Site Announcements

View the results of the New Wave Outpost 20th Anniversary Top Songs Poll here:
http://www.nwoutpost.com/poll/results

Coming Soon: Top Albums Poll. Stay tuned!

Welcome to the new forum!
If you are a previously registered user, you must do the following:

1) Click on 'I forgot my password' at the login prompt
2) Enter your username and email you registered with and submit
3) You will receive an email with an activation link. Please click it and then log in using the random password provided
4) Go to your User Control Panel and click on the Profile tab
5) Click on 'Edit Account Settings' and enter your new password twice followed by the random password provided earlier. Click Submit.
6) That's it...you're back in! You may have to log in again with your new password.

If you forgot your email address, please email me (MikeP) at: mikepaulsen12@gmail.com

Note: you must now use bb code buttons in the Post form for embedded images, YouTube videos, etc.
For example, to post embedded YouTube videos: paste in the link (e.g., http://www.youtube.com/watch?XYZ1234567), highlight it and then click the YouTube button.

THE COLOURFIELD-VIRGINS AND PHILISTINES

THE COLOURFIELD-VIRGINS AND PHILISTINES

Postby fanciz » Wed Dec 14, 2005 5:24 am

Amazon has announced the release of the album Virgins and Philistines. Quite a number of dudes, including myself, consider this album as the second best NW album ever. If U don't believe us, check its price, a cool $260! I am fortunate to have 2 copies of this album so..... I am rich ahahah
This is Amazon announcement:
Availability: This title will be released on January 1, 2011. You may order it now and we will ship it to you when it arrives. Ships from and sold by Amazon.com.

Did U notice something?

The date!!!!! 2011, Gosh, it will be quite a long wait, enough time to get married, make 3 kids and lose interest ahahah

Anyway, between you and me, I suspect a mistake, it could be January 2006, so.... be alert, watch for further announcements and grab a copy![:D]
fanciz
The Jet Set

Postby Synthpopfan » Wed Dec 14, 2005 1:03 pm

Thanks for the info. I will keep an eye out for that GEM.It is a classic.
Synthpopfan
Room at the Top

Postby neworder » Thu Dec 15, 2005 7:17 pm

Great news , I hope it is 2006 because i really want this on cd.
neworder
Take On Me

Postby fanciz » Fri Dec 16, 2005 4:39 am

Actually there is an alternative if U don't have Virgins and Philistines..... You can get Terry Hall: The Collection. A 18 tracks Chrysalis release which cost $9.99 only.The first 9 tracks feature Fun Boy Three, his former band and then, then....U will find at least 4 mega Hits of Colourfield, namely: Castles In The Air, Windmills Of Your Mind, Thinking Of You and .... The Colourfield.

This is a review from a dude in Amazon:

I fought for this CD literally when the seller, who happens to be a good friend of mine, wanted to have it sold to someone other than me on the grounds that I was trying to get it on a later date. BUT SORRY BECAUSE I WON!!! This is definitely a DAMN GOOD COLLECTION which is true to it's title --- COLLECTION. This spans Terry Hall's very colourful and diverse musical career. My personal favorite is MISSING and the cut with Bananarama (the title's too long). Also, it has some very delicious tracks from his Colourfield days.But the cut SORRY from Virgins and Philistines album was sadly overlooked (am also a proud owner of that CD, a rare classic). Anyway, in toto, this is truly a good CD and the diversity in sound is just sooooo amazing. Too bad that after Vegas (Hall's collaboration with ex-Eurythmics Dave Stewart), Mr. Hall isn't very much visible. So much talent for one guy I should say. Love this CD.

I would agree that Sorry is also a beautiful song but saying that Missing is his favorite of this album???? He might have taken some chemicals.... To be frank, Missing is also good but the 4 songs I cited are really the best![:D]
fanciz
The Jet Set

Postby Gavin » Sun Dec 18, 2005 4:05 am

I have a Japanese copy of this with the original UK track listing (different from US) +10 bonus tracks. It's really great, but it cost me over $80 on Ebay.
Gavin
Switchin' to Glide

Postby Rubbeet921 » Mon Dec 19, 2005 1:01 am

Wow, I am so pleased to know that there are other people in this board who dig The Colourfield! (Of course, you don't surprise me, fanciz![;)])

I have the albums "Virgins and Philistines" as well as "Deception" and both are absolutely highly-recommended!
Rubbeet921
Room at the Top

Postby marie3 » Mon Dec 19, 2005 2:55 am

I really like the Colourfield a lot, but I don't have any of their cds or albums. It seems crazy that "Virgins and Philstines" isn't coming out until 2011!! What the hell???
I think I will buy "The Collection" and check it.
marie3
Der Kommissar

Postby Grunch » Mon Dec 19, 2005 7:32 am

The 2011 must be a mis-print. I have the import with the 10 bonus tracks, quite a few people downloaded it from me on the hub a while back, maybe someone has it available. Deception, while not quite as good IMO, is still very nice and worth having, especially if you get the one with bonus tracks.
Grunch
Room at the Top

Postby Panorama » Sun Jan 01, 2006 11:07 pm

http://www.musicstack.com/item/1382663/ ... irgins+and
$50.95

Here's an idea -- 12 of us pitch in $5 each and then share the files at 320 kbps with the others that pitch in.
Anyone?

