Site Announcements

View the results of the New Wave Outpost 20th Anniversary Top Songs Poll here:
http://www.nwoutpost.com/poll/results

Coming Soon: Top Albums Poll. Stay tuned!

Welcome to the new forum!
If you are a previously registered user, you must do the following:

1) Click on 'I forgot my password' at the login prompt
2) Enter your username and email you registered with and submit
3) You will receive an email with an activation link. Please click it and then log in using the random password provided
4) Go to your User Control Panel and click on the Profile tab
5) Click on 'Edit Account Settings' and enter your new password twice followed by the random password provided earlier. Click Submit.
6) That's it...you're back in! You may have to log in again with your new password.

If you forgot your email address, please email me (MikeP) at: mikepaulsen12@gmail.com

Note: you must now use bb code buttons in the Post form for embedded images, YouTube videos, etc.
For example, to post embedded YouTube videos: paste in the link (e.g., http://www.youtube.com/watch?XYZ1234567), highlight it and then click the YouTube button.

Romeo Void - Benefactors

Romeo Void - Benefactors

Postby gazebo » Wed Dec 21, 2005 6:36 am

Romeo Void - Benefactors
WOUNDED BIRD RECORDS

01. Never Say Never
02. Wrap It Up
03. Flashflood
04. Undercover Kept
05. Ventilation
06. Chinatown
07. Orange
08. Shake The Hands Of Time
09. S. O. S.

Bonus Tracks:

10. Never Say Never - (12" Single Version)
11. In The Dark - (12" Single Version)
12. Present Tense - (12" Single Version)
13. Not Safe - (12" Single Version
gazebo
Personal Jesus

Postby Borneojimy » Wed Dec 21, 2005 7:01 am

awesome! Romeo Void was a criminally underrated band! I'm looking forward to picking this one up.
Borneojimy
The Jet Set

Postby Gavin » Wed Dec 21, 2005 10:51 am

Underrated for sure. I just bought the "Warm, In Your Coat" anthology and it's awesome.
Gavin
Switchin' to Glide

Postby Rubellan » Wed Dec 21, 2005 11:07 am

I just received my copy from Wounded Bird. I love it! Though it is short on the artwork, it is high in quality sound. I'm amazed it's taken so long for these classics to appear on CD, but I'm happy to see it finally happen.
Though the CD is not officially released until mid-January, it can be bought now from the Wounded Bird website.

Scott
Rubellan
Room at the Top

Postby fanciz » Wed Dec 21, 2005 3:37 pm

When my friend recently went to Amoeba to buy me a few CD's, Benefactors and Instincts were on my wanted list. He didn't see Benefactors but he saw Instincts and ..............didn't buy it! Grrrrrrrrrrr! Well, I guess, he got confused since Benefactors was listed towards the top of the list and Instincts towards the bottom. I could not complain since he bought me a few goodies like Rapture-Siouxsie, the last album which was missing to complete my SATB collection..... Going back to Romeo Void, it's a great underrated band like Cactus World News, The Sound etc. They have two Mega Hits: Girl In Trouble and Never Say Never,I love them both. Their Best Of: Warm, In Your Coat, mentioned earlier was one of the first CD, I directly imported. The interest of Benefactors is that it has the extended version of Never Say Never! If U see it grab it and next get Instincts!
fanciz
The Jet Set

Postby Surly » Thu Dec 22, 2005 12:19 am

I'll be ordering this today! You know, I emailed them after their release of Instincts, asking if they could do the same for Benefactor and It's A Condition. They sent back an email to me that just said "Can't get the rights." I'm glad they were finally able to do so, at least for Benefactor!

Remember: this label bases its releases on the emails they receive from fans. They seem to do mostly music from Sony (Columbia/Epic, etc) and Rhino (Warner Bros, Atlantic, Elektra, Atco, Reprise, etc.) If you want them to release something, email them! There's a link to email on the site.

I've emailed them in the past about One To One (Warner Bros, 1986) and Limited Warranty (Atco, 1986). I keep hoping others will as well! It worked for Kissing The Pink; it can work again!

"Words like conviction can turn into a sentence"
Surly
The Jet Set

Postby DavePlym » Fri Dec 23, 2005 4:13 am

I hate to sound ignorant, but what sort of music did romeo void do? ie. who else do the sound like etc?
thanks for any forthcoming enlightenment
david
DavePlym
Take On Me

Postby fanciz » Fri Dec 23, 2005 8:50 am

The first time I heard Romeo Void, I was climbing the stairs of Klub 102 leading to the small room where bands would perform in front of a cramped audience. There was no band but my friend playing Girl In Trouble and everybody was singing the lyrics at the top of their voices! That's it, Girl In trouble and Never Say Never are 2 extremely catchy songs which will get stuck in your brain until you get the CD. So my advice, get at least the Best Of and you will thank us later....[:D]
fanciz
The Jet Set

Return to News, Reissues & Compilations