Site Announcements

View the results of the New Wave Outpost 20th Anniversary Top Songs Poll here:
http://www.nwoutpost.com/poll/results

Coming Soon: Top Albums Poll. Stay tuned!

Welcome to the new forum!
If you are a previously registered user, you must do the following:

1) Click on 'I forgot my password' at the login prompt
2) Enter your username and email you registered with and submit
3) You will receive an email with an activation link. Please click it and then log in using the random password provided
4) Go to your User Control Panel and click on the Profile tab
5) Click on 'Edit Account Settings' and enter your new password twice followed by the random password provided earlier. Click Submit.
6) That's it...you're back in! You may have to log in again with your new password.

If you forgot your email address, please email me (MikeP) at: mikepaulsen12@gmail.com

Note: you must now use bb code buttons in the Post form for embedded images, YouTube videos, etc.
For example, to post embedded YouTube videos: paste in the link (e.g., http://www.youtube.com/watch?XYZ1234567), highlight it and then click the YouTube button.

Bringing Home The Ashes, by The Wild Swans

Bringing Home The Ashes, by The Wild Swans

Postby WaverBoy » Thu Jan 19, 2006 7:22 pm

Will this album ever get re-issued? It's one of the all-time greats. 10 songs, eight of which are solid smash winners. I'd love to see a remastered edition with extended versions included. I know there's extended versions of Worst Year Of My Life and Bringing Home The Ashes floating about...was there ever an extended mix of Bible Dreams? And were there lyrics included with the old CD? There are some lines in Bible Dreams that I just can't make out. If anyone has the lyrics to this song, and can post them, I'll be so grateful!

I'm intoxicated by the melancholy voice of Paul Simpson, and I love the stuff he sings about. I heard he's tinkering with the idea of releasing a new album with vocals (for quite awhile he's been doing instrumental stuff under the Skyray moniker). I'd love to see that happen.

"Bringing home the ashes...is more than I can bear...when winter lightning flashes...you'll find your own way there."
WaverBoy
Take On Me

Postby fanciz » Fri Jan 20, 2006 12:59 am

I have both the US and Philippine CD's, they don't include the lyrics. If U like the band, check Renascent, they have reissued Incandescent and who knows, they might release also BHTA in spite of the difficulty of getting the license.

http://www.renascent.co.uk/pages/albums.html
fanciz
The Jet Set

Postby Barmy » Fri Jan 20, 2006 4:01 am

You can easily get it for under $50 on eBAy. It is not THAT rare.
Barmy
The Jet Set

Postby Sean » Fri Jan 20, 2006 7:20 am

Does the Phillipines version have any bonus tracks?
Sean
Room at the Top

Postby Abacab » Fri Jan 20, 2006 8:37 am

I've been trying to find a copy of the Japanese reissue but have so far been unsuccessful.

Edward
Abacab
Take On Me

Postby WaverBoy » Fri Jan 20, 2006 12:09 pm

[quote][i]Originally posted by Barmy[/i]
<br>You can easily get it for under $50 on eBAy. It is not THAT rare.
[/quote]

The Japanese reissue is up for bid on eBay right now, already at $50.23, with two days left to go; plenty of time for it to climb even higher. You were saying?

I'll wait until it's reissued; until then, I'll make do with my mp3s, and not fork over upwards of $70 for it, none of which would go into the pockets of Paul Simpson and the gang anyway. I know, it might be a long wait.
WaverBoy
Take On Me

Postby Abacab » Fri Jan 20, 2006 2:05 pm

Already bidding on it [:)]

Edward
Abacab
Take On Me

Postby Barmy » Fri Jan 20, 2006 4:38 pm

Check completed items. You have to be patient.
Barmy
The Jet Set

Postby fanciz » Sat Jan 21, 2006 3:47 am

[quote][i]Originally posted by WaverBoy[/i]
<br>[quote][i]Originally posted by Barmy[/i]
<br>You can easily get it for under $50 on eBAy. It is not THAT rare.
[/quote]

The Japanese reissue is up for bid on eBay right now, already at $50.23, with two days left to go; plenty of time for it to climb even higher. You were saying?

