Site Announcements

View the results of the New Wave Outpost 20th Anniversary Top Songs Poll here:
http://www.nwoutpost.com/poll/results

Coming Soon: Top Albums Poll. Stay tuned!

Welcome to the new forum!
If you are a previously registered user, you must do the following:

1) Click on 'I forgot my password' at the login prompt
2) Enter your username and email you registered with and submit
3) You will receive an email with an activation link. Please click it and then log in using the random password provided
4) Go to your User Control Panel and click on the Profile tab
5) Click on 'Edit Account Settings' and enter your new password twice followed by the random password provided earlier. Click Submit.
6) That's it...you're back in! You may have to log in again with your new password.

If you forgot your email address, please email me (MikeP) at: mikepaulsen12@gmail.com

Note: you must now use bb code buttons in the Post form for embedded images, YouTube videos, etc.
For example, to post embedded YouTube videos: paste in the link (e.g., http://www.youtube.com/watch?XYZ1234567), highlight it and then click the YouTube button.

What cool stuff have you picked up on vinyl lately

Discussions about vinyl records: rarities, obscurities and collectibles, promos, mixes, etc. DJ-related discussions are welcome as well as techniques for recording & restoring vinyl records to CD/MP3.

Postby gilson80boy » Sat Jul 31, 2010 3:03 am

For some great obscure vinyl new wave titles, please see my blog that I just launched. I will be listing on a consistent basis.

http://vinylobscurity.blogspot.com/
gilson80boy
Personal Jesus

Postby bpdp3 » Fri Mar 04, 2011 10:23 pm

"Future Imperfect" lp by Metro. I believe this was only released in Germany and then later reissued in america as 'the face of america'(?).

Most people probably remember Metro from their 1976 lp.

This came out in 1980, Peter Godwin on vocals. VERY new wave sounding (to me, anyway). Something I wasn't going to pick up until I actually gave it a cursory listen - - very nice!
bpdp3
The Jet Set

Postby firefall » Mon Mar 14, 2011 12:31 am

Metro were an excellent sophisticated art pop band from mid seventies not far away from what Georg Kajanu's Sailor did at the same time.The talented Peter Godwin,together with the one folk/popper Duncan Browne,put forces for creating a luxurious pre/neoromanticism musical adventure before Spandau Ballet or Duran Duran.They had also a pure punk adventure as Public Zone with one single.

Some finds
Pariah-same(Posh Boy punk rock,this is a reissue)
gene October-Life and Struggle(ex Chelsea mainman)
Cut-Shadows play(excellent post punk album from Norway,somewhere between Echo and the Bunnymen and Deaf School).
firefall
Personal Jesus

Postby Spectre General » Mon Mar 14, 2011 10:18 am

So I just picked up quite a few awesome vinyls.

Siouxsie & The Banshees - Juju
Ministry - The Land of Rape and Honey
David Sylvian - Secrets of the Beehive
Cocteau Twins - The Pink Opaque
Cocteau Twins - Garlands
Fear - The Record
Ian McCullough - Candleland
Echo & The Bunnymen - Porcupine
Nina Hagen - Nunsexmonkrock
fIREHOSE - fROMOHIO

Got them from a place called Deep Groove here in Richmond VA. Everytime I go in there I spend waaaay too much money. If any of you are ever in Richmond, you have to go there.

-------------------------------------------------
What is love after all
but occasional steps
of a dance.........
.......In a trance?
Spectre General
The Jet Set

Postby korova1 » Fri Mar 18, 2011 11:06 am

Presages _ 4AD comp
Decline of Western Civilization Soundtrack
Human League -- Being Boiled 12'
Generation X - s/t sealed
Siglo XX - Fear and Desire
Eno - Another Green World
Catherine Wheel - Ferment
Kleenex - 1st LP
REM - document sealed cutout
korova1
Personal Jesus

Postby q89747 » Tue Oct 18, 2011 5:27 am

Just got Another Green World myself. Good record. Shame it's a cutout (but the damn thing still cost me fifteen bucks). Also got Roxy Music Manifesto on the same run.
q89747
Personal Jesus

Postby q89747 » Thu May 24, 2012 3:01 pm

Sparks - A Woofer in Tweeter's Clothing (sealed!)
Banshees - 'Slowdive' 12" single (never was big on that song, but the B-sides are pretty good)
OMD - 'Maid of Orleans' 12" single
Liquid Liquid - Slip In And Out Of Phenomenon (three-LP comp, plus a CD-- with the extra cuts they had to save space, and unfortunately 'Optimo' doesn't sound quite as juicy at 33 as at 45).
Beach Boys - Surf's Up (side 1 I could do without; side 2 is just deeply fucking great.)
Colin Newman - Commercial Suicide (imagine Tuxedomoon crossed with Durutti Column.)
Comsat Angels - Land (rubbish. I sold it back within a week.)
Bill Laswell - Baselines
Kid Creole - Wise Guy
Ultravox - Ha!-Ha!-Ha! (Surprisingly good poppy punk. I thought it was going to suck.)
q89747
Personal Jesus

Postby guglielm » Fri Sep 21, 2012 3:23 am

[quote][i]Originally posted by KYYX4ever[/i]
<br>does that Major Thinkers lp have "Tears and Synthesizers" on it ? I have been looking for that song for years with no luck.

Good catch with Anne Clark ! Yum!
[/quote]

http://www54.zippyshare.com/v/63385987/file.html

"Tears & Synthesizers" enjoy!
guglielm
Switchin' to Glide

Postby q89747 » Tue Feb 26, 2013 3:24 pm

Bought quite a few records lately.

Beach Boys - Holland LP (The standout track for me is 'The Trader')
Gene Loves Jezebel - Discover (UK version, with the bonus live LP)
Gene Loves Jezebel - Suspicion 12" single (wish it were 45 instead of 33, but oh well)
Gene Loves Jezebel - 'Shaving My Neck' 12" EP (Surprisingly raw post-punk. Excellent)
Roxy Music - For Your Pleasure
The Sound - From the Lions Mouth (the re-ish. Great album, but unfortunately side 2 has wowing across its entirety...)
Talk Talk - Laughing Stock (another re-ish. Unfortunately, the 'After the Flood' cut sounds quite distorted)
Brian Eno - Music for Films
Brian Eno - Taking Tiger Mountain (by Strategy)
Human League - Dare (well, it was worth a buck)
Xmal Deutschland - Tocsin (frankly an LP's worth of this is more than I care for. But I've only spun it a couple times)
Killing Joke - 'Birds of a Feather' 12" single
Microdisney - The Clock Comes Down the Stairs (ya get what ya pay for-- mid-80s Smithsian pop, on Rough Trade natch)
Tin Tin - 'Kiss Me' 12" single
Pete Shelley - XL1 (other than the tracks he released as singles, the LP's disappointingly weak)
Free Agents - £3.33 (sometimes noise works as music and sometimes it doesn't...)
Sparks - 'Beat the Clock'/'Tryouts for the Human Race' 12" single (I prefer the LP versions, but still...)
Sparks - Big Beat (decent mid-70s Sparks, but simply not as good as their golden era of Propaganda/Kimono)
q89747
Personal Jesus

Postby bpdp3 » Fri Apr 26, 2013 6:25 am

Two releases which both as a nice coincidence happen to be on the Twin/Tone label: The Suburbs 'Credit in Heaven' and the Pistons "Flight 581"
bpdp3
The Jet Set

Previous

Return to Vinylmania!