Site Announcements

View the results of the New Wave Outpost 20th Anniversary Top Songs Poll here:
http://www.nwoutpost.com/poll/results

Coming Soon: Top Albums Poll. Stay tuned!

Welcome to the new forum!
If you are a previously registered user, you must do the following:

1) Click on 'I forgot my password' at the login prompt
2) Enter your username and email you registered with and submit
3) You will receive an email with an activation link. Please click it and then log in using the random password provided
4) Go to your User Control Panel and click on the Profile tab
5) Click on 'Edit Account Settings' and enter your new password twice followed by the random password provided earlier. Click Submit.
6) That's it...you're back in! You may have to log in again with your new password.

If you forgot your email address, please email me (MikeP) at: mikepaulsen12@gmail.com

Note: you must now use bb code buttons in the Post form for embedded images, YouTube videos, etc.
For example, to post embedded YouTube videos: paste in the link (e.g., http://www.youtube.com/watch?XYZ1234567), highlight it and then click the YouTube button.

Lowlife reissues!

Lowlife reissues!

Postby goutroy » Mon Dec 19, 2005 1:46 pm

My favorite dream-pop band of all time, Lowlife, is reissuing their rare vinyl-only early records on CD! This band was founded from the remains of dream pop/psychobilly band (yes, they really varies stylistically) Dead Neighbors with Will Hedgie, the original bassist from Cocteau Twins. They made some of the most incredily beautiful music ever, sounding something like a mix between Joy Division and early Cocteau Twins.
http://www.permanentsleep.com/band.html
Their site has all this news. It also has songs and videos, so if you've never heard them, I suggest you do so now.
goutroy
Personal Jesus

Postby gazebo » Tue Dec 20, 2005 5:26 am

gazebo
Personal Jesus

Postby xtc-1957 » Fri Dec 23, 2005 1:26 am

[quote]Originally posted by goutroy
[br]My favorite dream-pop band of all time, Lowlife, is reissuing their rare vinyl-only early records on CD! This band was founded from the remains of dream pop/psychobilly band (yes, they really varies stylistically) Dead Neighbors with Will Hedgie, the original bassist from Cocteau Twins. They made some of the most incredily beautiful music ever, sounding something like a mix between Joy Division and early Cocteau Twins.
http://www.permanentsleep.com/band.html
Their site has all this news. It also has songs and videos, so if you've never heard them, I suggest you do so now.
[/quote]

Goutroy,

That's good stuff! Thanks for supplying that info!
xtc-1957
Personal Jesus

Postby darkluna » Sat Dec 24, 2005 2:05 pm

Sweet, I've been looking for Permanent Sleep for a long time. This band was virtually non-existant even during their "active" years, but I enjoyed them
darkluna
Take On Me

Postby fanciz » Sat Dec 24, 2005 11:25 pm

I have only the song Hollow Gut released on the 12" Vain Delight and it's kind of nice. I'm going to look for the CD From A Scream To A Whisper if it is still available![:)]
fanciz
The Jet Set

Postby darkluna » Sun Dec 25, 2005 5:57 pm

Here's a link to a biography of lowlife -- learned more about them in one article than everything I'd gleemed over the years

http://www.ltmpub.freeserve.co.uk/lowlifebio.html
darkluna
Take On Me

Postby fanciz » Mon Dec 26, 2005 1:31 am

Thanx for those links as it solves the problem of looking desperately for the CD's on ebay. BTW, LTM has also The Field Mice, The Room and The Wake.
fanciz
The Jet Set

Postby newwaveasshole » Thu Jan 12, 2006 7:14 pm

hey Francis,

don't worry the reissues will have your hollow gut plus more hehehehe

so you're into the fieldmice as well?
newwaveasshole
Running Up That Hill

Postby fanciz » Sat Jan 14, 2006 10:38 pm

[quote][i]Originally posted by newwaveasshole[/i]
<br>hey Francis,

don't worry the reissues will have your hollow gut plus more hehehehe

so you're into the fieldmice as well?

[/quote]

Yeps for a start, I will order Snowball & Singles, my only problem is whether to order it directly from Amazon $21.99 or from a merchant $13.58. [;)]
fanciz
The Jet Set

Postby greenhorn » Mon Jan 23, 2006 1:13 pm

hey Francis,

what you're mellowing down hehehee, just kidding, enjoy the fieldmice. i would recommend sea urchins, primal scream and the wake for you.
greenhorn
Running Up That Hill

Postby fanciz » Tue Jan 24, 2006 5:29 am

[quote][i]Originally posted by greenhorn[/i]
<br>hey Francis,

what you're mellowing down hehehee, just kidding, enjoy the fieldmice. i would recommend sea urchins, primal scream and the wake for you.
[/quote]

I have already The Wake, I don't like Primal Scream except their early material and I hate sea urchins coz I stepped on one as a kid....Just kidding about the hate thing but it's true for the urchin, I had to put vaseline for days to bring out the needles one by one.[:D]
fanciz
The Jet Set

Postby gagu guy lakay » Wed Jan 25, 2006 12:49 am

[quote][i]Originally posted by fanciz[/i]
<br>[quote][i]Originally posted by greenhorn[/i]
<br>hey Francis,

[/quote]

I have already The Wake, I don't like Primal Scream except their early material and I hate sea urchins coz I stepped on one as a kid....Just kidding about the hate thing but it's true for the urchin, I had to put vaseline for days to bring out the needles one by one.[:D]
[/quote]

Hey Lakay,

I think you're undergoing a "mellowing down" stage...in with the smooth-sounding tunes...out with the edgy goth tunes hehehe! I would second Greenhorn's suggestion on the Sea Urchins.They're good. But if it brings back "painful" memories, then..well...[:D]
gagu guy lakay
Running Up That Hill

Postby fanciz » Fri Jan 27, 2006 6:07 pm

[quote][i]Originally posted by gagu guy lakay[/i]
<br>[quote][i]Originally posted by fanciz[/i]
<br>[quote][i]Originally posted by greenhorn[/i]
<br>hey Francis,

[/quote]

[/quote]

Hey Lakay,

I think you're undergoing a "mellowing down" stage...in with the smooth-sounding tunes...out with the edgy goth tunes hehehe! I would second Greenhorn's suggestion on the Sea Urchins.They're good. But if it brings back "painful" memories, then..well...[:D]
[/quote]

Nan...der is no mellowing down but once in a while, after listening to Gene shouting at Jezebel, I like to relax with the Field Mice... or in Fields Avenue in the City Of Angels![:D][:D]
fanciz
The Jet Set

Return to News, Reissues & Compilations