Site Announcements

View the results of the New Wave Outpost 20th Anniversary Top Songs Poll here:
http://www.nwoutpost.com/poll/results

Coming Soon: Top Albums Poll. Stay tuned!

Welcome to the new forum!
If you are a previously registered user, you must do the following:

1) Click on 'I forgot my password' at the login prompt
2) Enter your username and email you registered with and submit
3) You will receive an email with an activation link. Please click it and then log in using the random password provided
4) Go to your User Control Panel and click on the Profile tab
5) Click on 'Edit Account Settings' and enter your new password twice followed by the random password provided earlier. Click Submit.
6) That's it...you're back in! You may have to log in again with your new password.

If you forgot your email address, please email me (MikeP) at: mikepaulsen12@gmail.com

Note: you must now use bb code buttons in the Post form for embedded images, YouTube videos, etc.
For example, to post embedded YouTube videos: paste in the link (e.g., http://www.youtube.com/watch?XYZ1234567), highlight it and then click the YouTube button.

Thoughts on Thought....

Discussions about vinyl records: rarities, obscurities and collectibles, promos, mixes, etc. DJ-related discussions are welcome as well as techniques for recording & restoring vinyl records to CD/MP3.

Postby Frau_Blucher » Tue Dec 09, 2003 5:55 am

Music is a great diversion and healer. Best wishes and best of luck on your project.
Frau_Blucher
Room at the Top

Postby Michele Cindy » Thu Jan 29, 2004 3:31 am

Wow - this is good to see a discussion on the Thought. The lp cover I have, if I recall correctly... Has a picture of an old man with his head in his hands. I may have another lp too, can't remember. Looks kind of anguished. It has Lone Wolf, 8 miles hi, etc. I have put it on a tape, haven't listened to it in a real long time, the other side of the tape I remember putting the Jeasus and Mary Chain, the two bands seemed to go together nicely. It's a good combo for a rainy dreary day. It wasn't clear what anyone who was in the Thought is doing now. Does anyone know?
Michele Cindy
Switchin' to Glide

Postby Frayo » Sun Mar 21, 2004 12:22 am

Thats the same album I have.
Its a yellow cover..
And the old man has his hands on his heads like hes concentrating...and theres a glass on a nearby table and some books in the background...and the glass is floating!

On the back its the same picture only the man is gone and the picture is turned to gray. Only the glass is resting on the table and its black (while the rest of the picture is gray).

Im not too sure...for the LP is several hundred miles away. I wish I had the ability to take my record player to school with me. I have been forced to do some primitave MFV on the album...You can hear it jsut fine, only theres static and a hum...its better than nothing.

SPEAKING OF CURRENT EVENTS:
I was emailed by a guy whos best friends with The Thought (if you want his mail addy, just IM or email me.)

*this was clipped from an email to me from rob*
When the rousers ( the band before they changed their name into the thought) had been playing for 2 years as a punkband, wieb and his brother (Bonne, singer) joined the group.Before that my brother Theo was their singer.
After 2 lp's wiebs' brother left; wieb, Cock & Jan de Jong started "the thought"
Rob Marienus, the former Rousers bassplayer came back after the first Thought album.
they recorded a couple of singles and 2 or 3 more albums before they split.
They had had some succes in the USA, but only in the cult community.
Their manager met with the australian band the CHURCH and to his amazement found out that they had all the thought albums!
Wieb struggled on and formed SHOOT THE MOON with Rob Marienus and Theo de jong (little brother of Cock and Jan on drums) again a 2 cd's...with marginal succes.
After the death of Rob Marienus they quit for a while.
Shoot the Moon still excists today with Paul Bruin on drums, and Daniel ..(?) on Bass,
they do a couple of gigs a year.
Wieb's concentrating on a new project: THE BUTTERFLY CLAN.
acoustic, folk songs with a weird twist( there's still alittle bit of the thought there!)
with a girl singer, 2 guitars and a bassguitar. I join in every once in a while playing the Qchord...
The cd presentation is tomorrow.

see you
rob
Frayo
Room at the Top

Postby DDreamer » Fri Jul 09, 2004 5:57 pm

[quote]Originally posted by DDreamer
[br]In about 3 weeks i will have record all the albums of the thought to mp3, then i will make a download area on my company website.

[/quote]

There are so many things happend last six months that i can not set my
my mind to record the albums that i have. I wil do it but i don't no exactly when.
DDreamer
Running Up That Hill

Postby DDreamer » Tue Oct 26, 2004 1:42 am

I received an email from Cock de Jong leadsinger of The Rousers and The Thought and he told me there wil be an compilation cd of the band.
I've got this answer after i told him that i was recording the music to mp3.
DDreamer
Running Up That Hill

Postby MikeP » Mon Nov 01, 2004 3:22 am

DDreamer, thanks for the news. A Thought compilation would be fantastic and much deserved! Keep us informed.
MikeP
President Am I

Postby Frayo » Mon Nov 22, 2004 4:32 pm

I wonder what it'll include the other 2 albums.

Does he have a release date or label number as of yet?
Frayo
Room at the Top

Postby Booker T. Verstraete » Tue Nov 30, 2004 6:08 pm

The LP 'A Treat Of New Beat' of The Rousers will be released on cd at the beginning of 2005. Including some b-sides, singleversions and outtakes.

