Site Announcements

View the results of the New Wave Outpost 20th Anniversary Top Songs Poll here:
http://www.nwoutpost.com/poll/results

Coming Soon: Top Albums Poll. Stay tuned!

Welcome to the new forum!
If you are a previously registered user, you must do the following:

1) Click on 'I forgot my password' at the login prompt
2) Enter your username and email you registered with and submit
3) You will receive an email with an activation link. Please click it and then log in using the random password provided
4) Go to your User Control Panel and click on the Profile tab
5) Click on 'Edit Account Settings' and enter your new password twice followed by the random password provided earlier. Click Submit.
6) That's it...you're back in! You may have to log in again with your new password.

If you forgot your email address, please email me (MikeP) at: mikepaulsen12@gmail.com

Note: you must now use bb code buttons in the Post form for embedded images, YouTube videos, etc.
For example, to post embedded YouTube videos: paste in the link (e.g., http://www.youtube.com/watch?XYZ1234567), highlight it and then click the YouTube button.

Every DM album re-mastered in 5.1 SACD & Best Of

Postby obs » Sun Feb 19, 2006 6:25 am

Thanks for the tracklist.

Post website prices if you know them, especially from those "free" shipping places!
obs
Room at the Top

Postby obs » Tue Feb 21, 2006 8:26 am

CDWow (.com/.net) now has the first batch listed for 10UKP or 15EUR, although they list the release date being April 03, not March 02.
obs
Room at the Top

Postby Sean » Tue Feb 21, 2006 9:27 am

05.Video - Depeche Mode 80-01 (Do we really have to give up our day jobs?) - 26:40

This, I don't understand. Should this be 80-81?!? Also, which videos would this be? What other videos did they make for Speak & Spell besides Just Can't Get Enough?

The way I'm reading this, they are putting videos from each album on the bonus dvd's. Is that right?
Sean
Room at the Top

Postby obs » Wed Feb 22, 2006 10:52 am

The video on the DVD sounds like a documentary. The rest of the DVD tracks are audio only, I believe. They basically put the DVD so that more people get a chance to hear the 5.1 mix as SACD players aren't all that popular.
obs
Room at the Top

Postby crystal » Fri Feb 24, 2006 8:38 pm

is it just me or does anyone else find the tracklistings a bit disappointing? again the b-sides + one or the other mix... hm... the documentarys of course sound nice, hopefully some more info on them soon.
crystal
Personal Jesus

Postby obs » Sat Feb 25, 2006 4:54 am

Yeah, I originally was disappointed but a lot of the stuff is available already, and before this project was announced I would have been happy with just any remastering.
obs
Room at the Top

Postby WaverBoy » Sat Feb 25, 2006 7:06 pm

What they need to do is put out all the early videos on DVD, to complement the later vids they've already released. And a comprehensive CD box set of all remixes and b-sides, this time cramming as many songs on a CD as will fit.
WaverBoy
Take On Me

Postby obs » Sun Feb 26, 2006 5:07 am

I agree that "Some Great Videos" need to be released on DVD. About the other idea, I don't want to have to buy all the mixes again. I'll settle for a compilation of the missing tracks instead [:)].
obs
Room at the Top

Postby WaverBoy » Sun Feb 26, 2006 5:52 am

Nope, they gotta release 'em all again, 'cause I never bought the first round of ridiculously overpriced box sets. See, it's all about MY needs... [;)]
WaverBoy
Take On Me

Postby obs » Sun Feb 26, 2006 6:10 pm

If you think they're overpriced in the US, try in Canada where it's only available as an import. Luckily, I got mine when I was in DE. The US boxes for the current release = :-P. Cheap. Same with the triple disc Remixes compilation.
obs
Room at the Top

Postby rewindmylife » Fri Mar 24, 2006 10:05 am

I'm so excited...I love Dangerous and never got around to getting it on tape (OK, I know, I'm severely behind the times...I do have a cd player in my car but never got around to updating my tape collection)

I do have an iPod now....do you think these will be available on iTunes?
rewindmylife
Take On Me

Postby obs » Mon Mar 27, 2006 8:25 pm

ITunes? :-p. Those types of sites are okay if you only want one or two tracks but if you're going to buy entire albums, why settle for DRM lossy crap when you can get the real thing (even if the CD might be copy-controlled :-D)?

They should have released Black Celebration (March 1986) remastered first, in time for its 20th anniversary.
obs
Room at the Top

Postby obs » Mon May 08, 2006 4:25 pm

Finally got the first batch of remastered. Don't really have a comment on the sound quality, as I haven't done a close comparison. The highlight, for me, are the documentaries. Watching them really brings back the memories. The one on Speak and Spell really stands out, as they talk about the early days of the band. It would have been nice if they released the albums in chronological order so that we could watch the documentaries in order.

Packaging isn't the best. It's a double digi-pak, same as the ones used for the Cure, except they have a plastic slipcase instead of cardboard (nice touch here). The slipcases are the same for all the releases though. It's clear plastic with all these little dots on them, making it look almost like graph paper, but at least it gives the digi-paks a bit of protection. The booklets each have an couple of pages of additional text that a non-band member wrote, as well as the lyrics (unlike the Eurythmics remasters), including for the bonus tracks.

Any word on the release date of the next batch?

PS. Packaging comments is based on the EU pressing. Don't know about the US (or even if it's been released in North America yet), but why buy the crappy US release when you can get the nice hybrid SACD.
http://www.cdwow.com now has these first three for 10UK Pounds shipped ... think they were 8.75 a week or two ago (Grr, they dropped the price about a week after I ordered).

PPS. In case you are wondering, DVD has 5.1 tracks in DD and DTS, plus stereo PCM track in 24bit (probably 48kHz).
obs
Room at the Top

Postby kemo60605 » Sat May 13, 2006 2:08 pm

I've always wished DM would do a greatest hits as an acoustic album.
kemo60605
Switchin' to Glide

Postby obs » Sat May 13, 2006 5:58 pm

I wish they would have re-recorded some of their earlier tracks back in the mid to late eighties. Some of their stuff like Ice Machine sounded great live (on the bside of Somebody 12"), and I would have loved for a studio version that was similar.
obs
Room at the Top

PreviousNext

Return to News, Reissues & Compilations