Site Announcements

View the results of the New Wave Outpost 20th Anniversary Top Songs Poll here:
http://www.nwoutpost.com/poll/results

Coming Soon: Top Albums Poll. Stay tuned!

Welcome to the new forum!
If you are a previously registered user, you must do the following:

1) Click on 'I forgot my password' at the login prompt
2) Enter your username and email you registered with and submit
3) You will receive an email with an activation link. Please click it and then log in using the random password provided
4) Go to your User Control Panel and click on the Profile tab
5) Click on 'Edit Account Settings' and enter your new password twice followed by the random password provided earlier. Click Submit.
6) That's it...you're back in! You may have to log in again with your new password.

If you forgot your email address, please email me (MikeP) at: mikepaulsen12@gmail.com

Note: you must now use bb code buttons in the Post form for embedded images, YouTube videos, etc.
For example, to post embedded YouTube videos: paste in the link (e.g., http://www.youtube.com/watch?XYZ1234567), highlight it and then click the YouTube button.

Synthpunk

New Wave/Punk music, culture, genres, memories. '80s revivalism and other relevant topics.

Synthpunk

Postby Ollie Stench » Fri Dec 05, 2003 1:16 am

Lately I've really been getting into synthpunk, ie punk rock played on synthesizers.

While there are very few bands I've found the ones that stand out are the Screamers (California), Damage (Florida), Nazis From Mars (Holland?), Darling Genocide (France).

Anyone else into this kind of stuff?
Ollie Stench
Room at the Top

Postby schwenko » Fri Dec 05, 2003 11:53 am

How about Suicide?
schwenko
Room at the Top

Postby Ollie Stench » Sat Dec 06, 2003 4:10 am

I love Suicide! That first LP is great, but the bootleg "23 Minutes Over Brussles" is completely demented!
Ollie Stench
Room at the Top

Postby 1981baby » Tue Dec 09, 2003 9:26 am

i wouldn't say i'm into it because outside of nervous gender i'm not aware of other bands combining the two but i will check out those you guys listed. and i STRONGLY implore you to get some nervous gender. request it in alt.binaries.punk i got it off usenet during the summer. you'll be blown away.
1981baby
Personal Jesus

Postby exotique1958 » Wed Feb 01, 2006 9:51 am

Nervous Gender has put up a website! Http://www.nervousgender.com
exotique1958
Running Up That Hill

Postby Bitter Almonds » Wed Feb 01, 2006 10:04 am

It's Goth, but I like the fast, upbeat "Dancing" by Bauhaus[8D]
Bitter Almonds
Room at the Top

Postby firefall » Thu Feb 02, 2006 7:03 am

I'm a big fan of Screamers,and their double cd''In a better World'',a real treasure of a band,that tried to express a whole artistic vision through its music.What about also some late bands like Servotron,Minds,The Need(with their cheesy keyboards) or the great French art punks Metal Urbain?
firefall
Personal Jesus

Postby Coen » Thu Feb 02, 2006 9:58 am

Also:
DAF- would be one of the first

ATARI TEENAGE RIOT
- is full on synthpunk (don't have any records from them, bu 'saw' them live on tv. (to my surprise: also from Germany according to Google)

ESPLENDOR GEOMETRICO
- Interesting stuff. Influenced by techno pop aswell as industrial and avant garde. Definetely synthpunk and worth trying. (no money back guarantee [8D]). Read this about them ! http://www.geometrikrecords.com/esplendor/i_bio.htm

AUDIO ACTIVE
- Interesting one from Japanese make from the On U Sound label from ADRIAN SHERWOOD, who mixed it. The whole pfunk/dub gang helped making this strange record. Records'called Happy Happer.

Happy search ! I will be curiously 'orange' (as that's the colour of The Netherlands) to see what's happening here.
(Nazi's of Mars I've never heard of them coming from anywhere, let alone The Netherlands...but may be you're right and do I learn HERE more than I should already have found out here... [:I]
Coen
Take On Me

Postby elektrikblu » Sat Jul 26, 2008 3:39 am

Does Alien Sex Fiend fit into this topic? I was really into them. Also, I think maybe The March Violets, SexBeat, The Specimen could fit in too. Dunno.

elektrikblu
"Don't look at the carpet. I drew something awful on it!"
elektrikblu
Personal Jesus

Postby rotator » Sat Aug 02, 2008 1:30 pm

I suppose some early Throbbing Gristle and Cabaret Voltaire may fit. Also, early Nitzer Ebb strikes me as using some pretty punky vocals.

I need to check out some of the stoof you guys have listed...
rotator
Room at the Top

Postby Ollie Stench » Mon Aug 04, 2008 8:42 am

[quote][i]Originally posted by elektrikblu[/i]
<br>Does Alien Sex Fiend fit into this topic? I was really into them. Also, I think maybe The March Violets, SexBeat, The Specimen could fit in too. Dunno.

elektrikblu
"Don't look at the carpet. I drew something awful on it!"
[/quote]

I'd classify them as early goth, much more guitar than synth.
Ollie Stench
Room at the Top

Postby rsgonzalez » Sun Aug 10, 2008 3:38 pm

Check out The Units.
rsgonzalez
Personal Jesus

Return to General New Wave & '80s Discussions