Site Announcements

View the results of the New Wave Outpost 20th Anniversary Top Songs Poll here:
http://www.nwoutpost.com/poll/results

Coming Soon: Top Albums Poll. Stay tuned!

Welcome to the new forum!
If you are a previously registered user, you must do the following:

1) Click on 'I forgot my password' at the login prompt
2) Enter your username and email you registered with and submit
3) You will receive an email with an activation link. Please click it and then log in using the random password provided
4) Go to your User Control Panel and click on the Profile tab
5) Click on 'Edit Account Settings' and enter your new password twice followed by the random password provided earlier. Click Submit.
6) That's it...you're back in! You may have to log in again with your new password.

If you forgot your email address, please email me (MikeP) at: mikepaulsen12@gmail.com

Note: you must now use bb code buttons in the Post form for embedded images, YouTube videos, etc.
For example, to post embedded YouTube videos: paste in the link (e.g., http://www.youtube.com/watch?XYZ1234567), highlight it and then click the YouTube button.

LP Values

Discussions about vinyl records: rarities, obscurities and collectibles, promos, mixes, etc. DJ-related discussions are welcome as well as techniques for recording & restoring vinyl records to CD/MP3.

LP Values

Postby zill » Thu Jan 26, 2006 6:51 am

I'm late to the party and this has probably been covered, but I was wondering:

a) what internet sites people use to buy/sell vinyl
b) a site that I could use to get an idea of prices that might influence my decision to keep or sell some of my vinyl

Is there generally a premium for coloured vinyl? Off the top I know I have a Simple Minds LP on clear vinyl and The Damned Phantasmagoria on white vinyl. Not that they are rare LP's but I don't know if they were all pressed on coloured vinyl.
zill
Room at the Top

Postby obs » Thu Jan 26, 2006 1:09 pm

The Simple Minds were pressed on black vinyl as well. Don't know why for several of those Canadian releases, they were pressed on colour.

New Gold Dream (LP) - transparent yellow
Sparkle in the Rain - clear?
Up on the Catwalk - white
obs
Room at the Top

Postby Ollie Stench » Fri Jan 27, 2006 5:57 am

Hey Zill,

Check out www.popsike.com for recent ebay values.

Off the top of my head that Damned Phantasmagoria white vinyl is still only about a $10-$20 record.
Ollie Stench
Room at the Top

Postby zill » Fri Jan 27, 2006 8:15 am

thanks, ollie

$10? guess i better get back to my work!

obs, yes it is sparkle in the rain that i have with clear vinyl!
zill
Room at the Top

Postby obs » Fri Jan 27, 2006 5:41 pm

Yeah, I never got that Minds on clear. I saw it back in the days but the price must have been jacked up because it was clear, so I picked up a quality DE pressing instead.

I do have Glass Tiger on clear vinyl though. Autographed even! [:D]

Nuts, this is reminding me of that autographed Mind's Sons and Fascination/Sister Feelings Call UK double-pack that I saw a couple of years ago selling for a reasonable price that I foolishly didn't buy :-(.
obs
Room at the Top

Return to Vinylmania!