---------------------------
"Photography with a Vision"
http://www.cooganphoto.com
Panorama
Room at the Top

Postby fanciz » Mon Jan 02, 2006 6:20 am

[quote][i]Originally posted by Dan Coogan[/i]
<br>http://www.musicstack.com/item/1382663/colour+field/virgins+and
$50.95

Here's an idea -- 12 of us pitch in $5 each and then share the files at 320 kbps with the others that pitch in.
Anyone?

[/quote]

Colour Field?????? Virgins And Philistines

Colourfield is spelled with one word, it means that this merchant has never seen the album, doesn't know what he is talking about. Personally, I'm not interested, I have already 2 Japanese copies, however if the CD is released, I will buy two copies for the sake of the collection and another ten copies to distribute to my friends as gift.[:D].If you wish to have a specific song, I can send it to you, but not the whole album.[;)]
fanciz
The Jet Set

Postby GlitteringPrize » Mon Jan 02, 2006 7:09 am

I have Virgins and Philistines on vinyl , does this count?
GlitteringPrize
Take On Me

Postby Panorama » Mon Jan 02, 2006 7:40 am

[quote][i]Originally posted by fanciz[/i]
Colour Field?????? Virgins And Philistines

Colourfield is spelled with one word, it means that this merchant has never seen the album, doesn't know what he is talking about. Personally, I'm not interested, I have already 2 Japanese copies, however if the CD is released, I will buy two copies for the sake of the collection and another ten copies to distribute to my friends as gift.[:D].If you wish to have a specific song, I can send it to you, but not the whole album.[;)][/quote]
You are correct it is The Colourfield according to:
http://www.allmusic.com/cg/amg.dll?p=am ... w67uy0h0jh
http://www.allmusic.com/cg/amg.dll?p=am ... q7g4hntv5z

I've got 4 of their songs in mp3
1. Can't Get Enough of You Baby @ 320
2. Pushing Up The Daisies @ 128
4. Castles in the Air @ 128
6. Thinking Of You @ 192

My girlfriend in 1988 put 'Can't Get Enough of You Baby' on a mix tape (she entitled the tape: "She was 17" ...because she was 17 when we met) and I've loved that song ever since. I've not heard the entire album, but if the rest is as good as those 4 tracks I need to own this cd in some form or another. The Colourfield are fantastic!

Can you reccomend any other tracks worth checking out, or is the entire cd just as excellent?

---------------------------
"Photography with a Vision"
http://www.cooganphoto.com
Panorama
Room at the Top

Postby JohnPaulGeorgeRingo » Mon Jan 02, 2006 10:49 am

[quote][i]Originally posted by GlitteringPrize[/i]
<br>I have Virgins and Philistines on vinyl , does this count?
[/quote]

of course! but there are bonus tracks on cds that never (or will) appear on a double lp. [:D]

Postby JohnPaulGeorgeRingo » Mon Jan 02, 2006 10:58 am

Every song is a masterpiece.

This thread made me grab my cd now and play it.

Thinking Of You
Faint Hearts
Castles In The Air
Take
Cruel Circus
Hammond Song
Virgins And Philistines
Yours Sincerely
Armchair Theatre
Sorry

BONUS:
The Colourfield
Windmills Of Your Mind
Pushing Up The Daisies
Thinking Of You (Singalong Version)
My Wild Flame
Little Things
Castles In The Air (Extended Version)
Your Love Was Smashing
I Can't Get Enough Of You Baby
Things Could Be So Beautiful

10 beautiful songs plus 10 amazing tracks as a bonus.
I love this CD.

Postby Jason² » Mon Jan 02, 2006 3:05 pm

Actually, it's "The Colour Field". For whatever the reason the first few singles listed it as "Colourfield" but by the time V&P was released it was two words - and Deception left it as two words.

However, even with all that sleuthing, I actually got the confirmed word from Mr Hall himself.
Jason²
The Jet Set

Next

Return to News, Reissues & Compilations