Site Announcements

View the results of the New Wave Outpost 20th Anniversary Top Songs Poll here:
http://www.nwoutpost.com/poll/results

Coming Soon: Top Albums Poll. Stay tuned!

Welcome to the new forum!
If you are a previously registered user, you must do the following:

1) Click on 'I forgot my password' at the login prompt
2) Enter your username and email you registered with and submit
3) You will receive an email with an activation link. Please click it and then log in using the random password provided
4) Go to your User Control Panel and click on the Profile tab
5) Click on 'Edit Account Settings' and enter your new password twice followed by the random password provided earlier. Click Submit.
6) That's it...you're back in! You may have to log in again with your new password.

If you forgot your email address, please email me (MikeP) at: mikepaulsen12@gmail.com

Note: you must now use bb code buttons in the Post form for embedded images, YouTube videos, etc.
For example, to post embedded YouTube videos: paste in the link (e.g., http://www.youtube.com/watch?XYZ1234567), highlight it and then click the YouTube button.

Is anyone putting this on the hub?

Is anyone putting this on the hub?

Postby Frayo » Sun Jan 01, 2006 11:11 pm

I am well equipped with an elite sence of bad timing...

In that, I always seem to come around when there is nothing present.

So I am wondering...does someone have a big folder of this stuff on the hub or something?

Sorry for being all dumb and stuff.

rfrayo@gmail.com
AIM: RaiyoKun (Im online almost all the time)
This thing: http://www.livejournal.com/users/Illian_Video
Frayo
Room at the Top

Postby Frau_Blucher » Mon Jan 02, 2006 12:20 am

Tiger has a gig of all this stuff that he maniacally retagged and cataloged! I DL'd it all from him too. Once he gets back up and running, it should be available. Big thanks to mskremembers and others for all the juicey nuggets. Sorry if there hasn't as much thanks as there should have been...I think we were all just overwhelmed by the sheer mass of downloads. But thanks!
Frau_Blucher
Room at the Top

Postby Grunch » Mon Jan 02, 2006 5:55 am

I'd post lots of things for downloading here but it seems it takes forever for me to send one track via yousendit.com. After 5 minutes, it is still working on one track (mine are pretty much all at 320kbps) so I gave up thinking it would take way too long. Any suggestions how to load them up faster?? I've got tons of obscure power po, new wave, punk, etc......just so frustrating trying to get a song loaded. I upload them to my PC no problem, it is getting them to a file for sharing via a link that seems top take forever.
Grunch
Room at the Top

Postby Frau_Blucher » Mon Jan 02, 2006 6:02 am

Sorry Grunch - well, we're sorry actually - but these things just take a long time to upload, especially if you're on an asymmetric internet connection that has much faster downloads than uploads. My 150meg cover comp for example took over an hour. You might consider zipping them into mini-comps of around 100megs, set it to upload, and just let it churn while you're away. The zipping won't get mpegs any smaller, just get's it all into one file.
Frau_Blucher
Room at the Top

Postby Grunch » Mon Jan 02, 2006 6:06 am

I have a cable modem. How exactly do I zip stuff?
Grunch
Room at the Top

Postby Frau_Blucher » Mon Jan 02, 2006 6:22 am

[quote][i]Originally posted by Grunch[/i]
<br>I have a cable modem. How exactly do I zip stuff?
[/quote]
Search at places like CNet's download.com site for free zipping tools. Try something like "zip windows freeware". I seem to recall FreeZip is pretty common in PeeCee land.
Frau_Blucher
Room at the Top

Postby obs » Mon Jan 02, 2006 9:03 am

obs
Room at the Top

Return to News, Reissues & Compilations