I'll wait until it's reissued; until then, I'll make do with my mp3s, and not fork over upwards of $70 for it, none of which would
go into the pockets of Paul Simpson and the gang anyway. I know, it might be a long wait.
[/quote]

It seems that this CD is made in Korea, if this is the case collectors will not bid on that one. I got mine for $113 on ebay, mint, US made. During the months I hunted for it, I had seen one going for about $50 but used, the condition didn't look good.
fanciz
The Jet Set

Postby fanciz » Sat Jan 21, 2006 3:49 am

[quote][i]Originally posted by Sean[/i]
<br>Does the Phillipines version have any bonus tracks?
[/quote]

Nope, no bonus tracks. It is available regularly so I suppose that it's a bootleg.
fanciz
The Jet Set

Postby Howie » Sun Jan 22, 2006 1:56 am

When I first listened to "Bringing Home The Ashes" by the Wild Swans I became a fan.I would love to see a remastered reissue of this album with bonus tracks and lyrics as well.Paul Simpson made a PERFECT ALBUM.Every song on the album is a winner!.
The next album "Spaceflower" was a lot different.Produced by Ian Broudie, the album had a more psychedelic sound and different mood.It is not as wonderful as BHTA, but Paul Simpson's beautiful voice and genius for writing made the album a great follow up of BHTA.If you are into the Wild Swans, "Diamonds and Emeralds" by Care is also a must.Care is Paul Simpson and Ian Broudie.Listen to Care's "Flaming Sword", another example of it should-have-been a hit!
Howie
Running Up That Hill

Postby Synthpopfan » Sun Jan 22, 2006 3:42 am

I have three Japanese of BHTA. Two sealed one opened. I bought them a while ago when they were going for $18 each. I got lucky, seeing a used one on ebay for $50 + & time still left. [:0]
Synthpopfan
Room at the Top

Postby fanciz » Sun Jan 22, 2006 3:42 am

[quote][i]Originally posted by Howie[/i]
<br>When I first listened to "Bringing Home The Ashes" by the Wild Swans I became a fan.I would love to see a remastered reissue of this album with bonus tracks and lyrics as well.Paul Simpson made a PERFECT ALBUM.Every song on the album is a winner!.
The next album "Spaceflower" was a lot different.Produced by Ian Broudie, the album had a more psychedelic sound and different mood.It is not as wonderful as BHTA, but Paul Simpson's beautiful voice and genius for writing made the album a great follow up of BHTA.If you are into the Wild Swans, "Diamonds and Emeralds" by Care is also a must.Care is Paul Simpson and Ian Broudie.Listen to Care's "Flaming Sword", another example of it should-have-been a hit!
[/quote]

I believe You, I have 4 copies of Diamonds & Emeralds![:D] Third Best NW album after The Wild Swans BHTH and The Colourfield V&P!
fanciz
The Jet Set

Postby fanciz » Sun Jan 22, 2006 3:50 am

[quote][i]Originally posted by Synthpopfan[/i]
<br>I have three Japanese of BHTA. Two sealed one opened. I bought them a while ago when they were going for $18 each. I got lucky, seeing a used one on ebay for $50 + & time still left. [:0]
[/quote]

May be U can check your copies, the CD could be printed in Japan but made in Korea.
fanciz
The Jet Set

Postby fanciz » Sun Jan 22, 2006 3:58 am

[quote][i]Originally posted by Abacab[/i]
<br>Already bidding on it [:)]

Edward
[/quote]

I'm a bit puzzled by this seller, he has the tendency to sell the sames CD's again and again...Orange Juice, Paul Weller etc

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 4779922152
fanciz
The Jet Set

Next

Return to News, Reissues & Compilations