More info will appear soon on http://www.rumblerecords.nl
Booker T. Verstraete
Running Up That Hill

Postby Cornplanter » Sun Jan 23, 2005 9:14 am

I picked up a copy of the Thought at the Millcreek Mall in Erie, Pa. about 20 years ago. The copy I had had this old guy with white hair on the cover. He had his finger tips on his temples either thinking real hard or nursing a migraine. Some of the songs on this album were real good; "Stranded With A Stranger" comes to mind.
Cornplanter
Running Up That Hill

Postby pilon » Thu Feb 03, 2005 10:47 am

[quote]Originally posted by Frayo
[br]The Thought is an obscure band I discovered through hearing the nice samples courtesy of Mike. I searched for the LP and I finally got it several months ago.,,,

I was wondering, how do you classify this band? Who are these people? (list at the end of message). Where are they now? What does the other self-titled album sound like compared to this one? What happened to them? What is this? Lemme know your thoughts (no stupid pun intended) and someone (if not Mike, then someone else) please tell me more about this interesting release.

Its a very good album and I seem to be listening to it all the time on rainy weekends like this one :)

People:
Kok de jong
Jan de jong
Wieb Zigtema
Rob Marienus

Track Listing:
*Every Single Day
Stranded With a Stranger
The Rise and Fall
*Lone Wolf
*Out of Oblivion
Eight Miles High
Maggie Maccoll
*Tonight Again
*Rapture
(*'s indicate my favorites-for those who have already heard the album)

ME: kajafan86@playful.com
AIM: RaiyoKun (Im online almost all the time)
[/quote]

[:)][:)][:)]

Many many thanks for this great informations about the fabulous Rousers personally i'm a great fan of this band

another good news see on the http://www.popinstituut.nl/

and on this adress

http://www.fonos.nl/fonos2/store?reques ... _key=28164

the two Lp's of the Rousers and from the Thought are officially re realesed on Cd's it's a good new because the originals pressing in good conditions is really hard to find now

bye

pilon
pilon
Take On Me

Postby Frayo » Sun Apr 10, 2005 11:30 pm

I didnt see anything on the Thought release...

I dont get it.
Oh and while Im thinking about it...could someone put up the track listing to the third Thought album?

EDIT:

OK I just wasnt searching right.
Im such a 404.

That is awesome. Im so gonna order them.... Times like this make me wish I had money.
Frayo
Room at the Top

Postby MikeP » Mon Apr 11, 2005 3:56 am

I'd love to get these, but that is the only site that seems to carry them. Hopefully these reissues will be more widely available through other import retailers. Sirendisc.com, are you reading this?
MikeP
President Am I

Postby Frayo » Thu Apr 28, 2005 2:54 am

*waves up a sigh*

Hey, Idealcopy, pick this one up. I will make you a slighty richer corporation (by like $20).
Frayo
Room at the Top

Postby DDreamer » Sun May 01, 2005 4:56 am

[quote][i]Originally posted by pilon[/i]
<br>[quote]Originally posted by Frayo
[br]The Thought is an obscure band I discovered through hearing the nice samples courtesy of Mike. I searched for the LP and I finally got it several months ago.,,,

I was wondering, how do you classify this band? Who are these people? (list at the end of message). Where are they now? What does the other self-titled album sound like compared to this one? What happened to them? What is this? Lemme know your thoughts (no stupid pun intended) and someone (if not Mike, then someone else) please tell me more about this interesting release.

Its a very good album and I seem to be listening to it all the time on rainy weekends like this one :)

People:
Kok de jong
Jan de jong
Wieb Zigtema
Rob Marienus

Track Listing:
*Every Single Day
Stranded With a Stranger
The Rise and Fall
*Lone Wolf
*Out of Oblivion
Eight Miles High
Maggie Maccoll
*Tonight Again
*Rapture
(*'s indicate my favorites-for those who have already heard the album)

ME: kajafan86@playful.com
AIM: RaiyoKun (Im online almost all the time)
[/quote]

[:)][:)][:)]

Many many thanks for this great informations about the fabulous Rousers personally i'm a great fan of this band

another good news see on the http://www.popinstituut.nl/

and on this adress

http://www.fonos.nl/fonos2/store?reques ... _key=28164

the two Lp's of the Rousers and from the Thought are officially re realesed on Cd's it's a good new because the originals pressing in good conditions is really hard to find now

bye

pilon
[/quote]
This is not exactly correct, it's only the first lp of the rousers how on cd now, including 11 songs. these are B-sides and outtakes and are never recorde on lp.
DDreamer
Running Up That Hill

Postby DDreamer » Sun May 01, 2005 6:08 am

at this moment i shared about 39 songs of The Rousers and The Thought, also 6 songs of The spive and The sciccors also bands from Broek of langedijk the hometown of the the thought/the rousers, on New hope of the sciccors is cock de jong on guitar because there own gitar player was sick. I share the music with Ares lite, and this is the place to download.

http://www.areslite.com/areslite181.exe
DDreamer
Running Up That Hill

PreviousNext

Return to Vinylmania!