Site Announcements

View the results of the New Wave Outpost 20th Anniversary Top Songs Poll here:
http://www.nwoutpost.com/poll/results

Coming Soon: Top Albums Poll. Stay tuned!

Welcome to the new forum!
If you are a previously registered user, you must do the following:

1) Click on 'I forgot my password' at the login prompt
2) Enter your username and email you registered with and submit
3) You will receive an email with an activation link. Please click it and then log in using the random password provided
4) Go to your User Control Panel and click on the Profile tab
5) Click on 'Edit Account Settings' and enter your new password twice followed by the random password provided earlier. Click Submit.
6) That's it...you're back in! You may have to log in again with your new password.

If you forgot your email address, please email me (MikeP) at: mikepaulsen12@gmail.com

Note: you must now use bb code buttons in the Post form for embedded images, YouTube videos, etc.
For example, to post embedded YouTube videos: paste in the link (e.g., http://www.youtube.com/watch?XYZ1234567), highlight it and then click the YouTube button.

Recording audio and video streams?

New Wave/Punk music, culture, genres, memories. '80s revivalism and other relevant topics.

Recording audio and video streams?

Postby Amosboy » Sat Jun 07, 2003 1:17 am

Hello. I have a question. Is it possible to record audio and video streams from websites? I have Windows Media Player and Real One. Is this possible to do? Also, I finally got a FTP program so I can upload mp3s to my homepage. I suppose if I have something someone is looking for I could upload that file right? Could I just add a hyperlink on this message board or is that a "no-no". Also, is there a way to restrict access to other areas on my homepage so that people could just access what I was providing for music? I realize these are a lot of questions but I do want to be able to contribute to other people's love of music if I can. Thanks.
Amosboy
Switchin' to Glide

Postby Blind_Me_With_Science » Tue Sep 09, 2003 6:37 pm

You can record the audio for example with Messer. It is freeware so you can find without any problem.
About the video, there is a software called Camtasia. The problem is that not always works (unless for me). I used to capture many video streams, but la
Blind_Me_With_Science
Running Up That Hill

Postby 1981baby » Wed Sep 10, 2003 2:28 pm

htere's also a program called streambox recorder which can record things like video clips and audio clkips streamed in real media. it can't record live stuff though. there's also a program that allows you to save stuff you played in windows when i think o
1981baby
Personal Jesus

Postby MikeP » Thu Sep 11, 2003 2:44 am

By all means post links to sites where you can download these programs. I don't have a problem with anything except perhaps direct links to mp3's or other downloadable-type files. In other words, links to other web pages that are relevant within the topic
MikeP
President Am I

Postby Agamis » Sun Sep 14, 2003 9:47 pm

I have recorded streaming audio with Streamripper. It is a plugin for the Winamp player and is really easy to use. One limitation is that it can only record streaming mp3s -- there is no Windows Media stream support at this point. Streamripper is avail
Agamis
Switchin' to Glide

Return to General New Wave & '80s Discussions