Site Announcements

View the results of the New Wave Outpost 20th Anniversary Top Songs Poll here:
http://www.nwoutpost.com/poll/results

Coming Soon: Top Albums Poll. Stay tuned!

Welcome to the new forum!
If you are a previously registered user, you must do the following:

1) Click on 'I forgot my password' at the login prompt
2) Enter your username and email you registered with and submit
3) You will receive an email with an activation link. Please click it and then log in using the random password provided
4) Go to your User Control Panel and click on the Profile tab
5) Click on 'Edit Account Settings' and enter your new password twice followed by the random password provided earlier. Click Submit.
6) That's it...you're back in! You may have to log in again with your new password.

If you forgot your email address, please email me (MikeP) at: mikepaulsen12@gmail.com

Note: you must now use bb code buttons in the Post form for embedded images, YouTube videos, etc.
For example, to post embedded YouTube videos: paste in the link (e.g., http://www.youtube.com/watch?XYZ1234567), highlight it and then click the YouTube button.

Exotic Birds - Equilibrium

Discussions about vinyl records: rarities, obscurities and collectibles, promos, mixes, etc. DJ-related discussions are welcome as well as techniques for recording & restoring vinyl records to CD/MP3.

Exotic Birds - Equilibrium

Postby Frayo » Mon Jun 21, 2004 2:41 am

This one was released on CD and vinyl in 1990.
The Exotic Birds included then unknown keyboardist Trent Renzor. As we all know, Trent went on to be the lead man and keyboardist for Nine Inch Nails.

All of the sounds on this CD are either light or somewhat epic. It uses a unique variant of your typical early 90s dance pop. I'd group this with Billy Idol - Cyberpunk....

Its got lots of complicated digital FX and some intreicate dance loops in it. The vocals are interesting, and the synthes are pretty amazing. Good album.

Sure, most of its dance pop, but a lot of it has enough of an epic feel to put it into its own genre. It uses lots of string and horn samples throughout the album.

Nice stuff.
Frayo
Room at the Top

Postby oneno » Mon Jun 21, 2004 5:43 am

I don't have access to my cd's at the moment but I do have a couple of there releases.Is Equilibrium the one with Badfingers "Day after Day"? Here some online stuff I found about them. From Cleveland, Ohio. Led by Andrew Kubiszewski (vocals/guitar) with
oneno
Room at the Top

Postby 1981baby » Mon Jun 21, 2004 10:53 am

yes "day after day" is on equilibrium. they also has a self titled six song ep which featured the song "imagination" that's not on "equilibrium" and another six song ep called "l'ouiseau" which was all original material.
1981baby
Personal Jesus

Postby Frayo » Mon Jun 21, 2004 2:21 pm

Imagination is the opening track on my copy of Equilibrium:
(Exotic Birds - Equilibrium) (Alpha International Records D270955)

Imagination
Day After Day
Everything is Different Now
Heartbeat like a Drum
Every Star Was You
Fashion and Luxury
The
Frayo
Room at the Top

Postby 1981baby » Mon Jun 21, 2004 5:09 pm

this version i downloaded off a friend is some sort of 15 track reissue with "imagination" replaced by "pleasure" with remixes of five songs on equilibrium. the track order is different as well. don't know what's up with that. maybe it was released like t
1981baby
Personal Jesus

Return to Vinylmania!