Site Announcements

View the results of the New Wave Outpost 20th Anniversary Top Songs Poll here:
http://www.nwoutpost.com/poll/results

Coming Soon: Top Albums Poll. Stay tuned!

Welcome to the new forum!
If you are a previously registered user, you must do the following:

1) Click on 'I forgot my password' at the login prompt
2) Enter your username and email you registered with and submit
3) You will receive an email with an activation link. Please click it and then log in using the random password provided
4) Go to your User Control Panel and click on the Profile tab
5) Click on 'Edit Account Settings' and enter your new password twice followed by the random password provided earlier. Click Submit.
6) That's it...you're back in! You may have to log in again with your new password.

If you forgot your email address, please email me (MikeP) at: mikepaulsen12@gmail.com

Note: you must now use bb code buttons in the Post form for embedded images, YouTube videos, etc.
For example, to post embedded YouTube videos: paste in the link (e.g., http://www.youtube.com/watch?XYZ1234567), highlight it and then click the YouTube button.

CD's that need to be released

Postby Jason² » Mon Nov 10, 2003 12:05 pm

Sean, you sorta asked for it. You read my post where I said "we are not able to add bonus tracks". And then proceded to basically ask "can you add this track as a bonus track"?

How can you possibly take offense at the fact that the question was asked, and answered, and then you decided to ask it again... I think I had a right to be flippant in my answer.

However, just so you don't think I am trying to cheat the world of what I consider to be some excellent non album tracks.. we requested all 4 mixes from the US 12" promo of Forever Running/Switch On Switch Off. We also tried to add the 3 mixes of "A Letter From Afar" from the 12" as well as the extended version of "Nowhere Girl" and the b-side "Remembrance Day".

We were told that if we wanted to add bonus tracks we'd need to guarantee that we'd manufacture 25,000 units over 3 years. Since there's a zero percent chance that we could ever sell anything CLOSE to that, we stayed with the original deal which is for the original 9 track album with nothing extra. We are going to remaster it so it will sound awesome, and it will have a nice booklet with a complete discography and new liner notes written by Steve Hovington.

BELIEVE ME - we WANT to add as much to each package as possible. I personally want these mixes on CD at least as much as you - however, they are just not available to license under terms that make financial sense.

Therefore, we are going with the original 9 track album which has never been on CD before and which I have wanted since i was 16 years old.

Edited by - jfiber on 11/10/2003 19:07:17

Edited by - jfiber on 11/10/2003 19:07:47
Jason²
The Jet Set

Postby thefxc » Mon Nov 10, 2003 2:46 pm

I'll bet you could move 25,000 copies if you got some car company to use "Nowhere Girl" in a commercial. Or Target.

Seriously, I hope this release comes through. Superfecta's batting 1.000 so far.

The bonus track nonsense is ridiculous. And the record companies fret about people trading mp3s. Let some smaller labels put this stuff on CD, and people will pay for it...

--fxc
thefxc
Personal Jesus

Postby Sean » Tue Nov 11, 2003 9:44 am

Actually, that was the information that I had hope to receive from you the first time around. The original comment of you not being able to add bonus tracks didn't have the detail behind it. Honestly, there's really no hard feelings here. My hat goes off to you for putting this cd out. This is a cd that a lot of people want reissued and the big record labels are too chicken to put it out. Hope the sales take off for you. Take care. I'll help spread the word on the cd release so please keep us updated.
Sean
Room at the Top

Postby Frayo » Thu Nov 13, 2003 4:10 am

Re-Flex - Humanication (awsome album!)
Kajagoogoo - Islands (another awsome album!)
Kaja - Crazy Peoples Right to Speak (the coolest)
Fou Gorki - Big House/Communication/etc..
Limahl - Don't Suppose
Trees - Sleep Convention
Colour Radio - Colour Radio
*everything by Secession*
Scotch - Disco Band
A Drop in the Gray - A Drop in the Gray
Espionage - Espionage
Espionage - ESP
*everything by Our Daughters Wedding*

Amen to Private Lives - Prejudice and Pride!!!
Im so glad you mentioned that one, Sean!!
Awsome album!!

