Site Announcements

View the results of the New Wave Outpost 20th Anniversary Top Songs Poll here:
http://www.nwoutpost.com/poll/results

Coming Soon: Top Albums Poll. Stay tuned!

Welcome to the new forum!
If you are a previously registered user, you must do the following:

1) Click on 'I forgot my password' at the login prompt
2) Enter your username and email you registered with and submit
3) You will receive an email with an activation link. Please click it and then log in using the random password provided
4) Go to your User Control Panel and click on the Profile tab
5) Click on 'Edit Account Settings' and enter your new password twice followed by the random password provided earlier. Click Submit.
6) That's it...you're back in! You may have to log in again with your new password.

If you forgot your email address, please email me (MikeP) at: mikepaulsen12@gmail.com

Note: you must now use bb code buttons in the Post form for embedded images, YouTube videos, etc.
For example, to post embedded YouTube videos: paste in the link (e.g., http://www.youtube.com/watch?XYZ1234567), highlight it and then click the YouTube button.

'Live at CBGB's' lp for $10 - what would you do??

Discussions about vinyl records: rarities, obscurities and collectibles, promos, mixes, etc. DJ-related discussions are welcome as well as techniques for recording & restoring vinyl records to CD/MP3.

'Live at CBGB's' lp for $10 - what would you do??

Postby bpdp3 » Mon Jan 26, 2004 5:32 am

I've passed this lp over so many times. It's sitting there in a pathetic rack, among the Charlie Pride and Ray Coniff lps, saying "if you don't pick me up, no one will - - I don't deserve this fate"...

I think if I got it, it would be as a 'period piece' type thing, not something I'd listen to that often. Maybe I'm wrong....but there are a lot of no-name bands on that lp.

I do like alot of the early NYC punk bands, but I'm not sure about this....I'm hoping someone out there can either convince me or talk me out of it.
bpdp3
The Jet Set

Postby Bob-O » Mon Jan 26, 2004 6:29 am

I am a conneseur (sp?) of late 70's American and Brit punk, yet I refuse to own the Live @ CBGBS record because it is so terrible. Buy it for 50c or a dollar, but definately NOT $10!
Bob-O
Take On Me

Postby Momotaro » Mon Jan 26, 2004 9:58 am

Thanks Ollie, you verified my suspicions. I always thought it was a crummy release...
Momotaro
Take On Me

Return to Vinylmania!