<br>Sean: As I suspected and due to the lack of any confirmation from a thread I started early last year it would appear there never was...

http://www.nwoutpost.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=1142

[/quote]

Will have to look thru the Vinyl this weekend and see what H.L. 12" I have. [^]
I missed your post the first time.

Why he does not ask me. [:(]
DJ Wave
Personal Jesus

Return to News, Reissues & Compilations