<hr noshade color="#999999" size="1" width="90%">
ME: kajafan86@playful.com
AIM: RaiyoKun (Im online almost all the time)
Frayo
Room at the Top

Postby Sean » Thu Nov 13, 2003 8:56 am

Definitely on that A Drop In The Grey album. That's got to get released on cd. I love "Heartache Feeds Heartache" so much. Does anyone know if Haircut 100 post Nick Heyward ever released an album containing all of their songs including "So Tired"? That would be a cool one to see on cd too.
Sean
Room at the Top

Postby fiftypercent » Thu Dec 11, 2003 3:49 am

I would like to thank Jason at Superfecta for providing some detail on the licensing deals that come into play when re-releasing these old albums on CD. I've often thought that when I win Powerball (that's a *big* lottery for non-US members) I would set about getting my pet faves out there.

I have to say that it seems absurd to me that record labels and the RIAA complain about file trading in songs that are 20 years old when they do not provide them on-line as a no-brainer 99 cent download and also refuse to let decent labels fill in the catalog cracks to meet the demand of the fans. I'm a CPA and advise clients on business issues all the time. Seems that the RIAA is ignoring an obvious profit stream for cash-strapped labels: clean up some of these old recordings and allow legal downloads with cover art, inserts, etc. No distribution or manufacturing costs necessary.

I'll reserve comment on our current alternative - the Obscure80's series - until I receive the CD-R I recently ordered.

Anyone else like Al Corley's "Square Rooms"? That would be a good track for the weekly post IMHO.
fiftypercent
Personal Jesus

Postby fritzb » Thu Dec 11, 2003 7:55 am

Al Corley "Square Rooms" has appeared on several recent CD compilation from Germany.

Pop & Wave Vol. 8 - The Return Of The Fantastic 80's (Sony - Germany)

The Best Of Discopop - Modern 80's (Polystar - Germany)
fritzb
Room at the Top

Postby Sean » Thu Jan 08, 2004 11:01 am

Any planned release date for the B-Movie "Forever Running" cd?!?
Sean
Room at the Top

Postby marie3 » Sat Jan 10, 2004 9:13 am

APB Something to believe in Great Album
marie3
Der Kommissar

Postby Otters Walk Among Us » Wed Jan 14, 2004 12:51 pm

how about:
Belouis Some - Some People
Real Life - Heartland
Belfegore
Cock Robin
Screaming For Emily

and something other than a $35 Japanese import of Red Box - The Circle and The Sqaure, if that's even still available.

and I definitely concur with the votes for A Drop In The Gray.
Otters Walk Among Us
The Jet Set

Postby unguarded moment » Sun Jan 18, 2004 1:59 pm

Real Life's "Heartland" has been released at least a couple of times on CD, originally in Germany, then it became a very sought-after item on ebay. I sold my copy on ebay for over $200 about three years ago. Recently, it has been rereleased in their native Australia, and you should be able to get it for about $20, I'm guessing. As for the APB album, "Something To Believe In", I'm assuming you mean the compilation by the same name, as I don't believe APB ever released a proper album by that name. Anyway, it was issued on CD about ten years ago but has been out of print for some time.
unguarded moment
Personal Jesus

Postby randy » Sat Jan 24, 2004 12:39 am

Good advice to check out e-bay. I've picked up several hard to find cd's there and and good prices. I got Real Life's "Heartland" for $7.50 about 8 months ago.
randy
Room at the Top

Postby Frayo » Wed Mar 17, 2004 12:41 pm

All of Flesh For Lulus unreleased albums...

They have 3 unreleased albums
Frayo
Room at the Top

Postby schwenko » Wed Mar 17, 2004 1:56 pm

Modern Eon- Fiction Tales
schwenko
Room at the Top

Postby Glen » Thu Mar 18, 2004 1:15 am

"Heartland" is also available at Real Life's website:
http://www.reallifemusic.net
Glen
Personal Jesus