Site Announcements

View the results of the New Wave Outpost 20th Anniversary Top Songs Poll here:
http://www.nwoutpost.com/poll/results

Coming Soon: Top Albums Poll. Stay tuned!

Welcome to the new forum!
If you are a previously registered user, you must do the following:

1) Click on 'I forgot my password' at the login prompt
2) Enter your username and email you registered with and submit
3) You will receive an email with an activation link. Please click it and then log in using the random password provided
4) Go to your User Control Panel and click on the Profile tab
5) Click on 'Edit Account Settings' and enter your new password twice followed by the random password provided earlier. Click Submit.
6) That's it...you're back in! You may have to log in again with your new password.

If you forgot your email address, please email me (MikeP) at: mikepaulsen12@gmail.com

Note: you must now use bb code buttons in the Post form for embedded images, YouTube videos, etc.
For example, to post embedded YouTube videos: paste in the link (e.g., http://www.youtube.com/watch?XYZ1234567), highlight it and then click the YouTube button.

New Wave gods

New Wave/Punk music, culture, genres, memories. '80s revivalism and other relevant topics.

New Wave gods

Postby Frayo » Sat Mar 20, 2004 6:48 am

You know...there are a few on this site.
Maybe even more (there can be other wave gods that probobly dont post as much).
They are the people I see myslef as in 10, 15, 20+ years in time. They can ID any song and have New Wave obscurities out the wazoo..

Which brings up something. There is A LOT of new wave and 80s music out there. Exactly 4229 songs charted in the US. Some of the best bands we know of didnt even chart...and there are many countries out there with popular (top 40), hard to find (bottom 60), and obscurities (beyond 100).. So theres like LOADS of music out there...

These godly people know so much.. Paul Miceli (back when he used to post on the Song ID forums) could ID ANYTHING...from New Order coverbands to unknwon groups like Puppy Dogs (which was a band Dave Conover was in before he became Trees...I wouldnt have known this if I didnt talk to him over the phone).

They have all the cool stuff.. Like The Expressions 2nd album...those 3 unreleased albums by Flesh for Lulu..

You gus really really kick ass :).
Like Merek..the Italo/Eurodance guru
Hensoneno and Mike Paulson (whos songs of the Week wakes up SO MANY Appalachian State University students every morning).. and several others (sorry, Im bad with nicknames and names for that matter).

And there is so much music out there....
I have a few artists that I claim as "nobodys ever heard of this" Phillip Jap, Fou Gorki, Moulin Rogue, Krypton, Grey Cat, Ice the Falling Rain, etc.

Im not sure what the point of this post is.. But I so enjoy takling about new wave... all the time. Even more than talking about new wave...is listening to it...and Im always seeking more cool stuff to pop into Da Playa and frighten the roomates with.
Frayo
Room at the Top

Postby gilson80boy » Sat Mar 20, 2004 11:38 am

Frayo

Nice post, sounds like your really immersing yourself into the best music around.

Anyway, I've heard of Philip Jap, just had his sole S/T LP remastered to CD about 3 months ago. I've had the vinyl for years. Good stuff!!
gilson80boy
Personal Jesus

Return to General New Wave & '80s Discussions