Site Announcements

View the results of the New Wave Outpost 20th Anniversary Top Songs Poll here:
http://www.nwoutpost.com/poll/results

Coming Soon: Top Albums Poll. Stay tuned!

Welcome to the new forum!
If you are a previously registered user, you must do the following:

1) Click on 'I forgot my password' at the login prompt
2) Enter your username and email you registered with and submit
3) You will receive an email with an activation link. Please click it and then log in using the random password provided
4) Go to your User Control Panel and click on the Profile tab
5) Click on 'Edit Account Settings' and enter your new password twice followed by the random password provided earlier. Click Submit.
6) That's it...you're back in! You may have to log in again with your new password.

If you forgot your email address, please email me (MikeP) at: mikepaulsen12@gmail.com

Note: you must now use bb code buttons in the Post form for embedded images, YouTube videos, etc.
For example, to post embedded YouTube videos: paste in the link (e.g., http://www.youtube.com/watch?XYZ1234567), highlight it and then click the YouTube button.

CD's that need to be released

Postby skinnytie » Sun Mar 21, 2004 7:13 am

Sean, I don't know if you know this yet, but the Altered Images back catalog has been re-released, including "Bite", with bonus tracks. They are available as imports, and you should find them around eBay and Amazon and the like easily enough. Unfortunately, I don't know the label they were released on. Also, "Playback" (the song) is on a Stacey Q compilation that I saw a few years back (I don't remember it's title or label). Remember, she was Q when she recorded "Playback", then changed her name to SSQ ("Syntheside" is also on this compilation) before settling with the Stacey Q ("Two of Hearts") monicker. I hope this helps you somewhat.

[quote]Originally posted by Sean
[br]There's a bunch of 80's stuff that needs to be released on cd but here's a few from wish list: (If any of these have been released, please let me know)

Pseudo Echo - Autumnal Park
Private Lives - Prejudice & Pride
Altered Images - Bite
SSQ - Playback
B-Movie - Forever Running
Minor Detail - Minor Detail
Slow Children - Slow Children
Slow Children - Mad About Town
Pseudo Echo - Love An Adventure (Australian Version)
Peter Baumann - Strangers In The Night
Space Monkey - On The Beam
Industry - Stranger To Stranger
Peter Godwin - Correspondence (Just for that darn song "Over Twenty-One" that they left off the Greatest Hits"
Vicious Pink - Vicious Pink

Any others?
[/quote]
skinnytie
The Jet Set

Postby Jason² » Sun Mar 21, 2004 3:34 pm

PLUG TIME!!!

The Altered Images CDs are on sale this week at The Ideal Copy!!

www.idealcopy.com

yay!!
Jason²
The Jet Set

Postby scramjet » Mon Mar 22, 2004 1:25 am

Talking Heads's first live album "The Name of This Band is Talking Heads". Got it on vinyl, but no turntable. Gotta find someone to digitized it one of these days.
scramjet
Room at the Top

Postby ExRat » Mon Mar 22, 2004 3:27 am

Lydia Lunch's 'Hysterie'. I have been trying to get this on CD for years now. Only succeeded in getting a REALLY bad quality bootleg. Irritating!
ExRat
Room at the Top

Postby schwenko » Mon Mar 22, 2004 4:22 am

[quote]Originally posted by ExRat
[br]Lydia Lunch's 'Hysterie'. I have been trying to get this on CD for years now. Only succeeded in getting a REALLY bad quality bootleg. Irritating!
[/quote]This site has Teenage Jesus & The Jerks and Eight Eyed Spy and Lydia Lunch CDs.

http://www.atavistic.com/catalog.cfm

Surprisingly I have the Hysterie CD; not a frequent resident of my cd player; occasional Diddy Wah Diddy and Run Thru The Jungle are played!
schwenko
Room at the Top

Postby Sean » Mon Mar 22, 2004 4:38 am

Gregg, thanks for the info. I did know about both the Altered Images and SSQ/Stacey Q releases. Actually I nearly fell out of my chair when I heard that "Bite" was being re-released. I do have it now and am a very happy owner. Slowly but surely though, all of these old classics are being put onto cd. :) Hurray!!! Can't wait for Superfacta to release the B-Movie "Forever Running" cd.

