Site Announcements

View the results of the New Wave Outpost 20th Anniversary Top Songs Poll here:
http://www.nwoutpost.com/poll/results

Coming Soon: Top Albums Poll. Stay tuned!

Welcome to the new forum!
If you are a previously registered user, you must do the following:

1) Click on 'I forgot my password' at the login prompt
2) Enter your username and email you registered with and submit
3) You will receive an email with an activation link. Please click it and then log in using the random password provided
4) Go to your User Control Panel and click on the Profile tab
5) Click on 'Edit Account Settings' and enter your new password twice followed by the random password provided earlier. Click Submit.
6) That's it...you're back in! You may have to log in again with your new password.

If you forgot your email address, please email me (MikeP) at: mikepaulsen12@gmail.com

Note: you must now use bb code buttons in the Post form for embedded images, YouTube videos, etc.
For example, to post embedded YouTube videos: paste in the link (e.g., http://www.youtube.com/watch?XYZ1234567), highlight it and then click the YouTube button.

Heartbreakers "Down To Kill"

Heartbreakers "Down To Kill"

Postby Borneojimy » Wed Dec 14, 2005 7:56 am

Just got a copy of this yesterday & man, is it a must for any Johnny Thunders fans! The first disc is "raw & rare" demo recordings, mostly of stuff that you'll already know, but the real treasures here are Walter Lure & the Ramones version of "Street Fighting Man", as well as two studio versions of "Too Much Junkie Business", one of Waldo's best vocals. Disc two is the complete concert from the Speakeasy in London & disc three is a live DVD.
Borneojimy
The Jet Set

Postby xtc-1957 » Fri Dec 23, 2005 1:01 am

[quote]Originally posted by Borneojimy
[br]Just got a copy of this yesterday & man, is it a must for any Johnny Thunders fans! The first disc is "raw & rare" demo recordings, mostly of stuff that you'll already know, but the real treasures here are Walter Lure & the Ramones version of "Street Fighting Man", as well as two studio versions of "Too Much Junkie Business", one of Waldo's best vocals. Disc two is the complete concert from the Speakeasy in London & disc three is a live DVD.
[/quote]

Born,

Thanks for the update. I like Thunders, but it seems like the few recordings I have by him were always poor quality (low-sounding, muffled...etc). Granted, my stuff was bought 25 years ago on vinyl. That's not the case, here?
xtc-1957
Personal Jesus

Postby Borneojimy » Fri Dec 23, 2005 1:30 am

For the most part, the sound is pretty good. Some of the demos are a bit on the raw side, but very listenable. The DVD is kind of a waste though for the most part.
Borneojimy
The Jet Set

Return to News, Reissues & Compilations