Site Announcements

View the results of the New Wave Outpost 20th Anniversary Top Songs Poll here:
http://www.nwoutpost.com/poll/results

Coming Soon: Top Albums Poll. Stay tuned!

Welcome to the new forum!
If you are a previously registered user, you must do the following:

1) Click on 'I forgot my password' at the login prompt
2) Enter your username and email you registered with and submit
3) You will receive an email with an activation link. Please click it and then log in using the random password provided
4) Go to your User Control Panel and click on the Profile tab
5) Click on 'Edit Account Settings' and enter your new password twice followed by the random password provided earlier. Click Submit.
6) That's it...you're back in! You may have to log in again with your new password.

If you forgot your email address, please email me (MikeP) at: mikepaulsen12@gmail.com

Note: you must now use bb code buttons in the Post form for embedded images, YouTube videos, etc.
For example, to post embedded YouTube videos: paste in the link (e.g., http://www.youtube.com/watch?XYZ1234567), highlight it and then click the YouTube button.

THE Godsend for Vinyl-Loving Computer Novices!

Discussions about vinyl records: rarities, obscurities and collectibles, promos, mixes, etc. DJ-related discussions are welcome as well as techniques for recording & restoring vinyl records to CD/MP3.

Postby WolverineSyr » Sat Feb 23, 2008 11:50 pm

[quote][i]Originally posted by coop41[/i]
Wolvie, you won't be disappointed, my Technics 1200's just collect dust now.
[/quote]

I can't wait to get it. I have a few hundred 12" singles gathering dust in my closet which are dying to be converted. My Technics & Phillips cd recorder have been collecting dust for a while now anyways - too many steps & not the greatest quality rip.
WolverineSyr
Room at the Top

Postby DJ Phoenix » Sun Feb 24, 2008 10:26 am

The link given, no longer works. Is it anything like the new "ION's" that are out? They're supposedly something you can use to record vinyl/mp3 rips onto cd's firectly freom the turntable, or is this the same as what you're all talking about?

Believe it or not, I've never tried ripping vinyl to cd, although I definately want to down the road.

Keepin the 80s alive
DJ Phoenix
Room at the Top

Postby randy » Sun Feb 24, 2008 8:32 pm

Brookstone sells the Ion plus their own make and you can get them directly at the store.No neeed to wait for shipping.
randy
Room at the Top

Postby WolverineSyr » Wed Feb 27, 2008 8:54 pm

Holy crap! The ion is great! It's so easy to use and the sound quality is great. The only problem I had was making Audacity work with Vista, but I eventually figured it out.
I am so happy that I bought this. I haven't really fooled around with any songs yet, just did some straight rips to MP3.
WolverineSyr
Room at the Top

Postby obs » Thu Feb 28, 2008 11:06 am

[i]> I haven't really fooled around with any songs yet, just did some straight rips to MP3.[/i]

Don't be a fool. Record them and archive it in a lossless format.
obs
Room at the Top

Previous

Return to Vinylmania!