Site Announcements

View the results of the New Wave Outpost 20th Anniversary Top Songs Poll here:
http://www.nwoutpost.com/poll/results

Coming Soon: Top Albums Poll. Stay tuned!

Welcome to the new forum!
If you are a previously registered user, you must do the following:

1) Click on 'I forgot my password' at the login prompt
2) Enter your username and email you registered with and submit
3) You will receive an email with an activation link. Please click it and then log in using the random password provided
4) Go to your User Control Panel and click on the Profile tab
5) Click on 'Edit Account Settings' and enter your new password twice followed by the random password provided earlier. Click Submit.
6) That's it...you're back in! You may have to log in again with your new password.

If you forgot your email address, please email me (MikeP) at: mikepaulsen12@gmail.com

Note: you must now use bb code buttons in the Post form for embedded images, YouTube videos, etc.
For example, to post embedded YouTube videos: paste in the link (e.g., http://www.youtube.com/watch?XYZ1234567), highlight it and then click the YouTube button.

Eurythmics Box Set at Amazon.com

Postby obs » Tue Dec 06, 2005 2:56 am

Anyone want to give a review? How is the remastering? Hope it's not just the same but with the levels normalised. I'm rather disappointed with the bonus tracks on the earlier albums but I guess I should hear the bonus tracks first [:)]. I just wish they included some of the alternate version on "Sweet Dreams", such as "Let's Just Close Our Eyes".

edit// Okay, nevermind. The local stores finally got the boxset in so I bought it. A bit more than the 80EUR price in DE but at least I don't have to worry about it getting bashed up during shipping. Strange, the boxset is EU but the few individual CDs they had was CA.
obs
Room at the Top

Postby elektrikblu » Wed Dec 07, 2005 11:24 pm

Eurythmics - Boxed (8cd) (Limited Edition) - Import CD
www.cduniverse.com $94.09
97.08 (including shipping)

Shipping on additional items =$1.00 ea.

elektrikblu
"Don't look at the carpet. I threw something awful on it!"
elektrikblu
Personal Jesus

Postby obs » Thu Dec 08, 2005 8:32 am

The sound quality isn't exceptional, although I haven't compared it to the original releases. Nice packaging. Too bad about the digipak (Sweet Dreams came with blown out teeth). Booklets have lots of photos and a nice write-up in each but what happened to the lyrics? Disappointing that the only difference between the boxset and buying the discs individually is the box. Well, what do you expect from the jackasses at Sony? At least it isn't copy-controlled with that rootkit stuff.
obs
Room at the Top

Postby BHols » Sat Dec 10, 2005 12:41 pm

OK - the positive first. LOVED the artwork. Especially on Savage. Annie never looked better than when she had her tits push up to her chin! Great to finally have things like Grown Up Girls & Tous Les Garcons Et Les Filles on CD - hissing & all.

Now for the mumping part: I really wish 1984 also could've been remastered. I wanted ALL of the Sweet Dreams/Touch era tracks. Where were Invisible Hands, Let's Just CLose Our Eyes & I Could Give You A Mirror (Alternate version)? The same song appears on Touch twice (Paint A Rumour) & the same thing happens on Be Yourself Tonight w/Would I Lie To You? Digi packs are evil & the Box set should've had a book with all of the song lyrics to everything inside.

Done now, taking my bitterness elsewhere,
B
x
BHols
Personal Jesus

Postby obs » Sat Dec 10, 2005 9:35 pm

I totally agree with your gripes.

1984 is my favourite Eurythmics album so it was disappointing not to have a release of that with extra tracks as well, although not surprising since it's on a Virgin.

At the official Annie Lennox site, some fans were saying that the 12" version of Beethoven wasn't the same as what's on the 12" single. Strange.
obs
Room at the Top

Postby BHols » Wed Dec 14, 2005 7:36 am

AH YET ANOTHER GRIPE I FORGOT ABOUT! That Beethoven remix... wtf was that about? I didn't hate it but it wasn't the original 12 inch recoding from way back when. This is the reason I saved all of my vinyl. I'm pretty sure that orginal 12 inch version also made it to the CD single btw. Must look later.

I'd love to see a singles box set come out. I'd love them to copy the most recent Blondie box set as a matter of fact. They could put all of the left out tracks on those.
BHols
Personal Jesus

Postby obs » Wed Dec 14, 2005 8:35 am

Here's a mix of Beethoven that may be more like what you are looking for:
http://s12.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=1YQE ... TBPC9WP5E1

Back in the Napster days, I met some dude online who had this Asian Eurythmics remixes CD. He didn't tell me the name and I haven't been able to find any info from it but the quality is pretty good. The funny thing is, these versions are not 100% identical to the 12" versions. From comparing them to the few 12"s I have, they are mostly the same but re-edited slightly. Check it out.
obs
Room at the Top

Previous

Return to News, Reissues & Compilations