Site Announcements

View the results of the New Wave Outpost 20th Anniversary Top Songs Poll here:
http://www.nwoutpost.com/poll/results

Coming Soon: Top Albums Poll. Stay tuned!

Welcome to the new forum!
If you are a previously registered user, you must do the following:

1) Click on 'I forgot my password' at the login prompt
2) Enter your username and email you registered with and submit
3) You will receive an email with an activation link. Please click it and then log in using the random password provided
4) Go to your User Control Panel and click on the Profile tab
5) Click on 'Edit Account Settings' and enter your new password twice followed by the random password provided earlier. Click Submit.
6) That's it...you're back in! You may have to log in again with your new password.

If you forgot your email address, please email me (MikeP) at: mikepaulsen12@gmail.com

Note: you must now use bb code buttons in the Post form for embedded images, YouTube videos, etc.
For example, to post embedded YouTube videos: paste in the link (e.g., http://www.youtube.com/watch?XYZ1234567), highlight it and then click the YouTube button.

CD's that need to be released

CD's that need to be released

Postby Sean » Tue Oct 28, 2003 9:39 am

There's a bunch of 80's stuff that needs to be released on cd but here's a few from wish list: (If any of these have been released, please let me know)

Pseudo Echo - Autumnal Park
Private Lives - Prejudice & Pride
Altered Images - Bite
SSQ - Playback
B-Movie - Forever Running
Minor Detail - Minor Detail
Slow Children - Slow Children
Slow Children - Mad About Town
Pseudo Echo - Love An Adventure (Australian Version)
Peter Baumann - Strangers In The Night
Space Monkey - On The Beam
Industry - Stranger To Stranger
Peter Godwin - Correspondence (Just for that darn song "Over Twenty-One" that they left off the Greatest Hits"
Vicious Pink - Vicious Pink

Any others?
Sean
Room at the Top

Postby Jason² » Tue Oct 28, 2003 1:19 pm

And at least ONE of those, next year, will be released :)

Edited by - jfiber on 10/28/2003 22:50:07
Jason²
The Jet Set

Postby schwenko » Tue Oct 28, 2003 11:11 pm

And at least ONE of those, next year, will be released :)

Edited by - jfiber on 10/28/2003 22:50:07

And that would be.......??????
schwenko
Room at the Top

Postby Sean » Thu Oct 30, 2003 11:33 am

Which one?
Sean
Room at the Top

Postby Jason² » Thu Oct 30, 2003 11:59 am

B-Movie - Forever Running
Jason²
The Jet Set

Postby Sean » Fri Oct 31, 2003 6:40 am

Wow, where did you see this? Was there a website that mentioned this? I hope that decide to included some 12" versions on there including "A Letter From Afar".
Sean
Room at the Top

Postby Jason² » Fri Oct 31, 2003 11:42 am

My label, Superfecta Recordings, is releasing it. Unfortunately, as a licensee we are subject to the terms that the licensor enforces.

And sadly, we are not able to add any bonus tracks :(

We tried.

Edited by - jfiber on 10/31/2003 18:42:54
Jason²
The Jet Set

Postby Sean » Mon Nov 03, 2003 7:54 am

That's great. Bonus tracks would be better but I would be happy just to see that album get released on cd. Please let me know as soon as you get some definite dates. I took a look at your website and also saw Secession mentioned for future release. Will you give me some info on that? Also, any chance your label will be releasing any of the above titles?

There was one more cd that I forgot to mention that has to be released. That cd would be "New Art" by Fake.
Sean
Room at the Top

Postby knowitallrecs » Mon Nov 03, 2003 3:48 pm

The label I work for, Know-It-All Records, is interested in reissuing '80s albums under a different imprint. If any of you have suggestions, e-mail me at knowitallmedia@yahoo.com. Thank you very much!

Michael Sutton
A&R Representative
Know-It-All Records
http://www.knowitallrecords.com

<hr noshade color="#999999" size="1" width="90%">
"We'll be as we are
When all the fools who doubt us fade away"
- The Icicle Works
knowitallrecs
Personal Jesus

Postby Surly » Tue Nov 04, 2003 7:09 am

My label, Superfecta Recordings, is releasing it. Unfortunately, as a licensee we are subject to the terms that the licensor enforces.

So Jason,

Since the B-Movie album is on Sire, does this mean they have opened their doors to you at last? (I remember you mentioning that Sire was hands-off for a litle while). I only ask because I would LOVE to hear you say that you will now be able to release "Stop Start" by Modern English!!

"Words like conviction can turn into a sentence"
Surly
The Jet Set

Postby Jason² » Tue Nov 04, 2003 5:11 pm

Actually, no. Sadly. We got the B-Movie approval before the proverbial door slammed.

SOMEONE needs to do a full catalog best-of from Modern English. I don't know if I'd subject ANYONE to a complete listening of Stop/Start. Don't get me wrong, "Ink & Paper" ranks up there with the best of the '80s pop stuff, and another song or two on that album are solid, but it's a STEEP downhill drop from there.
Jason²
The Jet Set

Postby Surly » Wed Nov 05, 2003 11:39 pm

SOMEONE needs to do a full catalog best-of from Modern English. I don't know if I'd subject ANYONE to a complete listening of Stop/Start. Don't get me wrong, "Ink & Paper" ranks up there with the best of the '80s pop stuff, and another song or two on that album are solid, but it's a STEEP downhill drop from there.

I agree. It's not so much that I want the whole album on CD, just "Ink And Paper." However, Beggars Banquet already did a best-of, and it's horrible. I know people at the label, and there are no plans for a different best of. It's not typical for them to license in tracks from outside sources. Even though the compilation business is dying, I keep hoping you'll attempt a "lost classics" CD someday.

In the meantime, I'll have to burn "Ink And Paper" from vinyl to disc and make my own best-of. The Beggars comp didn't even include the singles "Hands Across The Sea" or "Chapter 12"!

"Words like conviction can turn into a sentence"
Surly
The Jet Set

Postby Sean » Fri Nov 07, 2003 3:12 am

Do you guys have an approximate release date for the B-Movie "Forever Running"? Even just the month and year would be cool. Also, I know that A Letter From Afar can't be on there but can the 12" singles from "Forever Running" be included on there, such as the extended version of the title track and Switch On Switch Off?
Sean
Room at the Top

Postby Jason² » Sun Nov 09, 2003 2:49 pm

Not to be a snot, but what part of "we are not able to add any bonus tracks" would have left you wondering if the extended mix of "Switch On..." could be included?

*shakes fist*

I don't have a release date as as the paperwork isn't all signed up yet - and it's a REALLY expensive title to release as it's licensed internationally and is difficult to get all the details hammered out on. I'd say we're looking at end of Summer 2004 - but that could change.

Edited by - jfiber on 11/09/2003 21:54:03
Jason²
The Jet Set

Postby Sean » Mon Nov 10, 2003 10:00 am

A simple answer would have been nice but I guess that didn't happen. You know, the reason I ask is because it's always better to ask before hand. People always complain after the fact and they go how come this wasn't on there and that wasn't on there. Once the cd has been pressed, most record companies will most likely not go back and put on bonus tracks just to make people happy. Considering that Switch On and Forever Running were songs off of the album, I thought there may be a possibility that it can be on there. It just seemed like this is something that can actually be done since I see so many albums released by Oglio and other labels that have bonus tracks of songs from the album. Sorry I asked.
Sean
Room at the Top

Next

Return to News, Reissues & Compilations