A note on that Stacey Q/SSQ cd. Thump records did a horrible job on the mastering of that cd. The pumped up the bass so much on the SSQ songs that you can barely hear it. One of my favourite songs of all times also didn't make it on the cd. That's "Anonymous" by SSQ.

Anyways, thanks again Gregg.
Sean
Room at the Top

Postby ExRat » Mon Mar 22, 2004 4:42 am

WOW! Awesome! Thanx Schwenko! Damned if I hadn't tried everywhere recently to find 'Hysterie' on CD (I have it on cassette.) Thank you, thank you, thank you! I'm off to order.....
ExRat
Room at the Top

Postby skinnytie » Mon Mar 22, 2004 1:36 pm

No problem, Sean. I felt the same way when I saw the Altered Images albums were being re-released as well, especially with the B-sides being included. A shame they butchered the SSQ stuff on the Stacey Q compilation; I'll think twice about getting that CD now if I see it again. If I see anything on your other titles, I'll let you know. [:)]

[br]Gregg, thanks for the info. I did know about both the Altered Images and SSQ/Stacey Q releases. Actually I nearly fell out of my chair when I heard that "Bite" was being re-released. I do have it now and am a very happy owner. Slowly but surely though, all of these old classics are being put onto cd. :) Hurray!!! Can't wait for Superfacta to release the B-Movie "Forever Running" cd.

A note on that Stacey Q/SSQ cd. Thump records did a horrible job on the mastering of that cd. The pumped up the bass so much on the SSQ songs that you can barely hear it. One of my favourite songs of all times also didn't make it on the cd. That's "Anonymous" by SSQ.

Anyways, thanks again Gregg.
[/quote]
skinnytie
The Jet Set

Postby British » Wed Mar 24, 2004 6:37 am

I swore I posted on a thread similar to this before.

Fay Ray - Contact You
Martha and the muffins - all 3 albums + any B-sides I can't ever get ahold of(Copacabana, etc)
British
Room at the Top

Postby schwenko » Wed Mar 24, 2004 12:06 pm

[quote]Originally posted by British
[br]I swore I posted on a thread similar to this before.

Fay Ray - Contact You
Martha and the muffins - all 3 albums + any B-sides I can't ever get ahold of(Copacabana, etc)
[/quote]

Well, Metro Music has been released. Granted, "Trance and Dance" and "This is the Ice Age" have only had some tracks released digitally. Supposedly TITIA is in the works for a digital rebirth according to M+M themselves.
schwenko
Room at the Top

Postby 80schild.com » Thu Mar 25, 2004 1:16 am

HEY everyone. I just joined the group. I'm a big SSQ fan and would love to see their stuff released , instrumentals, remix's and all.

Hope all the SSQ fans will give me an email...

David
80schild.com
Running Up That Hill

Postby schwenko » Fri Mar 26, 2004 4:03 am

[quote]Originally posted by scramjet
[br]Talking Heads's first live album "The Name of This Band is Talking Heads". Got it on vinyl, but no turntable. Gotta find someone to digitized it one of these days.
[/quote]

I believe that this is getting a commercial release this year (CD). I believe the Talking Heads mailing list announced it.
schwenko
Room at the Top

Postby gjennmike » Mon Mar 29, 2004 9:18 am

in response to real life's heartland album...... it is available for sale at domestic prices at this spot....

www.adifferentdrum.com

as well as there newest album Imperfection which is quite good.

gjennmike
gjennmike
Running Up That Hill

Postby alugjk » Tue Apr 06, 2004 11:14 pm

[br] Does anyone know if Haircut 100 post Nick Heyward ever released an album containing all of their songs including "So Tired"? That would be a cool one to see on cd too.
[/quote]

They did release a second album called "Paint and Paint" in 1983, which includes "So Tired" and also "Prime Time." As far as I know, it has never been issued on CD.
-George
alugjk
Running Up That Hill

Postby Sean » Mon Apr 12, 2004 5:45 am

Thank you for the Haircut 100 info.
Sean
Room at the Top

PreviousNext

Return to News, Reissues & Compilations