Site Announcements

View the results of the New Wave Outpost 20th Anniversary Top Songs Poll here:
http://www.nwoutpost.com/poll/results

Coming Soon: Top Albums Poll. Stay tuned!

Welcome to the new forum!
If you are a previously registered user, you must do the following:

1) Click on 'I forgot my password' at the login prompt
2) Enter your username and email you registered with and submit
3) You will receive an email with an activation link. Please click it and then log in using the random password provided
4) Go to your User Control Panel and click on the Profile tab
5) Click on 'Edit Account Settings' and enter your new password twice followed by the random password provided earlier. Click Submit.
6) That's it...you're back in! You may have to log in again with your new password.

If you forgot your email address, please email me (MikeP) at: mikepaulsen12@gmail.com

Note: you must now use bb code buttons in the Post form for embedded images, YouTube videos, etc.
For example, to post embedded YouTube videos: paste in the link (e.g., http://www.youtube.com/watch?XYZ1234567), highlight it and then click the YouTube button.

are you losing vinyl shops in your area?

Discussions about vinyl records: rarities, obscurities and collectibles, promos, mixes, etc. DJ-related discussions are welcome as well as techniques for recording & restoring vinyl records to CD/MP3.

Postby Ollie Stench » Mon Apr 25, 2005 5:47 am

Add Let It Be Records to the list of those shutting its doors. 18 years in business and the owner decided to close up instead of relocating.
Ollie Stench
Room at the Top

Postby bowiestation » Sat May 07, 2005 4:39 pm

Only surviving store in my town is called Charlemagne records.Been around for over 25 years and I can never find anything I want. The really good stores(Wuxtry and Floyds dedicated to new wave, punk,alternative) are forever gone.They vanished around 1992.
bowiestation
The Jet Set

Postby goutroy » Thu Jun 30, 2005 6:57 am

This is one of the reasons I love living in SF: there still are many excellent record stores still to be found in the city. Anyone who's been to Amoeba Music can testify (this music store is huge - itliterally used to be a bowling alley! And the vinyl sel
goutroy
Personal Jesus

Postby whistledog » Tue Jul 05, 2005 2:41 am

There's a store where I live called Brian's Record Option. It's the smallest, mustiest store I've ever been in, but he's got so many records, everytime I go in there, I don't come out for like 2 hours [:)]

He's got zillions of 12", 45's, albums.. it's
whistledog
Personal Jesus

Previous

Return to Vinylmania!