Site Announcements

View the results of the New Wave Outpost 20th Anniversary Top Songs Poll here:
http://www.nwoutpost.com/poll/results

Coming Soon: Top Albums Poll. Stay tuned!

Welcome to the new forum!
If you are a previously registered user, you must do the following:

1) Click on 'I forgot my password' at the login prompt
2) Enter your username and email you registered with and submit
3) You will receive an email with an activation link. Please click it and then log in using the random password provided
4) Go to your User Control Panel and click on the Profile tab
5) Click on 'Edit Account Settings' and enter your new password twice followed by the random password provided earlier. Click Submit.
6) That's it...you're back in! You may have to log in again with your new password.

If you forgot your email address, please email me (MikeP) at: mikepaulsen12@gmail.com

Note: you must now use bb code buttons in the Post form for embedded images, YouTube videos, etc.
For example, to post embedded YouTube videos: paste in the link (e.g., http://www.youtube.com/watch?XYZ1234567), highlight it and then click the YouTube button.

Its time to fess up.......

New Wave/Punk music, culture, genres, memories. '80s revivalism and other relevant topics.

Its time to fess up.......

Postby XTC » Mon Jul 07, 2003 6:02 pm

I know I was not the only freak here that WAS into ADAM and the ANTS and BOW WOW WOW?

I do mean Older Ants like 'Kings' and 'Prince Chowmain'..."Prince chowmain ...eggfooyoung is nothing to be scared of" ........at least that how most of my comrads thought of that one at that time.

I still have those moods when Blasting the Ants and Bow wow wow in the car can get me home in the worst of traffic!

come on....its ok...were all friends here....GULP!

"Who me?"
XTC
Take On Me

Postby Frau_Blucher » Mon Jul 07, 2003 10:27 pm

Of course! But I was too sheepish to put them in my "changed my life" list. Adam was great in concert and what red-blooded kid didn't think that the teenage Anabella Lwin was the hottest thing around...well, maybe after Cheryl Ladd when she replaced Farah
Frau_Blucher
Room at the Top

Postby XTC » Tue Jul 08, 2003 12:54 am

Well put MYIRWIN!

She was pretty dang interesting! not the best singer in the world but there was something about those ( Classic Hollywood, Indian/Pirate, 60's surfing sounds )....I'm 1/8 Native American so it always hit a deep chord with me.

I th
XTC
Take On Me

Postby Spaz » Wed Jul 09, 2003 11:48 am

I love ADAM & THE ANTS and even think that his later stuff was great, too. Saw him on the ill-fated "Wonderful" tour and he was amazing.

Loved all the Ants offshoots, too, including Bow Wow Wow (although she may not have been the greatest 'singer', I
Spaz
The Jet Set

Postby XTC » Fri Jul 11, 2003 1:34 am

OK Spaz....Your a much bigger ANT than I am! wow.....

I need to here some of this STUFF!

I saw Adam with Puss in boots tour in Seattle. still had two drummers!

"Who me?"
XTC
Take On Me

Postby stillcool » Thu Jul 17, 2003 8:51 pm

You folk in the U.S of A missed a rare treat as yesterday there was a brilliant documentary on Adam Ant and his merry Ants.

It was on our terrestrial station 'Channel 4' at 9 pm which is post watershed so contained loads of bad language of course. I
stillcool
Switchin' to Glide

Postby Frau_Blucher » Thu Jul 17, 2003 11:07 pm

Jeez, that is so much cooler than any docu's we have. These "where are they now" shows seem stuck on classic rock dregs that have fallen on hard times with no real focus on the music. VH1's "I Love the 80s" was marginally interesting, but their so-called
Frau_Blucher
Room at the Top

Postby XTC » Fri Jul 18, 2003 4:59 pm

Thanks M8!

That sounds very cool!

I did see a small thing on some odd cable channle the other nite Malcolm was talking about BWW and how Annabella's Mum got all in a state about her doing nude or half nude pics on the LP covers! HA! that was cool!
XTC
Take On Me

Postby stillcool » Fri Jul 25, 2003 10:59 am

Yes XTC all I know is she did find out obviously and the s**t did hit the fan with her mum but Malcolm sweetned her up somehow but i've never found out how - i'll do some digging and see what turns up - it might be in his autobiography but I havn't found
stillcool
Switchin' to Glide

Postby stillcool » Sat Jul 26, 2003 1:02 am

I found out why the cover went ahead with a nude Annabella Lwin.

When her mother found out that 'that' sleeve was being used she went bonkers and hauled Annabella off to an aunt's house in Dartmoor and the band were told they would never see her agai
stillcool
Switchin' to Glide

Postby XTC » Sat Jul 26, 2003 4:56 am

far out......

BWW may have been a 'brain child band' like many others in the 80's.....but I still like the feel, vibes etc.

Wasn't Frankie goes to' a 'designer'....an 'office drawn up concept band' as well? ...if so WHO CARES!

"Who me?"
XTC
Take On Me

Return to General New Wave & '80s Discussions